Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
T

that actually sums it up pretty well, a few points I can add are;

The club monitors all social media including ST in particular to gauge sentiment. Wayne in particular enjoys reading Ryan and Marks posts! ;-)

The coaching situation is covered above but it was mentioned that they hoped to have it sorted by tonight but wasn’t to be. Lyall met with Trent this morning and discussions are ongoing. It should be sorted soon.

Lyall now attends Football club board meetings and will be at AGM in December. My take a moment ch better relationship in place.

Scott guaranteed and it was approved by the board that all required investment is available to support to club in 2019. In other words funding is committed.

Other key appointments will be made in near future- this was in relation to Recruitment Manager.

Albert Hopoate will be onboard next year - along with a few other key juniors.

Don’t expect any big names coming our way next year.

Salary cap issue- Greenturd has now changed the rules to allow what we got pinged for to be legal. We never paid one cent to a player that wasn’t declared. Still not happy but we need to move on.

Good news coming hopefully re Lottoland and Centre of Excellence- meeting with Senior State government officials last week, $35m project to provide this as well as 3000 seats at Northern end.

Working with relevant stakeholders for rest of ground. This time the option being discussed is feasible - a mix of private/public investment. Watch this space in approximately 3 months.

Other topics;

Prices and quality of food
Ticket prices and membership packages will be more affordable
Why ex players eg Stewart’s are involved
The chairs and cleaning the gym
Culture among staff
Nothing was off the table - some questions around contracts etc were not directly answered for obvious reasons but most questions were answered.

In short Scott isn’t selling and is stumping up the cash. Coaching will be sorted very soon and the vibe I got is it will be a satisfactory outcome for members with some Manly flavor. Hoping for Lottoland announcement in coming weeks. Expect depth signings only no big names.

PS no sausage rolls nor sandwiches were provided
Thanks for sharing. So am guessing josh schuster be aboard too. Albert turning 18 next season i think

I have been critical of the Penn's but as I've said we don't have an alternative.
However it's good to see they are getting the need for transparency and action.
We need a new coach who can work our younger players towards becoming 1st graders. Someone who can improve a young squad mixed with some old heads.
Because we can't sign any big names thanks to the dog who is Greenberg.
Obviously we f*cked up at some point but the slime and the dogs immediately get to improve their squads we do not.
Anyway onwards and upwards.

Hi all,

I attended tonight and to be honest felt pretty grim walking in expecting an ugly scene at some point.

I’ve left pretty optimistic that the guys at the top at least can recognise and articulate what members want. I still feel the dollar will make the final decision at some juncture, disappointing fans; but there is a lot of hope.

Those who reported above are accurate. The report from Facebook which was reposted had the tone that things like Marty Taupau and Matt Ballin were definites, but I didn’t get the same impression. I think some appointments will rely on other pieces being in place which may or may not happen (Scott Penn referred to an excel file Des used to have with about 150 tabs, each one reflecting a different possible scenario of which players were bought at what price and what the consequences of that purchase would be. I think this is the case now with coaching and some retention).

To the meeting. I read Scott Penn as a “Bruce Wayne” character. Idealistic, confident, and willing enough to be open which surprised me. Lyall Gorman was a kind of country politician. Diplomatic and had a prepared response for everything but delivered it with genuiness and good humour.

To add to the points already reported, Penn has plan A (Centre of Excellence and 3000 new seats, I’m guessing in front of the hill) loaded ready to fire. It requires State and Council approval and $35m in funding, $22m of which is already promised. Jean Hay spoke and assured us that Abbott is kept to his promise and wants to deliver. Plan B follows A and is more grand and may not be achieved but is more realistic than several of the many previous plans (he acknowledged it’s been a drawn out process with lots of kites being flown). Plan B is what he described as a new “Boutique Stadium” seating 15k plus, funded by State, Council and private money. It will include a “lower” -rise residential development of about 10 storeys and will include community space, apartments, a sporting ground and will generally give Brookvale a wow factor. Make it a local hub.

Penn said there is a shortage of quality stadiums in NSW of that size and that there’s a strong argument to have it as an asset for things like Soccer World Cup bids. But it’s still only a dream.

Lyall spoke well about repricing tickets and membership and putting out a tender for a new ticket partner to avoid price gouging and long queues.

Gorman wouldn’t address personnel issues about individuals but spoke in general terms. “Read between the lines” stuff.

A big plus was the commitment to Brookvale. Also the recognition of former players (Max Krilich was there as a member and was referred to with respect several times).

Lots of little tidbits were mentioned that will come back to me over time. It was good to see these people operating and I would say it’s the best value I’ve had for my membership dollar in at least 3 years!

Thanks for letting us all know much appreciated ! Did anyone there get the vibe that they will be signing John Cartwright as coach ?

Do we move more games to Gosford (instead of Suncorp and Christchurch), and play a few less games at Brookie (which is better than Leichardt)
Hell, we could always E-X-P-A-N-D and become the Manly Central Coast Sea Eagles putting pressure on Rothtools sharks to move to Perth?
Just thinking, it has gotta be better than playing at Alliance SFS even after it is rebuilt
Why has Greenturd got it into his head to play all games out of three high capacity stadiums which give stuff all atmosphere with even 15K people in them
Because Greenturd is trying to emulate the AFL in Victoria where crowds of 50, 000 plus are common, however he's fighting alosing battle here as rugby league crowds have always been poor when compared to AFL, it's a different mindset down there

T

that actually sums it up pretty well, a few points I can add are;

The club monitors all social media including ST in particular to gauge sentiment. Wayne in particular enjoys reading Ryan and Marks posts! ;-)

The coaching situation is covered above but it was mentioned that they hoped to have it sorted by tonight but wasn’t to be. Lyall met with Trent this morning and discussions are ongoing. It should be sorted soon.

Lyall now attends Football club board meetings and will be at AGM in December. My take a moment ch better relationship in place.

Scott guaranteed and it was approved by the board that all required investment is available to support to club in 2019. In other words funding is committed.

Other key appointments will be made in near future- this was in relation to Recruitment Manager.

Albert Hopoate will be onboard next year - along with a few other key juniors.

Don’t expect any big names coming our way next year.

Salary cap issue- Greenturd has now changed the rules to allow what we got pinged for to be legal. We never paid one cent to a player that wasn’t declared. Still not happy but we need to move on.

Good news coming hopefully re Lottoland and Centre of Excellence- meeting with Senior State government officials last week, $35m project to provide this as well as 3000 seats at Northern end.

Working with relevant stakeholders for rest of ground. This time the option being discussed is feasible - a mix of private/public investment. Watch this space in approximately 3 months.

Other topics;

Prices and quality of food
Ticket prices and membership packages will be more affordable
Why ex players eg Stewart’s are involved
The chairs and cleaning the gym
Culture among staff
Nothing was off the table - some questions around contracts etc were not directly answered for obvious reasons but most questions were answered.

In short Scott isn’t selling and is stumping up the cash. Coaching will be sorted very soon and the vibe I got is it will be a satisfactory outcome for members with some Manly flavor. Hoping for Lottoland announcement in coming weeks. Expect depth signings only no big names.

PS no sausage rolls nor sandwiches were provided
I have to ask. What was Scotty's response (explanation) for being chairless and not having a cleaner? He wasnt still looking over resumes and cateloges was he?

Re the Cartright coaching question, it concerned me that the line being repeated (& also in today’s press release) was “business continuity.” Cartright fits THAT bill but I feel like the pieces aren’t all in place yet (due to Barrett) so it may yet be another experienced coach.

The hope there was that we were told it’s a coaching appointment “I think you’ll be happy about”... but maybe they want us to be happy about Cartright. They hoped to announce it tonight but said it may he as soon as “a couple of days.”

Re taking games from Brooky, Lyall showed he knows the rules: “our constitution demands we play 10 games at Brookvale...we I mean Lottoland” (thanks Football Club!). Perth didn’t pay the dividends they were hoping so I expect we’ll continue to play a home match at Suncorp and the other in NZ, probably Christchurch still. They are exploring ways to make $$ within this structure. I think Gosford is history for us.

Another point, the crowd was generally older. Maybe those in the know will watch the video but it’s a concern that we aren’t attracting younger members. There was probably a 25/75 gender mix. Some under-30s but not many. I’m 45 and felt like a young one.

Because Greenturd is trying to emulate the AFL in Victoria where crowds of 50, 000 plus are common, however he's fighting alosing battle here as rugby league crowds have always been poor when compared to AFL, it's a different mindset down there

Not only do they have a different mindset there is about 7 of the Melbourne teams all within 10kms of each other and the CBD.
The MCG is an iconic venue and Etihad is there too, it’s like if we had a stadium at Darling Harbour.
Public transport isn’t an issue really either.
Greenturd and our Pollies are so out of touch that they think “if we build it they will come” when all we want is a boutique suburban ground that we relate to.

Good to know on an important Sea Eagles night, John Cartwright was at a Panthers awards night getting all emotional and choked up.

Panthers blood through and through. I don't begrudge him that, but it's where he should be employed.

Not Manly. He and Ferris are not Manly men.

The NEW Sydney Football Stadium!!

It’s Toddys “ Grand Plan” everyone to play out of three stadiums!!

Unfortunately, for a while now the NRL has looked on with great envy at the AFL model in Melbourne where all games are played at either the MCG or the Docklands. And they see the crowd numbers, and the money the AFL makes from the deal (especially considering that the AFL majority owns and is the venue manager for the Docklands) and they want that same model in Sydney with ANZ, the new stadium that is going to be built at Moore Park, and the new Western Sydney Stadium.

The problem is that league fans in Sydney are a far different breed to AFL fans in Melbourne. They prefer their suburban grounds, usually close enough to home. And also, Sydney isn't Melbourne where the public transport system actually caters to Melbourne Park where the MCG is and also the Docklands.

Conveniently meaning that anyone else who were doing it as well (i.e. the other 15 clubs) won't be investigated and punished.....just Manly.

Not only do they have a different mindset there is about 7 of the Melbourne teams all within 10kms of each other and the CBD.
The MCG is an iconic venue and Etihad is there too, it’s like if we had a stadium at Darling Harbour.
Public transport isn’t an issue really either.
Greenturd and our Pollies are so out of touch that they think “if we build it they will come” when all we want is a boutique suburban ground that we relate to.

Of the clubs in Melbourne (not counting Geelong), only Hawthorn who are based out at the old Waverly Park stadium (or what's left of it - just the oval and main grandstand which now houses the club offices and training facilities still remain) and St Kilda who are based in the southern suburbs down in Moorabbin but play their home games at the Docklands, are outside of a 10-15 KM radius of the CBD. And both the MCG and the Docklands are located close to the Melbourne CBD and both are easily accessible from there via public transport.

A very different picture to Sydney and where its NRL clubs are located.

Thanks @The Wheel , @Mitch , @Slide and others for re-capping the meeting. Much appreciated.

Special mention to @lsz , who at the start did his very best in deleting all the non-info posts so we didn't have to read through the (what I'll assume) was demountable style jokes at the start.

Also if , according to Mr Cousins, the best thing about ST is @Mark from Brisbane and Ryan's posts..... well...... I just hope Dan gets some of that centre of excellence money thrown his way! (el oh el)

To those who want to read the more important posts, you can go up to the right, click on search, type in the member's name whose posts you want to read in the space provided, click on search this thread only, and read away. So, if you're a middle + aged white man, you'll now be confused. You're welcome and good morning!

Also if , according to Mr Cousins, the best thing about ST is @Mark from Brisbane and Ryan's posts..... well...... I just hope Dan gets some of that centre of excellence money thrown his way! (el oh el)

This is a huge concern. I can’t believe prolific posters like you, me and @strone33 didn’t get a mention GE. Very disappointing from the club.

#sackwayne

3 questions.
1. Why are all the disgruntled posters now happy ,or should it be gruntled(seems like nothing changed) ?
2.Still !, What the ###K is a centre of excellence ? Cant we call it Brooky reno ?

I have to ask. What was Scotty's response (explanation) for being chairless and not having a cleaner? He wasnt still looking over resumes and cateloges was he?
He chose his words carefully but said the club also has volunteers helping - it was after the gym going renovated a few people got it ready and plus spare furniture was bought in. My take on that was there wasn’t a room with nothing in it it was as just a nice add. If he asked he would have got it - it just helped their narrative- Trent and his manager

Thanks for sharing. So am guessing josh schuster be aboard too. Albert turning 18 next season i think
His name wasn’t mentioned I don’t think but in general terms the club is building around key juniors

Another thing I should add is that Scott said re Narrabeen facilities is that most people who see are quite surprised how good it is and also they are doing some work on player facilities (sound like a locker room) / players will noticing a difference when they return on Nov 5.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8