Kapow stats.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Being bored I decided to have a look at Kapow's stats as a 2nd rower v's prop.

In 2016 he played 9 games in the 2nd row and playing for 80mins he averaged 12.9 runs per game, at an average of 9.8m per run for an average total of 126m per game. In defence he averaged 28 tackles per game. (total 9 off loads)

In 2016 he played 10 games as prop and playing only 52min per game he averaged 15.1 runs per game, at an average of 10.78m per run for an average total of 162.8m per game. In defence he averaged 25 tackles per game. (total 21 off loads)

In 2017 he has played 6 games at prop and playing only 54min per game he averaged 15.8 runs per game at an average of 10.3m per run for an average total of 163m per game. In defence he averaged 24 tackles per game. (total 29 off loads)

e0a8cb2cef42b28ab3a22075a2a76915_images-kapow-kapow-clipart_450-450.jpg

Being bored I decided to have a look at Kapow's stats as a 2nd rower v's prop.

In 2016 he played 9 games in the 2nd row and playing for 80mins he averaged 12.9 runs per game, at an average of 9.8m per run for an average total of 126m per game. In defence he averaged 28 tackles per game. (total 9 off loads)

In 2016 he played 10 games as prop and playing only 52min per game he averaged 15.1 runs per game, at an average of 10.78m per run for an average total of 162.8m per game. In defence he averaged 25 tackles per game. (total 21 off loads)

In 2017 he has played 6 games at prop and playing only 54min per game he averaged 15.8 runs per game at an average of 10.3m per run for an average total of 163m per game. In defence he averaged 24 tackles per game. (total 29 off loads)
Much bigger impact as a prop. With AFB, Lussick and Perrett, we have a fearsome quartet of front rowers there.

It's not just about Marty, its also about his replacement/who he replaces.

Perrett will not play 1 minute on the field with Marty at prop unless we have an injury or 2 but we have seen he is more than capable.

If Marty moved to the backrow and replaced Fankenstein, Lussick or BJ to start and Perrett would play off the bench, we would not lose much if any of the go forward from our props as a group but would have Marty's 120m (as a backrower) Vs Frankensteins 50m per game so overall a nett gain.

There is more to it than only metres gained but if we wanted the most metres out of our pack when 100% fit then Marty to the backrow and Perrett comes in. Frankenstein can take Browns spot and rotate with Siro.

@Fluffy Yes, but we would also have Kapow's lateral defence as a 2nd rower ... and that is lamentable ... as Barrett said, "they are no longer just running around our edge defenders"

As much as Perrett has shown some form he is not yet at Marty's standard and to weaken the front row for any reason would be counter productive in my opinion.

to then change the whole new format by planing 2nd row interchanges will then limit front row rotation and hooker rotation.

Kapow is an average 2nd rower but is becoming an outstanding front rower if you don't like our 2nd row get somebody else but let Marty do what Marty is good at.

pps I have no problems with winterstein and Siro, the stats don't reflect their importance in the overall scheme in my opinion.

@Fluffy Yes, but we would also have Kapow's lateral defence as a 2nd rower ... and that is lamentable ... as Barrett said, "they are no longer just running around our edge defenders"

As much as Perrett has shown some form he is not yet at Marty's standard and to weaken the front row for any reason would be counter productive in my opinion.

to then change the whole new format by planing 2nd row interchanges will then limit front row rotation and hooker rotation.

Kapow is an average 2nd rower but is becoming an outstanding front rower if you don't like our 2nd row get somebody else but let Marty do what Marty is good at.

pps I have no problems with winterstein and Siro, the stats don't reflect their importance in the overall scheme in my opinion.

not sure how it effects interchange, we have been seen our backrow have breaks over the last month

Winterstein had been averaging 1.3 missed tackles per game. Taupau this year is 4.0, even with the reduced minutes. Plus Winterstein seems to be sliding better and assisting those beside him to avoid them being run around.

Just shows he's a lazy assed back rower!

lol

just kidding

(don't tell him)

It's not just about Marty, its also about his replacement/who he replaces.

Perrett will not play 1 minute on the field with Marty at prop unless we have an injury or 2 but we have seen he is more than capable.

If Marty moved to the backrow and replaced Fankenstein, Lussick or BJ to start and Perrett would play off the bench, we would not lose much if any of the go forward from our props as a group but would have Marty's 120m (as a backrower) Vs Frankensteins 50m per game so overall a nett gain.

There is more to it than only metres gained but if we wanted the most metres out of our pack when 100% fit then Marty to the backrow and Perrett comes in. Frankenstein can take Browns spot and rotate with Siro.

Or we could keep doing what's working currently. Aside from a couple of games I think Frankenstein has added worthy contributions to this side and keeps improving.

When I read those stats all it proves to me is that when he plays in the middle he does what a middle forward is supposed to do and when he plays on an edge he does what an edge forward does. Of course there are going to be more hit ups, metres and tackles in the middle third. If you put Brian Kelly at prop and compare his stats to when he plays center he will do more hitups, metres and tackles - does that mean he is a better prop than center ?

For it to mean anything you need to compare his second row stats with other second rowers.

Sirro 2017- 9 games - Avg 71mins/game - 8.6 runs per game at average of 72 meters per game. 25.4 tackles per game and a total of 20 offloads.

Frankenstein 2017 - 9 games - Avg 73mins - 8 runs per game at average of 73m per game. 23.1 tackles per game and 7 offloads

So Marty has Sirro and Frank covered on most metrics.

I think Marty is useful where ever he plays and I don't get caught up in this prop/second row debate. He should play middle or edge depending on what suits the team balance - he is capable in both positions.

When I read those stats all it proves to me is that when he plays in the middle he does what a middle forward is supposed to do and when he plays on an edge he does what an edge forward does. Of course there are going to be more hit ups, metres and tackles in the middle third. If you put Brian Kelly at prop and compare his stats to when he plays center he will do more hitups, metres and tackles - does that mean he is a better prop than center ?

For it to mean anything you need to compare his second row stats with other second rowers.

Sirro 2017- 9 games - Avg 71mins/game - 8.6 runs per game at average of 72 meters per game. 25.4 tackles per game and a total of 20 offloads.

Frankenstein 2017 - 9 games - Avg 73mins - 8 runs per game at average of 73m per game. 23.1 tackles per game and 7 offloads

So Marty has Sirro and Frank covered on most metrics.

I think Marty is useful where ever he plays and I don't get caught up in this prop/second row debate. He should play middle or edge depending on what suits the team balance - he is capable in both positions.
All this tells me is that our game plan has changed and our backs are shouldering more of the early workload and we are playing through the middle more this year then last year....

Not saying I disagree with u, but just thought I'd play devils advocate.

Stats never tell the full story, yours and Woodsie included.

Taupau is a good player regardless of where he plays but his lateral defence is not great even in the middle let alone on the edge so I'd probably lean toward keeping him in the middle regardless of go forward statistics.

Or we could keep doing what's working currently. Aside from a couple of games I think Frankenstein has added worthy contributions to this side and keeps improving.

So lussick back in reggies when fit with Perrett.

Yeah nice going from Marty early on in the year his offloads are killing them. I would love to see 2 more things from him this year:

1. Halve his avg. missed tackles of 4pg to 2pg
2. Not miss any more games through suspension

Tapow's chances of starting for the kiwis have greatly improved since this thread was started.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8