Kelly to lift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think Hoppa is going well but we shouldn't pull anyone out of the forward pack. Maybe we should play him on one of the wings... :wasntme:

I get that this is a diverse site with lots of different opinions, but any calls to drop Kelly for anyone else are quite frankly, laughable.

Top 4, 5 wins on the trot, team gelling beautifully etc, etc, .....yeah let's drop our starting centre for ...reasons.
Lmao

Read the post. I said I wouldn't drop him...but he has to keep improving...I have killer instinct like Bozo. Win at all costs and no favours..if something better comes along then so be it. A faster and stronger centre than Kelly would be nice if it comes along.

Parker was super last year in this very game against the Warriors. I hope he bides his time and will be back.
That Warriors game and the first Sharks game at Brookie last year were the only two highlights of 2016.
Go Manly!

don't forget that kelly has to carry the 'but he plays for manly' tag when things like that are looked at. he will have to be considered head & shoulders above anyone else to get the gong

When you've got a young guy who is doing well, you'd like to think that the club would stick by him. We're still rebuilding with players like Kelly growing in stature as we go.

I'd imagine that we're paying him a modest sum as well, which is important as we need that balance with the cap.

I think he should be given a run in FG...I've been underwhelmed with Kelly lately but I probably wouldn't drop a winning combination but I think Parker could handle the back row coming off the bench.

Reminds me of Matai's first season

He's a classy player too and I like him but, Kelly has covered more as a centre than Cotric on the wing so far. Cotric has more speed but Kelly has played a more consistent and complete game
If I had a gun to my head and someone said pick the rookie of the year..It wouldn't be Kelly let me tell ya. Cotric has 5 years of highlight reels in his debut season. (But I adore ure blatant Manly bias) ;)

Look I think everyone has been really fair and on the money re Kelly - for the most part he's gone through games relatively unnoticed for mine - just doing his job effectively and workmanlike and that's fine by me at this stage. There have been the odd nice touches from him in attack and defensively he's certainly adapted really well to the rigours of first grade. He's a kid so size and strength should occur over the next few years so I don't see that as an issue moving forward. The biggie is speed - he's quite a loafer which is really surprising and that should be his focus over the offseason and beyond. He has all the skills and ability to be a long term contributor for us but buddy up with the sprint coach Brian ffs!!!

Look I think everyone has been really fair and on the money re Kelly - for the most part he's gone through games relatively unnoticed for mine - just doing his job effectively and workmanlike and that's fine by me at this stage. There have been the odd nice touches from him in attack and defensively he's certainly adapted really well to the rigours of first grade. He's a kid so size and strength should occur over the next few years so I don't see that as an issue moving forward. The biggie is speed - he's quite a loafer which is really surprising and that should be his focus over the offseason and beyond. He has all the skills and ability to be a long term contributor for us but buddy up with the sprint coach Brian ffs!!!

He has good acceleration and speed over 20m. This combined with his footwork make him very dangerous in the opposing red zone. Which not surprisingly is where he has scored all his tries from.

Top speed .... don't think you will see him dust the opposition with a length of the field try too often. But going well and has earnt his spot.

He's a classy player too and I like him but, Kelly has covered more as a centre than Cotric on the wing so far. Cotric has more speed but Kelly has played a more consistent and complete game
Would have to disagree.. Imo kelly has been solid, which is great in his rookie year, but cotric has been a stand out... Whether its finishing off sweep moves, or individual work, the kid has turned a few raiders games single handedly and has scored a few highlight reel trys this season .. Ide say hes a pretty fair margin ahead of kelly for rookie of the year

(had he not broken his jaw, ide have said the only two in contention are cotric and brailey from the sharkies)

Kelly has looked underwhelming only because he's been solid without standing out. In saying that though, it's tough to stand out in a backline that includes DCE, Tommy Turbo, Walker, Jorge before he went down and Uate all playing out of their skin.
Quality Players have proven that If your good enough you stand out amongst any one at NRL, state, and international level
On recent performances Kelly to me looks way out of his depth . He lacks genuine pace an d gets run down when out in the clear . It is tough for a player to stand out amongst quality players if they don't have the quality play to make a statement .
When was the last statement that Kelly has made in a game .
Good players not only make statements and stand out but they are also good players because they are consistent performers.
I hear the 193cm fast Parker is going consistently going well in the lower grades
consistency-quote-8-picture-quote-1.jpg

Kelly is a class act and has class written all over him, the pass for walker, the pass for jorge, and the catch around his bootlaces pass. Defence has been solid, helping the sets has been good. Hard to stand out in this backline plus we dont use him much in attack like Walker. This wouldnt change or get better with parker. Kelly is a great young player don't underestimate what he can do but good to have parker pressuring him.
Man what's going on with @Turbo1 and @Harry Smith? These young guys that make so much sense. Balanced, logical and self educated when posting their views regarding our great side and rugby league in general. And they manage to do it with emotion and passion. Keep it coming lads.

Man what's going on with @Turbo1 and @Harry Smith? These young guys that make so much sense. Balanced, logical and self educated when posting their views regarding our great side and rugby league in general. And they manage to do it with emotion and passion. Keep it coming lads.
Not too shabby yourself! Thanks Kevin

Quality Players have proven that If your good enough you stand out amongst any one at NRL, state, and international level
On recent performances Kelly to me looks way out of his depth . He lacks genuine pace an d gets run down when out in the clear . It is tough for a player to stand out amongst quality players if they don't have the quality play to make a statement .
When was the last statement that Kelly has made in a game .
Good players not only make statements and stand out but they are also good players because they are consistent performers.
I hear the 193cm fast Parker is going consistently going well in the lower grades
View attachment 5781

"If you want to be taken seriously, be consistent"...nice meme thing by the way.

Sums young Kelly up in a nutshell.

Consistency in a guy this young cannot be coached. It is all about attitude, dedication to training and desire.

"If you want to be taken seriously, be consistent"...nice meme thing by the way.

Sums young Kelly up in a nutshell.

Consistency in a guy this young cannot be coached. It is all about attitude, dedication to training and desire.
Consistency meaning consistently making an impact on the field
Any player can be a consistent trainer off the field but not all can consistently make the quality plays on the field and that is what makes up the quality players in a nutshell
At NRL level for players and clubs to be a force there is no substitute for consistency .
3adbeb55d72195bda279d8074f1de04b--workout-ideas-workout-quotes.jpg

There is no

Lets talk about impact on the field.

2 off the top of my head....try assist to win the game against the Chooks, catch and pass off his bootlaces for a Tafua try.
I like Kelly as well and I hope he develops into a consistent quality player because there are other guys in our lower grades knocking on the NRL door

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12