1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets keep NEWS (the bastards) honest.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Jan 25, 2012.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    [/font]Dan can we have a forum where we keep tally of every NEWS LTD story about or involving Manly that turns out to be wrong or uses mis-information throught the season. Between all of us we usually catch all of their mis-truths. I got sick of their dribble more than usual last year and I'm sure it won't stop this year. As they all read this site it could be a mirror for them to look into and see their lack of media integrity and values. It could be extended to all media.

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    The same applies to the NRL!

http://www.nrl.com/why-the-storm-will-be-a-force-in-2012/tabid/10874/newsid/65690/default.aspx

The NRL claims that Manly doesn't have a better record than Melbourne over the past decade. Can you believe that? Even the Soviets and Yanks don't re-write history like that.

"This year marks coach Craig Bellamy’s 10th year at the helm of the Melbourne Storm – and salary cap dramas aside, no club has notched a better record over the past decade."

Manly:
    Premiers 2008
    World Club Champions 2009
    Premiers 2011
    Play-off for World Club Champions 2012 coming up

Melbourne:
    Zip

3. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,815 / 53
    Not sure if the servers would have the capacity for that...

4. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Absurd. Making out like the salary cap rort was a minor contribution to Melbourne's success.

5. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Salary cap aside and Manly would have been Premiers in 07 and minor premiers in 07/08.

6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    What success?

7. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,531 / 32
    And who's Cess?

8. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    And why is Cess deserving?

9. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    Ben Johnson was dominant in the 88 Olympics. But that is not how he is remembered. Melbourne should be remembered the same

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Melbourne is a dark damp dank place. The name of the bloke your looking for is Cess Pool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Weird that they state the cause of their record but then dismiss it as an irrelevent point.

12. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,764 / 72
    Look at the owners

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    There is already a permanent record of speculative and unfounded rumour masquerading as journalism. It's a weekly column called "The Last Word" by Danny Wierdler

14. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Reds me of the bloke who walked past a sign that said "Climb the ladder to success!" So he climbed the ladder and when he got to the top there was another bloke standing there on a balcony. So the first one asked the second one who he was and the latter replied, "I'm Cess."

15. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0

16. The Bagman

The Bagman Living in Cairns

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    OK I replied to them. How's this?

"I'm pretty disappointed in the article on your website relating to why the Storm could be a success in 2012. It states that "This year marks coach Craig Bellamy’s 10th year at the helm of the Melbourne Storm – and salary cap dramas aside, no club has notched a better record over the past decade". I dare say that the years the Storm cheated the salary cap should not be so flippantly ignored. I am quite disgusted that you have given them credit for cheating, and am bewildered that the Storm players who signed deceitful contracts in that time have not been made to show cause. Moreover, I am horrified that the person who seems to have the fast passage to the Australian captaincy has not been made to explain his actions surrounding contract signing during this grubby period in NRL history."

17. DYEagle

DYEagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 4
    I dont read The Telegraph anymore. Stick with SMH, they have run with a number of relevant and positive articles about Manly of late.