[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
So, the NRL has chosen today to hand down its finding. Anyone think it may be to help stifle the impact because tomorrow's big news will be details of the Budget?
Nice work, NRL's PR manager.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
BREAKING: @Todd_Greenberg has just met with @TheParraEels players to inform them of salary cap breach. More news soon. @7NewsSydney @7Sport

News conference expected 11:30

BREAKING NEWS: Parramatta Eels have been stripped of their 12 competition points for 2016. #9News https://t.co/FD6X6YhJaO

Last edited:

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So, the NRL has chosen today to hand down its finding. Anyone think it may be to help stifle the impact because tomorrow's big news will be details of the Budget?
Also gives them a week or more to adjust to the idea without any games this round.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
So is the penalty only decided by the games they won? And no impact on the roster which will help with the story in a couple of years (they rose from the ashes etc)

HappilyManly

Journey Man
THE NRL will fine the Parramatta Eels $1 million, dock them all 12 competition points and sack five club officials as a result of systemic salary cap rorting

Fox News Conference 10am

Eagleheart

Bencher

Yes my thoughts as well................! The budget is a massive headline grabber and it just seems all too convenient with the timing of this announcement, quite sickening actually.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
What a fabulous day.

Untitled.jpg

LOL!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
To be fair if they really wanted to bury it they would not release the news in the morning / lunch time and would have done so in the afternoon

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
I think it's a fair penalty. Basically their season is cruelled (as it should be) but they've a glimmer of hope for the season, so fans won't walk away.

I think they should have to shed some players as well, given that some have been enticed via illegal TPA's.

However, it's effectively ended 2016 for them and that's enough really. I don't think they were quite good enough to win it this year anyway: nobody's gonna stop a Cows v Broncos rematch this year, with uncle Wayne's fairy tale win all but a given at this stage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14