Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We shed Whare, Hiku, Gutherson, Hynes, Knight and even have a look at Blair for Melbourne. Several are already successes at other clubs. Why did we let them go and buy turkeys? Arthurson must be looking at what Manly are doing with horror.

Not keeping our best juniors each year is going to hurt both short and long term. I look at Hynes in the same vein. This club has Put all its eggs in the Tom & Jake Trbojevic basket. That this club haven't keep more of the players the Turbos have grown up playing next too. It just beggers belief.

Knight won't be the next JWH not until he fixes his discipline on and off the field, Hynes is nothing compared to Cleary comparing them to is like comparing JT to Hasson! Hynes is nothing special. Gutherson will be a rep player but not with the 6 on his back he ranks very low out of all the 5/8s in the comp. Myles and Brown did not cost our season Myles defence has been very solid and he has produced great offloads and brown has tried his hardest.
For me turbo your best ever . Respect

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The thing that has me wondering is that our club reported in the media Liam was signed for 2 years. I know Papa is saying he signed for 1 year only and may be the club was trying to put other clubs off looking at him.

May be. That's just seems an odd one. As the players manager is going to be telling other clubs he is a free agent, and trying to get the best deal he can for his client.

Could our club do it to try and keep fans onside? There was a bit of a back lash last year when reports surfaced the Roosters were after Liam then. But that probably only makes sense if we got him on a one year deal, and then the roosters got his signature long term, our club was trying to save face.

I don't know. Our club have been doing weird things of late, but it just seems odd.

DCE=====

I think your wrong.. Toovey era started with our under 20's 2015

Knight, Pratt, Nicho Hynes, Pearsal etc etc i think they were runners up last year to Penrith

The last time Manly had a good u20's before Toovey era was the DCE, FOZ, JWH, LUSSICK, HOPOATE, BUHRER era

i think they were runners up as well

Nah, minor premiers but went out in straight sets to the raiders then bongos

It's always a tough one regarding keeping your good juniors.
Seems these days that as soon as a youngster is labelled the next big thing that they want the price tag to go with it now knowing someone will pay it or they don't want to play reggies.
We "let" JWH go because the Chooks offered way more.
Gutho went to play first grade fullback and ends up playing 5/8.
Just two examples but I'm sure it happens every year at every club.

The Gutho/Knight issue aside, the JWH issue emphasises what I've said all along. Sydney City are clever enough to recognise talent early and pay through the nose for it. Then if the player doesnt meet exceptions they let them go then.

JWH may be a hot head and find himself on the wrong side of the judiciary on occasions, but he is the leader of the SC pack and when he's not there, they are much weaker. This is where Manly are not learning the lesson and almost lost DCE because of it. They fiddle around with their negotiations ad infinitum and then wonder how other clubs slip under their guard. Or they dont appreciate potential like Knight/Gutho and pay for it.

Sure there's a limit but as SC shows, you need a turn over on a regular basis which means paying big for the potentially outstanding kids and letting those past their prime go. The issue with the Trbojevics for example must not be allowed to turn into an extended negotiation. Pay the kids big. If they fail later on, you let them go then. That's what SC do and check out how many grand finals they've contested since 2000...answer: 6 in only 16 years

They dont have to pay through the bag for juniors Fluffy because that doesnt come under the salary cap. Only the top 25 count. So you bring them up slowly as the need arises but pay a fortune to get them there

Off the top of my head in recent years the roosters have bought Manly juniors such as JWH, Lama Tasi, Zach Nicholls, Charley taylor, Joey Lussick an Michael oldfield.

Only JWH has been a success.

Going to the roosters wont guarantee success in fact more than likely the opposite.

Best of luck to liam in the future

Off the top of my head in recent years the roosters have bought Manly juniors such as JWH, Lama Tasi, Zach Nicholls, Charley taylor, Joey Lussick an Michael oldfield.

Going to the roosters wont guarantee success in fact more than likely the opposite.

One out of 6 isn't much of a strike rate.

What's our team is missing is another young mongrel prop. Lussick has surprised me this year and he along with Tapua have been our enforcers.

Coen Hess looks like that type of player with some ball skills. I've watched him the last few games with the cowboys and I reckon he'd make a good prop. I know he's a second rower but we need to snatch someone else's young talent.

• Date of Birth:14-08-1996
  • Height:190
  • Weight:110
  • Position:Second Row
  • Rep. Honours:Qld U18 Schoolboys
  • Junior Clubs:Mount Isa Blackstars
  • Previous Clubs:Townsville Brothers
  • Club Debut:2014

We know Tapau and Lussick can play both front and backrow and through in Hess we have enough players to rotate positions and play with AFB, Meehan and co.

Also Paul Vaughan would be another target if you want a genuine Prop but would be more costly.

• Date of Birth:23-04-1991
  • Height:193
  • Weight:110
  • Position:prop
  • Rep. Honours:NSW Residents (2012), Italy (2013) 3 tests, Country Origin (2014-2015)
  • Junior Clubs:Gungahlin Bulls
  • FG Debut:Raiders v Cowboys (Round 7, 2013, 1300 Smiles Stadium)
  • Club Debut:Raiders v Cowboys (Round 7, 2013, 1300 Smiles Stadium)

We need more dominance up front and Myles isn't doing it.

I don't think Robinson is the best

players under good coach Heath u20s since he has coached here, besides Turbo have all but gone. Including Heath as well.

Last edited:

I never said it would, but the more juniors you grab that are top quality, the more likely you are that you'll get more than your share of future talent.

They dont have to pay through the bag for juniors Fluffy because that doesnt come under the salary cap. Only the top 25 count. So you bring them up slowly as the need arises but pay a fortune to get them there

So are you saying Knight has gone to the chooks because he won't be included in their top 25?
Surely not, if he's as good as alot seem to think he'll want to be playing first grade and that's the problem with these young ones, they want first grade money when they may have only played a handful of games.

So are you saying Knight has gone to the chooks because he won't be included in their top 25?
Surely not, if he's as good as alot seem to think he'll want to be playing first grade and that's the problem with these young ones, they want first grade money when they may have only played a handful of games.

You seem to keep coming back to the specific while I'm talking about the general. Knight is just an example. What I'm saying is that they bring in the cream of juniors so those kids are then part of the SC structure. Easier to keep a player once you've got them and they become part of the furniture. Then those that dont make the grade they let go, but those they want they take care of.

You seem to keep coming back to the specific while I'm talking about the general. Knight is just an example. What I'm saying is that they bring in the cream of juniors so those kids are then part of the SC structure. Easier to keep a player once you've got them and they become part of the furniture. Then those that dont make the grade they let go, but those they want they take care of.

Apologies for being specific but this is thread is called "Liam Knight" and people are up in arms over us letting him go.

So using Knight as an example, I can't see him going to the chooks in the 2nd tier cap as that is only $460k. He'd surely be in the top 25 with a view to playing 1st grade and wanting 1st grade money when so far he's done jack, in fact he's more well known as the Aerogard Kid than the next big thing.
If the chooks want to pay overs for potential then good luck to them

Apologies for being specific but this is thread is called "Liam Knight" and people are up in arms over us letting him go.

So using Knight as an example, I can't see him going to the chooks in the 2nd tier cap as that is only $460k. He'd surely be in the top 25 with a view to playing 1st grade and wanting 1st grade money when so far he's done jack, in fact he's more well known as the Aerogard Kid than the next big thing.
If the chooks want to pay overs for potential then good luck to them
Two seasons ago Knight and Tom Turbo were the best two players in Manly's Under 20's which reached the grand final. Both showed enormous potential. Turbo was fast-tracked but Knight had an early injury and then was forced to play in our NSW Cup team - the footballing equivalent of The Bermuda Triangle where players disappear. From what I saw of Knight in 2015 he is exactly the type of forward our club needs. I will be amazed if he doesn't become a leading player for Easts next season, which will send daggers into the hearts of every Manly fan - especially if we have to watch Poo and Plod representing us again knowing what could have been.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10