Limit penalty kicks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
yeah, just trying to get my mind off our continued losses.

As we all know, penalty kicks are such a huge advantage for any team; a kick to get a team further down field and a full set of 6.

Rule should change so that after a penalty is given, teams are only able to kick for touch if there is a send off, sin bin or player placed on report. Will even out games a little more. Not many teams will win a match if the second half penalty count is 6 nil.

Thoughts?

I have been advocating something similar for the last couple of years.

I believe the subjective penalties e.g. holding down the player, stripping the ball, should only warrant a 6 again from a set point.

This will reduce the farcical situation like last night where the refs choose to blow up every little indiscretion to get the panthers up then for the last 15 minutes not a single penalty when there were plenty of push downs and hold downs by the panthers on their line that were worse than the ones that got them the win.

They should also bring back the 5 minute sin bin. This will allow repeat offenders to be dealt with easier as will not cause as much media hype as the 10 minute.

That's right, subjective penalties just give too much of an advantage. A rush of penalties will kill off most teams. Also gotta say that I've been scratching my head trying to think why we are being penalised half of the time.

yeah, just trying to get my mind off our continued losses.

As we all know, penalty kicks are such a huge advantage for any team; a kick to get a team further down field and a full set of 6.

Rule should change so that after a penalty is given, teams are only able to kick for touch if there is a send off, sin bin or player placed on report. Will even out games a little more. Not many teams will win a match if the second half penalty count is 6 nil.

Thoughts?
Actually, not a bad idea.

Interesting how a good footy related thread has dropped off the radar quickly rather than the repeat whinge at our team threads. Makes me wonder why people bother coming to this site. Anyways....

Its a bit like a short arm penalty in union, they know there is too much advantage in a full kick and set up play for some of the small indiscresions that are hard to get right all the time.

I like the idea's that silvertail put up. I think they could work for rugby league and it might just stop a lot of teams trying to milk penalties when running the ball out from their own line so they get a free kick for touch to get them out of trouble.

However I will say this. The current NRL administration don't seem to make laws that are for the good of the game. They (attempt to) make laws that make rugby league a better television product.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2