Let's get it on: Toovs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
THE Sea Eagles have arrived home from England declaring they will overcome their horror schedule and be rearing to go in the first-round NRL clash against the Warriors.

Read the full article

Tooves shouldn't be making comments like “The side virtually picks itself, apart from a couple of blokes on the fringes,” . He should be saying all players need to earn your stripes.

I think we will get the warriors. There poor pack is depleted, lillyman, luck and the rapira brothers all out injuried.

Rd 2 will be the test. If I was tooves I would be cutting out all these articles righting us off and have them stuck everywhere.

swoop said:
The coach was disappointed with the result at Headingley but not with the effort of the players.

Agree with this. Stoked with the effort to fight back into the contest when the easy option was to roll over.

swoop said:
Rugby League

21 Feb 12 @ 03:12pm by Jon Geddes

THE Sea Eagles have arrived home from England declaring they will overcome their horror schedule and be rearing to go in the first-round NRL clash against the Warriors.

The team touched down at Sydney Airport early yesterday after the long flight following their 26-12 World Club Challenge loss to Leeds.

They have to regroup before travelling to New Zealand to play the Warriors, their 2011 grand final opponent, at Eden Park on Sunday week.

Coach Geoff Toovey is well aware of what is ahead but remains upbeat and ready for the challenge.

“The NRL is the toughest comp in the world with 26 rounds of hard football and it starts next weekend,” Toovey said.

“This week is difficult, having been on the plane for two days. We’ll start training later on this week and prepare ourselves for the big trip away against the Warriors.

“The good thing was that no one was injured and there were no severe bumps or bruises.

“They’re probably just a bit tired but, other than that, the boys should be fighting fit for round one.”

Toovey said while the side lost to Leeds, it was just the hit-out they needed in preparation for the start of the premiership.

“It was a tough game and will stand the team in good stead for the Warriors game,” Toovey said. He said Leeds fielded a big, mobile pack, much like the Warriors.

“They (the Warriors) have always had a big, solid, physical forward pack and they are complemented now by some very quick outside backs as well,” Toovey said.

The coach was disappointed with the result at Headingley but not with the effort of the players.

“There were some uncharacteristic mistakes made but, other than that, the boys really tried hard,” he said. Toovey is close to finalising his squad for the Warriors game. “The side virtually picks itself, apart from a couple of blokes on the fringes,” he said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/lets-get-it-on-toovs/

Tooves shouldn't be making comments like “The side virtually picks itself, apart from a couple of blokes on the fringes,” . He should be saying all players need to earn your stripes.

Congratulations, that is the first post on this site criticising the new coach (well the first I noticed anyway). The first of thousands, judging by previous tendencies.

And you call yourself a detective?

"Tooves shouldn't be making comments like “The side virtually picks itself, apart from a couple of blokes on the fringes,” . He should be saying all players need to earn your stripes."

Might not exactly be calling for his head but that is criticism is it not? :angel:

Which is not to say I disagree entirely with the sentiment. But we are the premiers, so to say the team is settled to start the new season is merely calling a spade a spade. Refreshing candour from Tooves, in fact.

I think we over read statements because in the Des era if he said he needed to poo it meant something entirely different like he needed to release several players onto the open market or something stupid like that. Des the master of mindgames.

Tooves is right... The side for round 1 does virtually pick itself. Toovey doesn't say the side for the rest of the year picks itself. It's just for round 1 and he is spot on.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
And you call yourself a detective?

"Tooves shouldn't be making comments like “The side virtually picks itself, apart from a couple of blokes on the fringes,” . He should be saying all players need to earn your stripes."

Might not exactly be calling for his head but that is criticism is it not? :angel:

Which is not to say I disagree entirely with the sentiment. But we are the premiers, so to say the team is settled to start the new season is merely calling a spade a spade. Refreshing candour from Tooves, in fact.

I said it as constuctive criticism. BTW I back Tooves 100%.

conanu said:
in the Des era if he said he needed to poo it meant something entirely different

And the shameful thing is i used to believe him when he said he was off to the dunny. Obviously he took his laptop with him and wrote many emails there.

In Des' defence Jatz he didn't lie about going to the dunny. He said he was off to the sh!thole and he went to Belmore.

MadMarcus said:
In Des' defence Jatz he didn't lie about going to the dunny. He said he was off to the sh!thole and he went to Belmore.

So thats what he meant when he came out of the loo and mumbled something about a green turd.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8