Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Update: It appears that the decision to release fainu brothers was initiated by Seibold to Mestrov. Seibold knows that this is his last chance to prove himself as coach. If he fails at manly, then his head coaching career will surely be over. So Seibold wants to use Latus 250 - 300k on a player who will help the team immediately in the short term.

Combine that with the fact Mestrov is trying to get rid of Tartak managed players. It was an easy decision for Mestrov to go along with.

Even with all this chaos, Latu and Samuela want to stay at manly but are being forced out.

My opinion: This is all very confusing until you put all the pieces together. Seibold is managed by Isaac Moses who is trying to take control of Manly. Why does Seibold keep selecting Aaron woods (Isaac Moses client) who simply plods around the field, ahead of Samuela or Keppie?

Manly were making 30 - 40 metres a set whilst roosters were 60 - 70 metres a set. There is no justifiable reason why Seibold keeps selecting aaron woods. Now I hear aaron woods is being resigned. Also consider recent signings: luke brooks and tommy talau (Isaac Moses clients). Also remember to kyle flanagan to manly rumours (Isaac Moses client).

Its pretty obvious Isaac Moses is pulling the strings and telling Seibold who to sign and who to select in the team, ie his own clients. Mestrov is playing a dangerous game by allowing this to happen.
I agree that it appears as if our coach is being overly favourable to Isaac Moses clients. The Aaron Woods selection is a real head scratcher. He literally has zero impact in attack. Both Samuela and Keppie are miles in front of him, yet Spoony keeps on selecting Woods.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Player managers be like............... :rofl:

1688388345025.png

Brooke

Bencher
That will hurt even more.
It all makes sense that they go to The Titans. The Des connection, the Titans have let Toby Sexton go, Fifita & Tino could be leaving t”them.
I am close to calling it, the Fainu’s are going to the Titans.
I wonder if Buzz will repeat this.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
It all makes sense that they go to The Titans. The Des connection, the Titans have let Toby Sexton go, Fifita & Tino could be leaving t”them.
I am close to calling it, the Fainu’s are going to the Titans.
I wonder if Buzz will repeat this.
I think you may be right. Still sucks though, especially when we keep selecting a guy like Woods in our side.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Really? Disagree with him if you want, but why call Danno Tartak and tell him to **** off? As if Mario Tartak needs to troll a Silvertails forum in the hope of making a little extra scratch. It's such a ludicrous suggestion considering how much money the guy makes and the amount of suitors the Fainus would have. Stick to the facts Shakespeare because your suppositions make you appear very silly. Stop trying to come across as super smart because it isn't working buddy.
It's a joke Joyce. Perhaps "you're" taking certain comments on this forum a bit too seriously again @Thewestisbest Relax dude "you'll" live longer.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I agree that it appears as if our coach is being overly favourable to Isaac Moses clients. The Aaron Woods selection is a real head scratcher. He literally has zero impact in attack. Both Samuela and Keppie are miles in front of him, yet Spoony keeps on selecting Woods.
Nice use of speculative supposition @Thewestisbest in "your" semantic analysis.

Stick to the facts Shakespeare because your suppositions make you appear very silly. Stop trying to come across as super smart because it isn't working buddy.
Perhaps you need to practice what you preach buddy.

What are you dribbling about Ron ... and what has it got to do with Fainu .. :D
He's replying to my post @Woodsie take your knickers off your nose old fella and take your spectacles out of your.😆.. Anyway my issue isn't with the throw down its that they waited until the last ball of the over to do it after admitting it was premeditated. Ball four or five I'm happy with, ball 6 is still legal and within the rules and so is a mankad.

There's a reason Ali didn't hit Foreman that last time in Zaire when he could have.

Unfortunately having to explain that any further is a waste of my time and anyone is be explaining it too.

Good thing this is a place we discuss footy hey😁

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Update: It appears that the decision to release fainu brothers was initiated by Seibold to Mestrov. Seibold knows that this is his last chance to prove himself as coach. If he fails at manly, then his head coaching career will surely be over. So Seibold wants to use Latus 250 - 300k on a player who will help the team immediately in the short term.

Combine that with the fact Mestrov is trying to get rid of Tartak managed players. It was an easy decision for Mestrov to go along with.

Even with all this chaos, Latu and Samuela want to stay at manly but are being forced out.

My opinion: This is all very confusing until you put all the pieces together. Seibold is managed by Isaac Moses who is trying to take control of Manly. Why does Seibold keep selecting Aaron woods (Isaac Moses client) who simply plods around the field, ahead of Samuela or Keppie?

Manly were making 30 - 40 metres a set whilst roosters were 60 - 70 metres a set. There is no justifiable reason why Seibold keeps selecting aaron woods. Now I hear aaron woods is being resigned. Also consider recent signings: luke brooks and tommy talau (Isaac Moses clients). Also remember to kyle flanagan to manly rumours (Isaac Moses client).

Its pretty obvious Isaac Moses is pulling the strings and telling Seibold who to sign and who to select in the team, ie his own clients. Mestrov is playing a dangerous game by allowing this to happen.
I know nothing but if that’s the case it’s contradictory for Seibs to get rid of fainus yet pick Moses plodders ,Woods will not get u a Premiership

Woods is a front rower people.

Woods is not 19, or a back rower or an 18 year old halfback.

Woods is very even tempered unlike our only other experienced forward (one of only four genuinely experienced players) and talisman.

Woods has played for Australia and NSW and has been about the game for a long time and might not be as fast or strong as he once was but I don't see him dropping the ball or missing tackles that often.

Woods might also be the type of player who has the experience to talk to a young forward about the pitfalls of having a manager who promises big money at a crummy club for short term gain, and the intricacies and nuances of the boardroom.

Not sure if there's a different outcome Sunday afternoon if Samuela plays instead of Woods but I'd put my money on it.

If anyone has the time catch the triple m Monday scrum podcast and listen to him rip into Freddy s newest blues selections along with James Graham (a seriously satisfying salve for any disaffected blues supporters who haven't felt this flabbergasted since Gidley got picked to captain from the bench). There's more to a squad than the top seventeen and Woods won't be in that next year but he is good for the club and won't be costing much.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Nice use of speculative supposition @Thewestisbest in "your" semantic analysis.

Perhaps you need to practice what you preach buddy.
But Aaron Woods has indeed been selected over both Keppie and Fainu. If you happened to watch first grade and NSW Cup on the weekend that FACT would be apparent. The only speculative supposition would be around why this occured which I didn't surmise upon.

Hope this helps.

😀

manly al

First Grader
Would think that the increased cap would alleviate [ or largely ] any significant cap issues with trying to retain both Latu and Sam .
Positions in the top 30 squad could be another matter but would have to say on present indications , Samual at least would be able to offer more and particularly longer term more overall value then guys like Woods and Condon in the top 30 squad .
Latu a bit more problematic with Humphries more in favor these days and signing Brooks but would think should be able to be accommodated somehow especially as he is still contracted on that 4 year deal
Can really see problems with Arron [ Woods ] mobility factor , Condon a fringe i st grader at best. Samual Fainu has shown already that he can compete well at a higher level and even that degree of versatility i . e when he filled in as a centre against the Tigies some weeks ago .
Still could not see why Latu could not be that bit closer to i st grade level going into next season , well no more then if was at any other club going forward .
Guess question still remains , is it opportunity related , salary cap considerations or player manager issues .
Fact remains however that in especially Samual "s case , he would still offer better value then a couple of other forwards on the books and providing he has not been offered a heap more money to leave , surely could be kept in the Manly fold somehow and with Latu a bit longer also

manly al

First Grader
Guess that i also should have included , what would be in Manly 's best interests just on playing performance level and prospects , Letting someone like Samual and to a lesser extent Latu go or in contrast keeping other players who really can not provide the same overall benefit
Seems a no brainer really

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
He's replying to my post @Woodsie take your knickers off your nose old fella and take your spectacles out of your.😆.. Anyway my issue isn't with the throw down its that they waited until the last ball of the over to do it after admitting it was premeditated. Ball four or five I'm happy with, ball 6 is still legal and within the rules and so is a mankad.

There's a reason Ali didn't hit Foreman that last time in Zaire when he could have.

Unfortunately having to explain that any further is a waste of my time and anyone is be explaining it too.

Good thing this is a place we discuss footy hey😁

I understood one word in 3 ... which I will mark as a pass mark for me considering the disadvantage of having to read with my undies on my nose.

However, being a man of strong principle and character .... I have not watched a game of cricket since our National team thought it was a good plan to take sandpaper on to the field ...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Latu and Samuela prefer to stay at the club from what I am being told. But mestrov hates their manager (mario tartak) so is deciding to release them

Update: It appears that the decision to release fainu brothers was initiated by Seibold to Mestrov.
So it was Mestrov.
Next day - actually No! it was Seibold!
The inside story keeps on coming.
Hey don't worry we love gossip here, and we love inside info, even of dubious provenance.

However by relying on the selection of Woods as proof of your theory (theories) you've lost all credibility.
For the simple reason that there are other perfectly plausible explanations for the selecting and re-signing of Woods. Of which @Top End Eagle post above is one example.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
But Aaron Woods has indeed been selected over both Keppie and Fainu. If you happened to watch first grade and NSW Cup on the weekend that FACT would be apparent. The only speculative supposition would be around why this occured which I didn't surmise upon.

Hope this helps.

😀

I see @Thewestisbest So what you are proposing here is that you have only commented on another poster's supposition. @:cool:

Thus any speculative supposition is clearly theirs and not yours. Sounds legit. @:)
It also sounds somewhat familiar to me. @;) I will keep that in mind in the future. @:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14