1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liam Knight laughs along the road to recovery

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    LIAM Knight spent nearly a month in a medically induced coma after his skull was pierced by a metal rod, allegedly thrown by a party gatecrasher.

Yesterday, flanked by some of his favourite Manly Sea Eagles players, the sharp-witted teenager joked that he may have awoken with "special powers".

"You know how some people wake up from comas and can do things they couldn't do before. Maybe I'm now going to be a pro surfer," he said, with the familiar smile that his family know and love.
    Seven weeks after the horrific incident at a friend's 18th birthday party at Forestville, on Sydney's northern beaches, Liam's family is amazed by his powers of recovery. His doctors had feared he might not survive.
    Yesterday, as he continued his treatment at Ryde Rehabilitation Centre and received a surprise visit from NRL stars Kieran Foran, Ben Farrar and Justin Horo, the 17-year-old's cheeky sense of humour was there for all to see - and enjoy.

Read the full article
    [hr]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Great stuff. Great to see the boys take the time to visit Liam. It would mean the world to him. All the best on the road to recovery Liam.

3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Noted that it is a Daily Telegraph story no less.

4. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    I nearly died when I saw the front page of the Terrorgraph this morning - a good news story involving Manly! I kept looking for the catch, but there wasn't one...... Well done to Manly for supporting Liam!

5. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    when i saw the front page this morning i pictured rothfield looking at it & sounding like homer simpson when he was told there was no beer:
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

6. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Homer no function beer well without

• Like Like x 3
  7. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    What a great news story...well done Liam you are an amazing young man. Well done Manly, way to launch our season!

8. Fairy Bower

Fairy Bower Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Yeah....lovely stuff and great pics.