Kieran Foran pledges to stick with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if any Manly fans are actually jealous of Bulldogs fans.

Des is a great coach and he was a great signing for the Bulldogs. Just like Wayne Bennett was a great coach and he was a great signing for the Knights.

That doesn't mean that the reigning Premiers, and arguably the most successful legal side in the past decade, would have any reason to be jealous of the Bulldogs or the Knights.

I know whose shoes I'd rather be in.

Well said mate, i completely agree. All this scum crap and petty insults is stupid and just anger from sad jealous kids in my opinion.

I wouldn't insult any of you with a personal attack for something football related. I'm sure manly like every other club, has its fair share of good sport fans, bitter jealous fans, angry fans, and people who are just out and out footy nuts.

I'm a fan of footy all together.
[/quote]

What the bloody hell would anyone here have to be jealous of the bulldogs?
I am a fan of Manly and last time I looked, this site is called Silvertails, a name the Eagles proudly earned from buying premierships the professional way.
I dont care that you are here but if you cant recognise sarcastic humour perhaps you should stick to that smelly kennel.

Moondog said:
Mals said:
Yep Bulldogs have definitely overtaken the Bunnies & are now "2012s most desperate to succeed". It's amusing hearing Ennis talk up their off season on Fox Sports.
I predict they'll have similar success.

arty said:
Mals said:
Yep Bulldogs have definitely overtaken the Bunnies & are now "2012s most desperate to succeed". It's amusing hearing Ennis talk up their off season on Fox Sports.
And how is it possible to "buy a culture"? Philosophers please advise...
To start with ..what parts can you buy... certainly not the fans, the supporters. the sponsors or the history/,,, Oh, I get it,,,they will buy the coach and his support staff, that will fix it... But wait.. what if the coach etc, absorb more of if not all of the Bulldog culture instead? And what remains is hardly worth while anyway?
Won't make them Sea Eagles, just Culture Vultures.

now there's a banner i'd like to see at next years game against them

dogs12 said:
captainskin said:
arty said:
Mals said:
To start with ..what parts can you buy... certainly not the fans, the supporters. the sponsors or the history/,,, Oh, I get it,,,they will buy the coach and his support staff, that will fix it... But wait.. what if the coach etc, absorb more of if not all of the Bulldog culture instead? And what remains is hardly worth while anyway?

The bulldogs, like any team want to develop a winning and successful culture. They know, like any team, the culture starts with the head coach; what he himself brings to the club; what he can instil within the players of the club... and a culture is formed from there.

By bringing in Des, who already has developed a successful formula, the bulldogs are attempting to fast track success. In todays business climate I don't blame them. Everyone demands success, or at least is looking like an individual or a team or a club is striving for success, and I so I don't begrudge the bulldogs that.

If the bulldogs had of snared Wayne Bennet or Craig Bellamy most, if not all the conversations, banter and bitter vitriol would not have taken place on this forum. But with Des going, unfortunately, it all became a bit personal... and so it should for a while :D

It is human nature; it is the tribal wars; it is jealousy; it is xenophobia; it is mostly tongue in cheek, to begrudge anything and everything another club who has just 'stolen' our demi-god. It is off season banter from a bunch of blokes (and some chicks) who are desperate for the footy season to start again in 2012... and the winning culture debate is just a new poisonous bone to chuck to the angry dogs to chew on. ;)

(I heard all this from the retail philosopher)

Well said mate, i completely agree. All this scum crap and petty insults is stupid and just anger from sad jealous kids in my opinion.

I wouldn't insult any of you with a personal attack for something football related. I'm sure manly like every other club, has its fair share of good sport fans, bitter jealous fans, angry fans, and people who are just out and out footy nuts.

No mate your club is scum of the highest order for the reasons below
1 that animal Terry lamb who illegally took out Hanley in the 88 gf
2 that corrupt old cretin Peter Moore who back stabbed a life long friend and a board he sat on to go to super league
3 the systematic salary cap cheating of 2000, 2001 and 2002
4 your pathetic and disguting fans who have caused riots at games
5 coffs harbor

Do I really need to continue I'd be ashamed to say I support that disgusting club.

Timmy, its to see what the fans of clubs that have a soul left are like

Super league teams, records and the like should be taken from the records

Going back to belmore and c-b moniker is desperately trying to erase the SL defection from the minds of loyal club fans, hopefully Lamb roasts in hell with the people responsible for SL

Cambo said:
dogs12 said:
captainskin said:
arty said:
Mals said:

The bulldogs, like any team want to develop a winning and successful culture. They know, like any team, the culture starts with the head coach; what he himself brings to the club; what he can instil within the players of the club... and a culture is formed from there.

By bringing in Des, who already has developed a successful formula, the bulldogs are attempting to fast track success. In todays business climate I don't blame them. Everyone demands success, or at least is looking like an individual or a team or a club is striving for success, and I so I don't begrudge the bulldogs that.

If the bulldogs had of snared Wayne Bennet or Craig Bellamy most, if not all the conversations, banter and bitter vitriol would not have taken place on this forum. But with Des going, unfortunately, it all became a bit personal... and so it should for a while :D

It is human nature; it is the tribal wars; it is jealousy; it is xenophobia; it is mostly tongue in cheek, to begrudge anything and everything another club who has just 'stolen' our demi-god. It is off season banter from a bunch of blokes (and some chicks) who are desperate for the footy season to start again in 2012... and the winning culture debate is just a new poisonous bone to chuck to the angry dogs to chew on. ;)

2 that corrupt old cretin Peter Moore who back stabbed a life long friend and a board he sat on to go to super league
5 coffs harbor

Do I really need to continue I'd be ashamed to say I support that disgusting club.

If thats the best you have, including a "rape charge" that went no where, i find it pretty funny that a manly fan would even go there. you have had that with stewart in the past couple years not a decade ago, along with buying your own titles, raiding constant big name players over those times, slapping sponsors, not to mention the bunch of thugs that ran through it. did you get mad when you smelt your finger?

dogs12 said:
did you get mad when you smelt your finger?

If this a reference to Hoppa senior poking blokes bums this happened on TERRY LAMB'S watch at the TIGERS!

dogs12 said:
Cambo said:
dogs12 said:
captainskin said:
arty said:

5 coffs harbor

If thats the best you have, including a "rape charge" that went no where, i find it pretty funny that a manly fan would even go there. you have had that with stewart in the past couple years not a decade ago, along with buying your own titles, raiding constant big name players over those times, slapping sponsors, not to mention the bunch of thugs that ran through it. did you get mad when you smelt your finger?
Obviously you were an abortion that failed.

And how is it possible to "buy a culture"?
[/quote]

I usually find that the dairy section of your local supermarket has a decent variety for purchase.

lsz said:
To be fair you could argue we did the same when we signed BK

To be honest BK was more likely signed as a marquee player with a view to his positive attitude rubbing off on younger players. I don't imagine anyone could predict just how positive this turned out to be.

I stick by my opinion. You can't buy culture. It's either there or it isn't.

Cambo said:
dogs12 said:
Cambo said:
dogs12 said:
captainskin said:

5 coffs harbor

Obviously you were an abortion that failed.

Prime example of what the other good manly fan was discussing, your a pathetic excuse of a human, can't discuss footy or take footy try and throw rocks yet have a very glass house. Give it a break mate.

Your comment is showing to everyone what a waste of life you are.

[
[/quote]

Well doggy we already said we bought premierships and did with style and finesse, we are not disputing it and no that's not the best we have, (we have members here that can be really insulting)

We only posted what we thought you would be able to understand as we, and the dog breeders world knows that a Bulldog rates as having the lowest intelligence of any dog.

Another thing I would like to mention, in case you were not aware of it and btw it is factual.

Decades ago Canterbury changed their name from the Berries to the bulldogs as the club thought is wasn't Manly enough having a name like berries.

Forty years later and your club is still trying to be Manly, you see the irony bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8