• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Just found an old newspaper photo of Les Boyd when he played for Cootamundra
4DC99A58-8C83-4692-8E9D-4A0011B8937D.jpeg

what I would give to have a Les Boyd and a Terry Randall in this years team. The opposition who ever they may be would **** themselves when confronted by them in defence.
The thing is Les would play just a couple of games, then he'd get suspended for a year, then return and play a couple more games and then get suspended for another year.

The thing is Les would play just a couple of games, then he'd get suspended for a year, then return and play a couple more games and then get suspended for another year.
He wasn’t worth the effort.

What did we get out of stripping Boyd, Brown and Dorahy from Wests’ ranks? Certainly not another premiership, just years of opprobrium from the media and supporters of other clubs.

what I would give to have a Les Boyd and a Terry Randall in this years team. The opposition who ever they may be would **** themselves when confronted by them in defence.
I reckon Guaca could be the mongrel and enforcer we need.
Keppie is trying but seems more like a Darcy Lussick than Les Boyd

What did we get out of stripping Boyd, Brown and Dorahy from Wests’ ranks? Certainly not another premiership, just years of opprobrium from the media and supporters of other clubs.
An awesome reserve grade team.

brown making the Kangaroo squad from Reggies will never happen again.

An awesome reserve grade team.

brown making the Kangaroo squad from Reggies will never happen again.
Brown was the starting hooker for Manly in the 1982 GF.

That awesome reserve grade team didn’t win another title until 1988. They were runners’ up in 1983 and 1987.

Brown was the last of those three to leave Manly - in 1986.

Joe Cool was the only dud of the 3, due to being injured the whole time, and did better later for Norths and Illawarra.

I think Boyd was good, but the judiciary rubbed him out (probably fair enough).

Ray Brown was definitely worth it, he was very good for quite a few years.

I also regularly point out to Wests fans that the 3 of them weren't even Wests juniors! They were country boys very happy to come to Manly.

At different stages they all played some very good football for Manly.

Not enough however to help win another title in the 1980-86 timeframe - the period that Brown spent at the club, the longest serving in a Manly jumper.

Exactly right Terry, although I had to look up what opprobrium means

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8