Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 12, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 McDonald Jones Stadium
30 May 2021 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Rather than trying to understand you have just tossed the toys out of the cot, again. I was merely stating that forming your own opinion that goes against the tide takes courage because some posters get ranty ranty from there high chair and try to shout you down instead of providing footy analysis that supports there opinion.

Your post just reinforces that

Im happy to discuss footy and DcE performanes and will even make note of every touch if you provide an interesting environment to converse but your slanging off just says a lot about you really
But after every loss, every loss its always DCE's fault. We had no ball, 9-0 penalities, players in bin, ill discipline, some lack of enery, down on troops etc but its always DCE fault. he is the million dollar man, he should always get us the win no matter what. That's what does my head in with you. Happy to talk footy, but you have nothing ever to talk about other than DCE bashing, that's it. that's all you post about. You even complain after a win. If you actually talked about Keppies brain snap, some of the positional changes, the refs performance, our energy around the ruck etc as well as DCE I would be happy to talk footy. But its always on DCE. He was one of the better performers yesterday. We would of got the job done if went into the sheds 10-0 up and not had keppie sent to bin.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why do you always blame chez though, he didn't lose the game because of some shallow kicks. It was the ill discipline that cost us. Wake up. The kicks were good enough to build pressure, we let them off by dropping it down their end when we had a chance, and they were given numerous dubious penalties, even when we had the ball!
you know we had bugger all field position in the second half with the wind. we tried kicking long, early, chased hard and started to turn the tide briefly. we had some errors and then went away from what worked due to a lack of persistence or patience. who has that role to choose the kicks , the kicker

we all saw it. why did we stop trying to move the game to the knights end after 2 attempts. even croaker tried but then the mid field bomb persistence that was only losing us the arm wrestle all day, was over used. we were losing the arm wrestle early, in the middle and at the end. it is his role to understand the game, see whats working, whats not working and play smart. its not keppies role or funas role , its his

we are down on troops and need leaders to do what leaders do. he is one of our leaders

i never said it was DCE fault we lost the game. I said his kicking game is repetitive, bog average and lacks game understanding, and we needed more with all the inexperience in the team. the game was there to take and the knights didnt want to take it, they were begging us to take it so the could knock off, we just didnt

forwards lay platforms, backs score tries, spines take games. we didnt even have to lay a platform yesterday. they were offering it to us

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Would say though the holding down and second efforts were becoming farcical! Very slow game, and when ever we tried to get a roll on, play was stopped or their 10 metres turned to 7. Very poor officiating
If you look at the body language and energy, it was a little different to the week before. Line speed was missing.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If you look at the body language and energy, it was a little different to the week before. Line speed was missing.

A big emotional let-down after last week, no doubt.

A shame, as it was there to win.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
A big emotional let-down after last week, no doubt.

A shame, as it was there to win.
And that’s the thing that’s most disappointing...even with a bit of a hangover, it was Newcastle and they didn’t play any special game. I thought their attack was dreadful. We just couldn’t ice the few opportunities we were given in the second half.
With help from the refs, we beat ourselves.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
They did get over us in the forwards I agree. But that happens when the penalty count was that high and possession was going their way. In saying that the knights showed intent from the first whistle and our first set we couldn’t get out of the 20!
Yeah before the ref made it harder, you could see from the first set of the match that the Knights were full of running and were just going through the motions.

alafua8

Reserve Grader
Yeah before the ref made it harder, you could see from the first set of the match that the Knights were full of running and were just going through the motions.
Without complaining about the ref , we lost it because we panicked . Mistakes and refereeing decisions in the first half apart ,we had the whole second half to win that game but took some strange options .We ended up frustrated and then panicked .Our team can match any team in the competition if we don't give them extra sets .

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
When they came out in the s

Your a dead set wanker of the biggest kind. *ing goose. Every loss is always dce fault, every win because someone else carried the team. Absolute moron.Should not even bother responding to trolls. * off
Personal stuff aside, yes I am quite critical of DCE and I do rip in when I see he deserves it. I think it's fair enough given his critical stature and role in this team. I also acknowledge that you happily defend him and take that perspective with DCE. It's all fine.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Surprise, surprise both Tyson Frizell and Marty Taupau were charged with identical offences (Grade 1 high tackle).

Yet yesterday one is penalised, reported and sin-binned. The other only reported....
And you wonder why people are leaving the game and not supporting it anymore.

I can cop losing that's the nature of sport but when as you said both incidents are treated differently yet given the same charging result it makes it hard to take.

You either send both off or you don't it's that simple.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
But after every loss, every loss its always DCE's fault. We had no ball, 9-0 penalities, players in bin, ill discipline, some lack of enery, down on troops etc but its always DCE fault. he is the million dollar man, he should always get us the win no matter what. That's what does my head in with you. Happy to talk footy, but you have nothing ever to talk about other than DCE bashing, that's it. that's all you post about. You even complain after a win. If you actually talked about Keppies brain snap, some of the positional changes, the refs performance, our energy around the ruck etc as well as DCE I would be happy to talk footy. But its always on DCE. He was one of the better performers yesterday. We would of got the job done if went into the sheds 10-0 up and not had keppie sent to bin.
I'm being serious and level-headed here, Simon, and not wanting to needle you. However, go and watch the last tackle management in our first two sets and DCE's role in them. That was so far off the pace for what an experienced professional half should be doing, let alone a player of DCE's stature and supposed ability. It is this sort of stuff that drives me absolutely bonkers with DCE. He's an intelligent human being, intellectually and emotionally, so it's not like its an IQ issue that causes brain explosions. It's just really poor sub-par stuff and well below the standards I'm sure he sets for himself. He probably cops a lot of attention and flak because of the critical role he plays in the team. When he's off the repercussions are quite pervasive for the team. That's just how I see it and why I focus in on him so much.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Yeah, the disappointing part of that was that we actually weathered that early storm. We held firm defensively and ended up putting on the first try.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I'm being serious and level-headed here, Simon, and not wanting to needle you. However, go and watch the last tackle management in our first two sets and DCE's role in them. That was so far off the pace for what an experienced professional half should be doing, let alone a player of DCE's stature and supposed ability. It is this sort of stuff that drives me absolutely bonkers with DCE. He's an intelligent human being, intellectually and emotionally, so it's not like its an IQ issue that causes brain explosions. It's just really poor sub-par stuff and well below the standards I'm sure he sets for himself. He probably cops a lot of attention and flak because of the critical role he plays in the team. When he's off the repercussions are quite pervasive for the team. That's just how I see it and why I focus in on him so much.

o.k, that's fine. Agree, first 2 kicks not ideal into the strong wind. But bloody hell,that did not cost us the game! I'm fine with being critical of DCE, but after a loss that is all you get. No talk of any other aspect that caused the loss, just DCE did some poor kicks again and didn't steer us to victory, cannot captain etc. He did more good kicks than bad yesterday, and was not his kicking game why we lost. Multiple factors why we were beaten that have already been discussed. He got the 1 point MVP in the beaten side, he was not amazing but did not have a poor game.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
What are your thoughts on the keppie late hit on the kicker on the 5th tackle? Absolute brain snap! Were in complete control before than. I personally think that changed the game. Also now misses a week when we are already down on troops.

Sad because Keppie was playing so well, so confident and just destroying opposition, cutting them in half and with the ball very strong carries. I hope this does not affect his confidence and aggression, i love the way he plays, just think attacking the kicker (which he has done in the past) is just not a good idea, especially on the last when you have already nullified the attack. Most times will result in a penalty and now probably 10 in bin and suspension.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
What are your thoughts on the keppie late hit on the kicker on the 5th tackle? Absolute brain snap! Were in complete control before than. I personally think that changed the game. Also now misses a week when we are already down on troops.

Sad because Keppie was playing so well, so confident and just destroying opposition, cutting them in half and with the ball very strong carries. I hope this does not affect his confidence and aggression, i love the way he plays, just think attacking the kicker (which he has done in the past) is just not a good idea, especially on the last when you have already nullified the attack. Most times will result in a penalty and now probably 10 in bin and suspension.
Yeah, that was a part of the game I missed (was running a workshop yesterday so only sporadic viewing). I did catch a glance of a replay, but couldn't take it in fully at the time. Was it a bad?

I also love the aggression Keppie has brought to the team and the psychology of being determined to dominate the opposition forwards. That said, I have seen him as a suspension waiting to happen... a bit like Victor, he needs to lower his target a bit and make sure he has control of his emotions... and I absolutely agree about the low percentage of going after kickers with contact. By all means chase them hard and get in their face, but we should be really avoiding any contact of significance in those encounters, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14