Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree. Thanks everyone (especially Wheel).

Can I ask though, Lyall claimed in an email to wheel that we'd be happy with some of the wins they were going to announce at this meeting.

What are we actually more wiser about, or closer to than we were months ago when these same projections were advised?

Actually seems like we've gone well and truly backwards on various fronts.

X Appeal failed
X Lost our coach (quit)
X No replacement coach
X No list manager
X Plans for Brooky prepared (again)
X Membership / GameDay review "underway"
X 0 staffing hires
X 0 new players announced
X 0 resignings announced
X 0 defnitive timelines for these things
X Media reports already tearing us apart last night over Barrett / Penn disaster
X Gorman still as cryptic as ever with communication

Etc, etc, etc.

Are we not in a worse position? Seems like a complete laugh to me. Or maybe we are well and truly informed, and I'm reading it wrong.

My question is who was the poster that asked did they club monitor Silvertails??
That was me. It was prompted by Lyle stating that they were keen to hear from members.
What better way to stay abreast of members' concerns, and suggestions, than reading Silvertails?
Lyle is very smooth. If he is as good behind the scenes as he is at face value then the club does look to me to have a future.

My question is who was the poster that asked did they club monitor Silvertails??

Funny that we got a mention but as I’ve been saying for years the club , and some players certainly frequented the website when I was close to the club.

I remember one of the players saying to me in Leeds on one of the WCC tours saying “ you got a YART for the game yet Mark”, yes no doubt about @Ryan he’s a famous dude!!

I agree. Thanks everyone (especially Wheel).

Can I ask though, Lyall claimed in an email to wheel that we'd be happy with some of the wins they were going to announce at this meeting.

What are we actually more wiser about, or closer to than we were months ago when these same projections were advised?

Actually seems like we've gone well and truly backwards on various fronts.

X Appeal failed
X Lost our coach (quit)
X No replacement coach
X No list manager
X Plans for Brooky prepared (again)
X Membership / GameDay review "underway"
X 0 staffing hires
X 0 new players announced
X 0 resignings announced
X 0 defnitive timelines for these things
X Media reports already tearing us apart last night over Barrett / Penn disaster
X Gorman still as cryptic as ever with communication

Etc, etc, etc.

Are we not in a worse position? Seems like a complete laugh to me. Or maybe we are well and truly informed, and I'm reading it wrong.
Basically he said (and don't laugh) that much more would be revealed next week.
I'd like to believe him that there is a lot happening and that the meeting occurred a little too early to announce specifics.
I do get the feeling that there has been a thawing in the relationship with TB and that he will still be playing a role in the club next season.

Funny that we got a mention but as I’ve been saying for years the club , and some players certainly frequented the website when I was close to the club.

I remember one of the players saying to me in Leeds on one of the WCC tours saying “ you got a YART for the game yet Mark”, yes no doubt about @Ryan he’s a famous dude!!
I know the Arthurson clan. Maybe that's why. Had lunch with Mark (Ken's son) only last month up the Skiff Club in Manly.

That was me. It was prompted by Lyle stating that they were keen to hear from members.
What better way to stay abreast of members' concerns, and suggestions, than reading Silvertails?
Lyle is very smooth. If he is as good behind the scenes as he is at face value then the club does look to me to have a future.

I think Silvertails would be the best place to come as it’s all dedicated Manly fans.

The trouble with Facebook is it’s a mixture of everyone.

No better place to get a wide ranging look at the feelings of fans than right here.

Although we are very good at conspiracy theories!!

Wow is that true? if so that is a worry.
I know right. If I was Gorman, everyone would have been at the club last night to show solidarity. Should have been compulsory for Sea Eagles employees.

Seems an obvious demand to have...but this is The Sea Eagles we are talking about.

On the day we are trying to sell balance, harmony and a one club approach, Cartwright is crying at a Panthers function, rewarding their backrower for an amazing season.

Not the brightest sparks going around.

I know right. If I was Gorman, everyone would have been at the club last night to show solidarity. Should have been compulsory for Sea Eagles employees.

Seems an obvious demand to have...but this is The Sea Eagles we are talking about.

On the day we are trying to sell balance, harmony and a one club approach, Cartwright is crying at a Panthers function, rewarding their backrower for an amazing season.

Not the brightest sparks going around.
I disagree.

That would be a very long standing appointment AND it’s their holiday period, ie he , Twenty and the football department are all on leave.

I can’t see that this is an issue.

In a nutshell, the success of the night is that I felt the fans were heard. Not “politician heard” but understood, and seemingly they are interested. I also felt like Penn wants what the fans want: to win more, to keep Manly DNA and to stay at Brooky. Maybe he won’t get what he wants, maybe he will have a stoush with Gorman, or NB council’s mayor or Abbott and pride will decide what actually unfolds, but he’s one of us. Just rich.

I didn’t expect any announcements (hadn’t heard about the Wheel’s email from LG). Announcements are totally reliant on timing now. They said when you make an offer to a player you must also simultaneously disclose that to the NRL. So as well as the club, player and player manager you now have the NRL informed. Of course there will be rumours and leaks as a result. Therefore, any announcements will be knee jerk ones, trying to beat the rumour mill. So it was no surprise they had no crumbs for the members to be told.

Lyall made the point that there is now 7 day content on the NRL and that content will be created either from fact or otherwise. “Don’t be seduced by the media” said Gorman. That is, make up your own mind and stay faithful to the club. They promised to make more statements although I think that by doing that they will attract more criticism from fans. For example, yesterday’s press release about Barrett didn’t say much except that the club noticed and that there is no announcement yet. I’d prefer that than silence. Penn and Gorman seemed pretty beaten up by the media storm - Gorman said his year was derailed by the salary cap issue which has been distracting from other business being completed.

Penn said there were 2 factors on low crowd numbers:

- to attract funding the club has been talking Brooky down but the fact is it is a loved ground in an “adequate” condition. People like it. It’s time to stop bagging it; work is being done, plans are in place. People still like coming as it is though.

- we expect to win. Win again and people will flock back

I disagree.

That would be a very long standing appointment AND it’s their holiday period, ie he , Twenty and the football department are all on leave.

I can’t see that this is an issue.

You reckon guys like Bennett / Bellamy would be giving awards out at opposition clubs, while employed for their own?

This scrub is likely going to be our head coach.

He's applied (and failed to make an interview) for The Titans, Panthers and NSW Origin gig in the past 18 months.

He doesn't want to be here, and I don't begrudge him that. He just needs to be washed clean. His drinking habits with the players (I've personally seen it), is an unhealthy behaviour.

Mate, there are many, many others who would have been equally (actually MORE) appropriate to give out their backrower of the year award.

He presented the Merv Cartwright Medal (Penrith Player of the Year), rather than Backrower of the year mate. I'm almost certain John presents it on behalf of his father every year. I don't see much of an issue with this.

He presented the Merv Cartwright Medal (Penrith Player of the Year), rather than Backrower of the year mate. I'm almost certain John presents iit on behalf of his father every year. I don't see much of an issue with this.
What did Brett Stewart say those years ago when Tony Williams and Des Hasler left for the Bulldogs?

"Be Manly, don't be a dooorg".

Sorry, that's the attitude and culture I respect.

**** Cartwright. If he was serious about a coaching job (head of), he needed to be at that meeting last night, answering questions and showing 100% commitment.

I'm sure Gould could have found a ready replacement.

You reckon guys like Bennett / Bellamy would be giving awards out at opposition clubs, while employed for their own?

This scrub is likely going to be our head coach.

He's applied (and failed to make an interview) for The Titans, Panthers and NSW Origin gig in the past 18 months.

He doesn't want to be here, and I don't begrudge him that. He just needs to be washed clean. His drinking habits with the players (I've personally seen it), is an unhealthy behaviour.

I get your side BUT it’s his father’s medal, and he’s on leave.

He’s entitled to do what he wants on his holidays.

As to Bellamy / Bennett .......I think if their father’s were a major part of a particular club and the annual awards night was named in their honour that yes they would attend BUT only if it was in an off season period.

Don’t worry I haven’t gone soft on Cartwrong, but I do believe he’s entitled on his annual holidays to do what he wants!!

I get your side BUT it’s his father’s medal, and he’s on leave.

He’s entitled to do what he wants on his holidays.

As to Bellamy / Bennett .......I think if their father’s were a major part of a particular club and the annual awards night was named in their honour that yes they would attend BUT only if it was in an off season period.

Don’t worry I haven’t gone soft on Cartwrong, but I do believe he’s entitled on his annual holidays to do what he wants!!

We'll have to disagree on this one mate. It's about perception, professionalism, culture & those other things for mine, mate.

The whole Cartwright clan are associated with Penrith (even though their club has tried to cut ties with the coaches / players with that surname).

They won't even entertain a sit down with good old John. They'd rather an L plate Ciraldo.

Anyways, I'm sure he enjoyed quite a few beers with them all at the club, while Gorman and Penn were trying to save face at ours.

In terms of what was said in the email I have copy a direct quote in another thread.

Ryan - all the club staff were there last night (with exception of key coaching staff - on leave and probably for obvious reasons) it wasn’t compulsory but all came without having to be asked. The GM football John Bonsara was there.

One thing I should also mention is that we should be quite proud of the way everyone conducted themselves. People were respected and questions were asked on a respectful manner. The meeting had the potential to be an absolute **** fight and I reckon in a similar position many other club forums would have turned out that way. Well done Manly members!

Ryan seriously ring up the club and have your say and ask - rather than making assumptions etc

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8