Lloyd perrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
Found this on Lloyd Perrets Instagram, make if it what you will but does anyone find this to be a stab at manly? Or was it under Trent Barrett that this happened? A true shame if he was promised a contract and nothing came if it!

Attachments

• E62D49D3-1AEB-4F60-8992-621198836DF1.png
    E62D49D3-1AEB-4F60-8992-621198836DF1.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 160
Found this on Lloyd Perrets Instagram, make if it what you will but does anyone find this to be a stab at manly? Or was it under Trent Barrett that this happened? A true shame if he was promised a contract and nothing came if it!

Grain of salt .... Every year 100 kids train hoping to get a contract with every club ... few succeed ...what position did he play .. what other options were there ....what was his attitude like ... etc etc ... I don't know if Perrett who has been brushed by Dessie at the Bulldogs then Manly then again by Dessie is necesarily the most reliable of witnessses .... and posts like that whilst under contract make me wonder about Perrett's own lack of development and success .....

The truth or the facts are somewhere ... I am not certain they are contained in that post ....

Tom amone was always the best Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles player.

If he was unpaid in the last off season it was to prove that he could earn a contract from 2019 and it's common practice for fringe players.

I don't believe that NSW Rugby League would allow any player onto the field without a contract.

Tom would have been paid in 2018 as a BWSE player

whatever ... it is a shame we lost him ... but you can't keep them all i.e. Chee Kam, Jesse Ramien .... Will-ee Arm-ee ....

Matty Ballin liked it so perhaps they're all having a dig at the former supercoach

Except Barrett was a dead man walking long before the end of the season or beginning of the pre season .... and decisions concerning Tom Amone would have been made by Dessie ...

.. and I would think that any like by Matty would have been for the best wishes to Tom ... not necessarily at any shot at Manly ... it's not Matty's go ..

Dessie signed on at Manly in Oct 2018 .... Tom Amone signed with Souths in March 2019 ...... he had at least 4 months under Dessie to earn a contract ..

Except Barrett was a dead man walking long before the end of the season or beginning of the pre season .... and decisions concerning Tom Amone would have been made by Dessie ...

.. and I would think that any like by Matty would have been for the best wishes to Tom ... not necessarily at any shot at Manly ... it's not Matty's go ..
That's more effort than I was willing to expend thinking about it...

giphy.gif

Seems to be having a dig at both Trent and DES given the promised contract never came under eithers reins.

I guess if your promised an upgrade you do make plans on the basis you will be paid X amount.

To be honest I had doubts both he and Tanginoa would continue here under Dessie when he was first announced as coach.Both are more middle men and Dessie does not usually have lighter/shorter/thicker(no,not intelligence) guys of that sort of build in the middle.He likes em a little bigger as middle men.He has used Gosiewski and Waddell this year in the middle but they are both of a different body shape etc...and Waddell was probably more forced on Dessie as injuries at start of year,Gosiewski is more because of his versatility.Promises mean nothing,and neither do contracts,Siebold is having his own clearance sale at the Donkeys and Maguire/Cleary and Arthur are trying to do the same...Part of the modern game now,it is not like player managers are all that ethical...

Well Amone did everything he needed to do to earn a contract - he played well in reggies and made the ISP team of the year. It's unfortunate that Manly didn't sign him, I thought he had definite upside, but good luck to Souths for picking him up. We'll never know who's decision it was to cut him loose, but we were flush with middle forwards in our top 30 at the time so it's kind of understandable. However now that Sippers is out, Tangles has moved on and Perrett is on the outer then he may have been afforded an opportunity had he hung around.

Nice article on him here

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/02/27/hes-high-impact-tom-amone/

As an aside I threw up in my mouth a little bit reading that soufs article

"After starring for Blacktown Workers in the ISP last season, Rabbitohs’ recruit Tom Amone had plenty of suitors - but for him, there was one place he wanted to be - The Club of Choice."

The club of choice? Also notice how the club is the Club throughout the whole article

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8