Lets look to the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Everyone has Jade Anderson and Tevita Funa in the top grade next year but neither are getting a crack at the moment which means they are way down the pecking order when you consider the injuries we have had.

They are not the answer
How do you know when they haven't been given a chance?

... also surprised Funa wasn't even mentioned in despatches ..... also do you know the status of that big rangey lock/2nd rower from the 20's last year ... #11 in the final .... think he got injured early preseason??
Do you mean (Guaca)mole?
I think he has been injured but Smokin' Joe seems to know about such matters.

Do you mean (Guaca)mole?
I think he has been injured but Smokin' Joe seems to know about such matters.
It was mentioned just after the start of the season that an injury had ruled him out for the remainder of the season . One of those young promising players who gives every indication that they could go on for much better things . Should be some genuine concerns with Siro being a bit injury prone and Lane leaving will be a major loss so a bit of ability and depth in the back row should be given some priority . Notice that Tanga has been re signed for next season and of course could be considered quite effective as a useful back rower also . Sipley seems to also have something more to offer and with Marty , A F B and Paseka and also Tanga may provide enough to cover the prop stocks . Certainly hope that young back rower Olka can completely recover and step up to a i st grade level and can be part of that group of the 20 "s premiership side from last year that can hopefully go on to be an integral part of very competitive Manly i st grade sides in the not too distant future .

Tom , jake , Dce , Marty , Walker , Kelly , Thompson, Afb and Api to me are the only certainties for next year . Doesn't look to bad does it , to fill a few key positions but the cap is our problem and keeps us restricted.

This is the whole problem and the point of this thread mate.

That core group of players are top shelf. You can probably throw Paseka and Tanginoa in there too as they have been going well. The rest are reserve reserve graders. The players that come in to cover injury are just not up to it.

I reckon we should sign this kid, he'd be hard to tackle.
Nation’s Junior Footy Coaches Proven Wrong After U12s Player Successfully Runs Without Legs

run-without-legs.jpg

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | Contact

Aussie junior football coaches from both codes of rugby were left rather embarrassed over the weekend, after a bizarre, almost supernatural, phenomena took place during an under 12s football match between the Bedourie Bullants and the Windorah Wild Cats.

It was just after half-time in the mid-north Channel Country derby, when Bedourie Bullants U12s Blue fullback, Charlie Schifcofske, broke the line and scored a 40 metre runaway, despite having no legs.

It is believed that you could have heard a pin drop as players, coaches, parents, administrators and referees tried to reconcile what they had just seen.

The 11-year-old, who has previously only been able to hover at the same speed as a light jog, was very much running.

“I had no choice but to award the try” says referee, Bernard Hutton (17).

“It wasn’t like he was flying over the other players. He was still running at their height”

The news of Charlie’s hover-try has rattled junior coaches around the nation, as grassroots football clubs are now forced to remodel their coaching manuals to remove the age-old claim that ‘they can’t run without legs.

So more of the same next year i'm guessing??

Not one signing of note for next year so far. Is this likely to change??

We badly need depth in the outside backs. We need a decent 5/8. We need depth in the backrow and we need energy off the bench in the front row.

Forwards.

To me our strongest possible starting pack is as good as any in the competition. (Taupau, Koriasau. Fonua-Blake, Sironen, Thompson and Trebojevic). I could live with our current front row rotation if Kelepi stays fit and his motor gets a little bigger. Paseka seems to be coming along well. We're still 1 short though in my opinion. Our best 2nd rower this year is gone to Parra and Winterstein is depth at best. For me the Jury is out on Thompson. I wonder how he'd be going in a better pack?

Backs.

I'd be letting Taufua and Wright go wherever Uate is off too. That should free up some cash for a couple of decent young blokes. Parker is decent but to me is nothing more than depth. Walker and Kelly are a lock mat centre as long as we can keep them. Suli is a liability. His career will be littered with far more rocks than diamonds.

To me the keepers are

1 Trebojevic
3 Walker
4 Kelly
7. DCE
8. Tapau
9. Koriasau
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trebojevic

15 Paseka
16 Tanginoa

Where do the rest come from? What do you lot think?
Given our cap problems how do you intend to budget for a "top" class 5/8 plus wingers ? (I agree we need a winger)
If the NRL doesn't budge I think we can get by without laying out big $$$ for a 5/8
Walkz will continue improving (with Hodkos help) and transition as 5/8 into next year
(that's my take on it)
Suli and Kelly just need to remember how well they did when we beat Broncos, Storm and Panthers and we have the centres covered.
Which leaves a spot for a winger ....preferably big fast fijian.
Our forwards are competitive enough so we are good to go.

We have had a number of years of clean outs. Had a 20's team make a gf and kept just one player Turbo. Our club is built on ' who did we we want to retain who is actually better else where?'

We need our kids and young blokes we invested serious time into back. Gutherson. Chee Kam. Ramien. Garner. Bainbridge. Hynes. They're all guys who should have never have left I want back.

Nation’s Junior Footy Coaches Proven Wrong After U12s Player Successfully Runs Without Legs

run-without-legs.jpg

Aussie junior football coaches from both codes of rugby were left rather embarrassed over the weekend, after a bizarre, almost supernatural, phenomena took place during an under 12s football match between the Bedourie Bullants and the Windorah Wild Cats.

It was just after half-time in the mid-north Channel Country derby, when Bedourie Bullants U12s Blue fullback, Charlie Schifcofske, broke the line and scored a 40 metre runaway, despite having no legs.

It is believed that you could have heard a pin drop as players, coaches, parents, administrators and referees tried to reconcile what they had just seen.

The 11-year-old, who has previously only been able to hover at the same speed as a light jog, was very much running.

“It wasn’t like he was flying over the other players. He was still running at their height”

The news of Charlie’s hover-try has rattled junior coaches around the nation, as grassroots football clubs are now forced to remodel their coaching manuals to remove the age-old claim that ‘they can’t run without legs.
Legs eleven.

run-without-legs.jpg

That removes the cannon ball tackle

Everyone has Jade Anderson and Tevita Funa in the top grade next year but neither are getting a crack at the moment which means they are way down the pecking order when you consider the injuries we have had.

2. Taufua
3. Kelly
4. Walker
5. Uate

Suli
Parker
Wright
Wright
Funa
Anderson

They are not the answer

Funa is in the 30 but has been out injured for a lengthy period. Has only been back in the past few weeks. Anderson is not in the 30 so he couldn't be given an opportunity in first grade. Both should be in the 30 next year. Like tom Wright and Suli, they are feeling their way up the ranks but each has a solid chance of a spot next year at some stage. I think Anderson will get a wing spot fairly early, Wright, Suli and Funa will be fighting it out for wing and centre spots with Walker and Kelly, though either Kelly or Walker may end up at 5/8. I'm hoping Parker is trained over the off season as a potential backrower/back bench player. The young players will be better next year. They are all very young.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10