[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The cowgirls wern't that good,in fact they were aweful,then with the penalty count,pfffft,
second half showed how vunerable the sqeels are,they ran out of puff and were going to get beaten.cows needed one more set.but hey its an 80 minute contest,looking forward to when we play them

I wonder how that score line would have looked if the refs didn't punish the Cowboys for scoring in the 48th minute by penalising them until the Eels got one back...

Electric is not one of us @ Rex. Not sure how you come up with that. At best he is like Casper the friendly ghost/ troll. @Rex he is a die hard Eels supporter thus not one of us! However I am sure why that is not obvious to you mate. I guess his Gibberish may have bewildered you. :)

You're right @Red Pill . Won't ever turn my back on supporting the Eels after 36 years.

You're also right, in terms of it not being my party here & as you say a "Casper the friendly ghost/troll" in that context. Got no issues understanding & accepting that.

Nonetheless, don't regret dipping my toes in. Putting aside tribal mob mindsets, I've enjoyed the wit, humour , banter & intelligent conversations with quite a few of you not just @Rex, but the @Mark from Brisbane , @niccipops ,@KeithSheldon s @Dan etc etc. A gibberish Gary Numan troll joke or not, it's all good. You've got a great community here.

Last edited:
Footy show this morning they brought up the eels salary cap investigation. Its not looking good for them as the NRL is looking into these sponsor-related payments.

The eels CEO said he is being co-operative. I wonder if this is a case of the eels giving in and copping it on the chin so the club can move on.

They mentioned they could receive up to a 10 point penalty if a significant breach is found.

@Woodsie , being Eels based, I don't engage in curtains closed activities with less than 5 posters simultaneously. Out of principle.

Maybe @Terry Zarsoff can help me here, but I believe that that is the first time in history the words Eels and principle have been used in the same sentence.

No No they still haven't, I just realised there were 2 sentences. The record remains intact.

Woodsie, I am assured that Eels players all attended school, which of course always have a headmaster or principal.

As for any 'principle' and 'Eels' in the same sentence, you are correct. Unless there is a member of the Anguilliformes' family of fish, called the 'Principle Eel.'

Which I somehow doubt.;)

I would like a show of hands (agrees) to the following suggestion.

@Rex and @Eelectric move in together into own thread (with curtains)

Only allowed out to discuss football or nonsense matters.
That's all good Woodsie. I have two life rules that help me deal with situations like this:

1. Be your own man, choose your own path, and ignore popular opinions.

2. Be your own man, choose your own path, and ignore popular opinions.

Highlight of silvertails is the eels Thread. FFS enough is enough!!!!
Sell this thread with Keiran and the rest of the clowns and go back to Parra

According to The Mole over at RLW, the Speels will have a choice, either Sharp goes or they lose competition points.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/the-m...98279363546639&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Piss weak IMO and if true it shows that the NRL are doing everything they can not to piss off their fan base in the so-called war with the Wanderers and GWS. In other words, they are bending over backwards in an attempt to not actually punish the club.

Mark from Brisbane......your claim of a 2016 fix may be on the money.

Last edited:
According to The Mole over at RLW, the Speels will have a choice, either Sharp goes or they lost competition points.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/the-m...98279363546639&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Piss weak IMO and if true it shows that the NRL are doing everything they can not to piss off their fan base in the so-called war with the Wanderers and GWS. In other words, they are bending over backwards in an attempt to not actually punish the club.

Agreed.
Imagine the poor Eels.
"Oh nooo, don't sack our beloved Mr Sharp, that is a terrible punishment, please no, take our points, take Foran and Jennings, take Pirtek, take it all but please, please don't take our CEO" (or whatever the *&^ he is)

It depends of course exactly what they find in rorts, but if there was rorting it was not by an individual it was by the club, so to not punish the club is to excuse the cheating.

Although the SMH says that the nrl haven't given any such ultimatum. They probably shouldn't as then clubs can hire the dodgiest mercenaries and rort every system...get caught, step down ala andrew gee style!

When you consider the fact that this is what the Speels may be looking at in terms of a 'punishment' for continually cheating the NRL's salary cap, yet Manly have been threatened with on-going fines and loss of competition points if John Hopoate coaches our SG Ball team in a competition that the NRL has no jurisdiction over.....

There are definitely rules for those considered vital to the NRL's cause and rules for those who aren't.

According to The Mole over at RLW, the Speels will have a choice, either Sharp goes or they lose competition points.

That like the NRL catching us systematically rorting the cap and saying we must get rid of Zorba...

Why dont the nrl just come out and say it? No matter what parra do they will not be docked points.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8