Let's get behind our mighty club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
I get it, we have struggled for near a decade, a club and fan base so occustomed to winning and just when we sit helplessly watching our failures we had hope that Bozo and his family had our back recruiting young talent from anywhere we could and they did.

As fans we sat back watching in hope as they matured, many came on to play first grade and succeed others didn't but our current squad still reaps the reward from Bozo and his vision.

We have to remember the club has stuck solid with these talents all in the hope that they grow into not only great footballers but good men, but there comes a time when the club has to draw a line and make a move regardless of how hard that may look, especially to its fans.

The issue that nobody possibly saw was that the majority of this young talent had the same management possibly through family ties but also through the very friendship that the Fulton's had with their manager, as long as the Fulton's and their manager where happy with the club these players would be Manly.

What we didn't see was when that relationship was fractured the player manager would quickly put pressure on the club to favour his players and his pocket knowing full well the time effort and money the club had already invested would be a major hurdle to the club not agreeing to terms that the manager put to them, not to mention the pressure we as fans would heap onto our own club management.

Enter our new CEO and he sees this very early on and starts the clean out that leads to a domino effect to where we are now, knowing this will hurt the club, anger the fans but there's no gain without pain and Mestrov had to make the move, make these hard decisions, that's what leaders do.

What we are possibly not seeing is just how smart and shrewd he is, I'm sure he had a plan on how far he would let that manager push the club, his extended the players he felt the club needed and then started cleansing the club of the power that manager and the Fulton's had.

We now start to rebuild under his watch, i believe Mestrov may go down as one of the best CEOs the club has ever had, he makes the tough calls with a plan.

You're either onboard or you're out the door.. no player and definitely no player agent or recruitment officer is bigger than the club. Lets hold on tight and ride through the pain with the club as they want success as much as we do.... it's their job!
If players don't want to be here.
Goodbye
If fans don't want to support us.
Goodbye
We are Manly and we will be back

Last edited:
I get it, we have struggled for near a decade, a club and fan base so occustomed to winning and just when we sit helplessly watching our failures we had hope that Bozo and his family had our back recruiting young talent from anywhere we could and they did.

As fans we sat back watching in hope as they matured, many came on to play first grade and succeed others didn't but our current squad still reaps the reward from Bozo and his vision.

We have to remember the club has stuck solid with these talents all in the hope that they grow into not only great footballers but good men, but there comes a time when the club has to draw a line and make a move regardless of how hard that may look, especially to its fans.

The issue that nobody possibly saw was that the majority of this young talent had the same management possibly through family ties but also through the very friendship that the Fulton's had with their manager, as long as the Fulton's and their manager where happy with the club these players would be Manly.

What we didn't see was when that relationship was fractured the player manager would quickly put pressure on the club to favour his players and his pocket knowing full well the time effort and money the club had already invested would be a major hurdle to the club not agreeing to terms that the manager put to them, not to mention the pressure we as fans would heap onto our own club management.

Enter our new CEO and he sees this very early on and starts the clean out that leads to a domino effect to where we are now, knowing this will hurt the club, anger the fans but there's no gain without pain and Mestrov had to make the move, make these hard decisions, that's what leaders do.

What we are possibly not seeing is just how smart and shrewd he is, I'm sure he had a plan on how far he would let that manager push the club, his extended the players he felt the club needed and then started cleansing the club of the power that manager and the Fulton's had.

We now start to rebuild under his watch, i believe Mestrov may go down as one of the best CEOs the club has ever had, he makes the tough calls with a plan.

You're either onboard or you're out the door.. no player and definitely no player agent or recruitment officer is bigger than the club. Lets hold on tight and ride through the pain with the club as they want success as much as we do.... it's their job!
If players don't want to be here.
Goodbye
If fans don't want to support us.
Goodbye
We are Manly and we will be back
Im happy to see the cleanse of dominant managers.. yet Maestrov seems to be giving Moses all the power now and all we seem to be signing are his duds.

I will always get behind our club. Thick and thin.
That's the issue, isn't it. We love this club much more than 90% of the players we cheer for. They are just footballing guns for hire. It helps explain why our performances are so up and down. Unlike Penrith, who can have six of their best players out yet still guts out a win, many of our guys just go through the motions. They aren't playing for one another, have no line speed and are not invested in our once mighty club.
I'm undecided if I'll attend the upcoming match at Brookie. It's not that I'm not keen to attend it's more the fact that I don't have any black-and-gold supporters gear to wear.

Im happy to see the cleanse of dominant managers.. yet Maestrov seems to be giving Moses all the power now and all we seem to be signing are his duds.
Moses is in control of the Ten Commandments.
The first one, I understand, is: Never let Trent Barrett anywhere near your club.
No. 7 is: Maroon is the new black.

If these new players are all Isaac Moses then Penn Mestrov and Seibold can take a long walk off a short pier

This will absolutely **** us just like it did the Tigers and just like it did Brisbane

If these new players are all Isaac Moses then Penn Mestrov and Seibold can take a long walk off a short pier

This will absolutely **** us just like it did the Tigers and just like it did Brisbane
Yet some fans are celebrating as if the departure of Tartak's clients is some sort of victory where it's only a case of replacing one player manager with another.

Only one big difference...Tartak's clients are much higher quality and younger.

If Im correct, GCKT is another Tartak client...so it wouldnt surprise me if him and Ola leave Manly as well.

We are a cooked club.

I have followed Manly since 1969 and have not felt as bad about this club since the Northern Eagles debacle.
At least we bought players like Matt Orford, Steven Bell, Jamie Lyon, Brent Kite, Ben Kennedy to help turnaround the team, as well as integrating exciting youngsters like the Stewart brothers, Watmoug etc.
Now all we do is sign players from the wooden spooners, and offload the young talent we have spent years developing, some who are now ripe to introduce into first grade.
I will keep an eye on the club in the coming years, but cannot see anything but downside with these signings, on top of another coach who seems like another non-Manly man that will go by the wayside.
Hard to imagine we played a GF 10 years ago, and been in a few finals since, but really over the Penn era and how unManly we are now.

You're either onboard or you're out the door.
Good post!

And while I agree of course many player managers are unscrupulous and manipulate naive players, the other point is that they have no effect unless their players have no problem putting demands to their club even during a current contract.

From the player point of view - I can't really blame them. A playing career is short and for many families, having a son who is a successful NRL player can mean a life-changing benefit to the entire extended family's quality of life.

From the club's point of view though, signing too many players with that attitude is a path to disaster. So if indeed the current ructions are a sign the club is drawing a line in the sand, hip hooray. May be some short term pain but that is better than heading for total disaster.

Last edited:
Good post!

And while I agree of course many player managers are unscrupulous and manipulate naive players, the other point is that they have no effect unless their players have no problem putting demands to their club even during a current contract.

From the player point of view - I can't really blame them. A playing career is short and for many families, having a son who is a successful NRL player can mean a life-changing benefit to the entire extended family's quality of life.

From the club's point of view though, signing too many players with that attitude is a path to disaster. So if indeed the current ructions are a sign the club is drawing a line in the sand, hip hooray. May be some short term pain but that is better than heading for total disaster.
I think its why having a good coach is important as well.
Players that play under Bennett, Bellamy, Hasler would be more likely to play for a bit less if it meant a high likely hood of winning a ring.
With Seibold at the club, players will come here for a big paycheck not because they think they are a chance of winning a premiership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8