Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting snippet for the tigers fan forum

The part about signing players from the western suburbs with no assessment of their character seems quite true as we are finding out I am sure teams like the panthers and parra know about the talented players but pass them over when they fail the character test

Not impressed by the Fainu's feeling that Manly didn't support Manase during the court case

Maybe they should blame Manase and not the club

However pre-origin was invited to attend a Sportsbet State of Origin dinner. Was seated next to long time Manly stalwart, premiership winner, NSW player etc. 10 beers deep and we chatted about a few things he had a bit of insider knowledge about:
  • As has been widely reported talk inside the Manly club is the Fainu‘s are coming to the Tigers. Of note he said there was friction with the club because the family didn’t feel like the club provided adequate support during Manase’s legal issues.
  • He said his impression and the majority of opinions shared with him indicate that Scott and Kristie Fulton were difficult personalities that don’t deserve the opportunities afforded to them. Said the Bozo Fulton was an incredible coach, but was a selfish operator and did everything he could to make sure his kids were looked after by the club.
  • He specifically agreed with what is written above, that being Scott Fulton is a big negative for our club. I pressed on this and he said all Scott does is go out to the Western Suburbs and sign up all the gangsters. When I asked him what he meant by gangsters, he said Scott only cares about talent and does not consider character, work ethic or anything other than how they rip up an under 15s tournament.
  • Schuster and both Fultons have had friction of the last two years and he can’t see Scott being a positive factor in his coming to the Tigers. Indicated his knowledge was that Josh Schuster was staying at Manly long term.

The part about signing players from the western suburbs with no assessment of their character seems quite true as we are finding out I am sure teams like the panthers and parra know about the talented players but pass them over when they fail the character test

Not impressed by the Fainu's feeling that Manly didn't support Manase during the court case

However pre-origin was invited to attend a Sportsbet State of Origin dinner. Was seated next to long time Manly stalwart, premiership winner, NSW player etc. 10 beers deep and we chatted about a few things he had a bit of insider knowledge about:
  • As has been widely reported talk inside the Manly club is the Fainu‘s are coming to the Tigers. Of note he said there was friction with the club because the family didn’t feel like the club provided adequate support during Manase’s legal issues.
  • He said his impression and the majority of opinions shared with him indicate that Scott and Kristie Fulton were difficult personalities that don’t deserve the opportunities afforded to them. Said the Bozo Fulton was an incredible coach, but was a selfish operator and did everything he could to make sure his kids were looked after by the club.
  • He specifically agreed with what is written above, that being Scott Fulton is a big negative for our club. I pressed on this and he said all Scott does is go out to the Western Suburbs and sign up all the gangsters. When I asked him what he meant by gangsters, he said Scott only cares about talent and does not consider character, work ethic or anything other than how they rip up an under 15s tournament.
  • Schuster and both Fultons have had friction of the last two years and he can’t see Scott being a positive factor in his coming to the Tigers. Indicated his knowledge was that Josh Schuster was staying at Manly long term.
Think there was plenty of friction between Kristie and Schuster

It's enough to make you want to tear your hair out.

One of the best up and coming hookers in the NRL playing for us. We release one the other best hookers in the NRL to give him his shot. He carries on like an absolute moron and ends up being credibly accused of a serious crime - leaving us down two top class hookers and poisoning the relationship with a whole family of talented footballers that the club had invested heavily in.

It just goes to show how important character is.

Chammas just said on Ch 9 that Latu and Talau swap deal happening. :eek:

More downgrading on talent. Awesome. Talau, right up there with Johns, Condon, Woods, Tuilagi.

Then again, if it means Tuipulotu is back to NSW Cup, I'm happy with that outcome.

1. Rueben Garrick
2. Jason Saab
3. Brad Parker
4. Tolu Koula
5. Tommy Talau

Is this it?

Isn't it funny, while Fulton was here all he would do is recruit tigers, now he is at the Tigers he is still giving us Tigers. I have a feeling it won't be the last one he gives us either

T
More downgrading on talent. Awesome. Talau, right up there with Johns, Condon, Woods, Tuilagi.

Then again, if it means Tuipulotu is back to NSW Cup, I'm happy with that outcome.

1. Rueben Garrick
2. Jason Saab
3. Brad Parker
4. Tolu Koula
5. Tommy Talau

Is this it?
Tommy talau is so sloowww.

T

Tommy talau is so sloowww.

So is Parker. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, and think he's an absolute plonker right along the rest of them, but what else is there? For 1.5 years Tuipulotu had the slowest play-the-ball in the league (at that age and as a back) - so anything is an upgrade.

Also, regarding Schuster - he wouldn't be wanted by many clubs at all right now, not on that abomination of a contract.

So is Parker. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, and think he's an absolute plonker right along the rest of them, but what else is there? For 1.5 years Tuipulotu had the slowest play-the-ball in the league (at that age and as a back) - so anything is an upgrade.

Also, regarding Schuster - he wouldn't be wanted by many clubs at all right now, not on that abomination of a contract.
I'd honestly probably put koula on the wing, talau in the centres for now. I wouldn't even have talau in our full strength squad though.

They were just saying on nein that Tigers not interested in Schuster, but that there is going to be an immediate trade Tommy TaLau for Latu Fainu. I almost fell out of my chair. Surely not, how much of the future will they trade for no short term gain?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8