Kent is the biggest dribbler on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can anyone just post the article, its blocked. I love hearing rubbish about this knob jockey
Here you go, mate:

Graveyard shift: Kent works at funeral home while waiting for court return​

by Danny Weidler

Fox Sports personality and Daily Telegraph columnist Paul Kent has found a new line of work with a funeral home as News Corp considers whether he will be replaced as a full-time TV host. There is no official word on Kent’s future as he prepares to return to court in December, but Gorden Tallis has filled the void well so far.

Kent was one of the loudest and most divisive media figures in the NRL, but he has been close to invisible since being charged with two domestic violence-related offences in May after a 33-year-old woman alleged she had been choked at a home in the inner west.

Outside the courtroom where he pleaded not guilty to the charges, Kent said it was his turn to be part of the rugby league circus. By anyone’s standards, that was an interesting choice of words.
He is now working in one of the most sensitive jobs at Mannings Funerals in Rozelle. I contacted the funeral home during the week and it confirmed Kent was working as a part-time limousine driver.

Funeral director Michael Manning, from Mannings Funerals, said: “He’s been down a few times to work with us. If he wants a job full-time I’d have no problem with that.

“He said he has an interest in the funeral business and I’d show him the ropes. He told me he wants to write a book about the funeral business and I’d help him out with that for sure. And if he needs more work, I’d help with that, too.”

I tried to contact Kent for comment. I have not had a reply.

The rugby league media and, in particular, News Corp have been heavily criticised by the public for being too lenient in their coverage of Kent with comparisons being made to the reporting on NRL players facing similar charges.

Fox Sports will need to decide on its next step. If Kent is found not guilty, can he still sit on a panel and judge others, as has been his role?

The feeling is that is unlikely. He certainly could talk about football, but would struggle with commentary about behaviour or culture.

Imagine that, you’ve already lost someone important to you and struggling a bit to get through everything wondering if it could get any worse, then Paul Kent is standing in front of you
Ouch but surely better then the Grim Reaper standing in front of you

Duck me there are some really hard nuts here who who are judging someone for going out and finding himself employment and keeping himself and his mind active instead of drinking or medicating himself some other way through this situation.

What has Paul Kent done to you personally. I think he is one of the few actual journalists (with that credential) who keeps the power brokers of the game in check. I think he is opinionated and that's his job. I think he is courageous, and he does understand courage, he played first grade footy with his diminutive stature and his writing about and ability to communicate the spirit of combat sports including rugba league far outstrips the majority of the dopamine courting herd circling jerks that just want to flare their flank hairs so they can nuzzle a little further into the circle so the wolves won't pick them off.

Do you know how many men in this country each year are killing themselves because women have free reign to say whatever they want and be believed. And how many police are manipulated into positions like this because they grew up in single parent households where they were told their fathers were a piece of crap, or their fathers WERE a piece of crap and are enacting a childhood fantasy in a society that decided ten years ago we need to make our highway patrol cars all different colours to attract more kids and thirty years ago we can't just have Ford's because we want the Holden Bogan kids to be coppers too?

Grow the 🦆 up and let the man have his day in court like you would any Manly player you absolute judgmental arseholes and think about what you would feel if that was your son, brother or father on trial in the media - like Brett Stewart and what that did to his life- if you don't have someone closer to compare it to.

Or don't write anything you ****ing cowards, or ****ing pm me and see how you go, you REAL men, I guarantee, I'm a father of three daughters and one son, I wouldn't have any of them judge someone like that, and I use my words, not my hands, but you don't want me to use either properly they're both something you don't fully recover from.

I accept that Paul Kent might not be your cup of tea, but wishing people misery isn't mine. Just grow up and get a life. It's in the hands of the court. Why on earth would people be jumping around manically celebrating someone's misfortune. It beggars belief, you don't have any ****ing idea what happened in that house that night

Duck me there are some really hard nuts here who who are judging someone for going out and finding himself employment and keeping himself and his mind active instead of drinking or medicating himself some other way through this situation.

What has Paul Kent done to you personally. I think he is one of the few actual journalists (with that credential) who keeps the power brokers of the game in check. I think he is opinionated and that's his job. I think he is courageous, and he does understand courage, he played first grade footy with his diminutive stature and his writing about and ability to communicate the spirit of combat sports including rugba league far outstrips the majority of the dopamine courting herd circling jerks that just want to flare their flank hairs so they can nuzzle a little further into the circle so the wolves won't pick them off.

Do you know how many men in this country each year are killing themselves because women have free reign to say whatever they want and be believed. And how many police are manipulated into positions like this because they grew up in single parent households where they were told their fathers were a piece of crap, or their fathers WERE a piece of crap and are enacting a childhood fantasy in a society that decided ten years ago we need to make our highway patrol cars all different colours to attract more kids and thirty years ago we can't just have Ford's because we want the Holden Bogan kids to be coppers too?

Grow the 🦆 up and let the man have his day in court like you would any Manly player you absolute judgmental arseholes and think about what you would feel if that was your son, brother or father on trial in the media - like Brett Stewart and what that did to his life- if you don't have someone closer to compare it to.

Or don't write anything you ****ing cowards, or ****ing pm me and see how you go, you REAL men, I guarantee, I'm a father of three daughters and one son, I wouldn't have any of them judge someone like that, and I use my words, not my hands, but you don't want me to use either properly they're both something you don't fully recover from.

I accept that Paul Kent might not be your cup of tea, but wishing people misery isn't mine. Just grow up and get a life. It's in the hands of the court. Why on earth would people be jumping around manically celebrating someone's misfortune. It beggars belief, you don't have any ****ing idea what happened in that house that night
Very articulate , equitable and logical post

Your post has lived up to the high Class Silveratails Standards
and you have proven to be a Classy Character feathered friend @Top End Eagle

You are a Credit to our forum

May we all be inspired and live up to your classy standards

Congratulations well done !

1694397048457.png

You can have your opinion, but Na, he can get stuffed, and he can cop the same treatment he was happy to dish out to others year after year

Have a wee think about the mental health side of things as well on the people he has witch hunted relentlessly over the years that have ended up losing their careers, and reputations, as a result of his opinion pieces masked as being fact. You want to compare it to Brett Stewart, this bloke here put to print a fairytale version of events, that cost his employer $400k

What’s good for the goose, is good for the gander

I do have problems with Kent as a journo, and particularly the harmful crap he can spout, but really, that's more of a problem with the state of journalism and sports journalism as a whole - he does what he does to get a reaction, and he does it well. And if it wasn't him doing it, it would be someone else. You can already see blokes like James Hooper jockeying to fill the position of chief agitator on all the Fox NRL shows.

But you're right that none of us know what went on that night, and of course he is entitled to his day in court and the presumption of innocence in a criminal trial. We'll see how it plays out. Meanwhile, I'm comfortable with the fact that picturing him in a black suit behind the wheel of a hearse causes me to smile.

As an aside, mate, if you've had any experiences like this (possible false accusations) I'm very sorry to hear, and hope it's all come good for you. Totally get what you're saying.

As an aside, mate, if you've had any experiences like this (possible false accusations) I'm very sorry to hear, and hope it's all come good for you. Totally get what you're saying.
It's a bit obvious hey! I'm all good man I just have seen my brother unable to see his kids for three years because of some small town stuff, and I'm just really disappointed with all the social media stuff that has a lot to do with @Mark from Brisbane deciding not to post, and so much more playing the man, not the ball I was just getting cranky.

I just miss my weekly dose of Kenty I guess.

I've no problem with Kent as a Journo.

Huge problem with violence against women. That said, he'll have his day in court and hopefully the truth comes out.
The huge hard Core people problem Perspective ....

The huge problem in this world is Violence against Men Woman Children and any living soul
and Violation and Discrimination against Men Woman or Children who haven not had their day in court to be proven guilty .

We do not have to like every body
We do need to love the right of Justice for everybody

What is the principle of justice in Australia?
Fairness There are fair legal processes in place and all parties receive a fair hearing. Equality All people are treated equally before the law with an equal opportunity to present their case. Access People have an understanding of their legal rights and ability to pursue their case.

The moral of the story ....
Dont be a Mug
Be a Moral Citizen
The huge hard core people problem is not to be prejudice

Last edited:
It's a bit obvious hey! I'm all good man I just have seen my brother unable to see his kids for three years because of some small town stuff, and I'm just really disappointed with all the social media stuff that has a lot to do with @Mark from Brisbane deciding not to post, and so much more playing the man, not the ball I was just getting cranky.

I just miss my weekly dose of Kenty I guess.

Mate, "in my view", the system isn't fair, and is very discriminatory. What's frustrating is that everybody knows it, but it's just accepted.

Not sure if you remember that fella in the military stopping all the traffic on the Harbour Bridge because he was shut out from his kids, predominantly because he's male.

It's just wrong.

I'm a strong advocate for mental health awareness, mainly because I suffer from depression, stress and anxiety. I wish men would support men more. It's actually statistically proven that males get substantially less support in society, than women. I'm not being sexist, I don't make up the statistics. People just don't make effort or have energy for males trying to reach out.

I've literally seen females on social media call for help because they have gas from the cabbage they've devoured, and there's a line up of idiots ready to send help and aid at all costs. On the flipside, I've seen males cry for help, in a last ditch effort before considering suicide, and there's literally zero replies or support / help. No-one cares.

I also don't think it's normal for women to help men as proactively as men are, to support women. It's an attention / entitlement thing that's culturally been created through social media (again, in my opi ion). We just aren't heard, validated, reassured or made to feel of worth - unless of course we have something tangible to give in return.

Anyways, sorry for the sidetrack. As someone who's felt invisible, unheard and worthless for as long as I can remember , it really rings home for me too, and is probably the reason I'll always proactively reaching out to anyone who says they are struggling - even here.

I recall one time there was a guy who suggested he was going to kill himself on these forums many years ago. I contacted the club, and got him in the sheds with the team after a game, and our amazing, beautiful club facilitated that with me !!!! That's the type of reason I'll always love the maroon and whites !

Mate, "in my view", the system isn't fair, and is very discriminatory. What's frustrating is that everybody knows it, but it's just accepted.

Not sure if you remember that fella in the military stopping all the traffic on the Harbour Bridge because he was shut out from his kids, predominantly because he's male.

It's just wrong.

I'm a strong advocate for mental health awareness, mainly because I suffer from depression, stress and anxiety. I wish men would support men more. It's actually statistically proven that males get substantially less support in society, than women. I'm not being sexist, I don't make up the statistics. People just don't make effort or have energy for males trying to reach out.

I've literally seen females on social media call for help because they have gas from the cabbage they've devoured, and there's a line up of idiots ready to send help and aid at all costs. On the flipside, I've seen males cry for help, in a last ditch effort before considering suicide, and there's literally zero replies or support / help. No-one cares.

I also don't think it's normal for women to help men as proactively as men are, to support women. It's an attention / entitlement thing that's culturally been created through social media (again, in my opi ion). We just aren't heard, validated, reassured or made to feel of worth - unless of course we have something tangible to give in return.

Anyways, sorry for the sidetrack. As someone who's felt invisible, unheard and worthless for as long as I can remember , it really rings home for me too, and is probably the reason I'll always proactively reaching out to anyone who says they are struggling - even here.

I recall one time there was a guy who suggested he was going to kill himself on these forums many years ago. I contacted the club, and got him in the sheds with the team after a game, and our amazing, beautiful club facilitated that with me !!!! That's the type of reason I'll always love the maroon and whites !
You're a good man Ryan, unfortunately there's a heap of people wanting to be seen doing the right thing that wouldn't do it if they weren't seen doing it - and those that doing real good things are the last to bring it to anyone's attention so they never get any credit for it. Keep positive man.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10