Kane Lawton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just saw him up at Bunnings Burleigh while getting some turf. I know he has left the club, but good to see still wearing his Manly gear and only good things to say about the club. Had to keep moving as it seemed like every female( and a cpl blokes?)?were mysteriously interested in turf all of a sudden! Lol

I see Matt Srama was sacked from the Gold Coast this week. I wonder where he'll bob up at.

can never forget his big flexing in the team photo!

afaik.....he and his lady friend are doing some fitness web/blog/elephant thingie?

Ralphie said:
I see Matt Srama was sacked from the Gold Coast this week. I wonder where he'll bob up at.

Srama is good. He'll probably end up with the Faders. They need more spark in their big lumbering pack.

globaleagle said:
can never forget his big flexing in the team photo!

afaik.....he and his lady friend are doing some fitness web/blog/elephant thingie?
Yes I think you are right, though I got distracted by his lady friends swimwear Instagram page

wombatgc said:
Just saw him up at Bunnings Burleigh while getting some turf. I know he has left the club, but good to see still wearing his Manly gear and only good things to say about the club. Had to keep moving as it seemed like every female( and a cpl blokes?)?were mysteriously interested in turf all of a sudden! Lol

Good luck with yr turf staying green this week end #DamnHot

manlyfan76 said:
wombatgc said:

Good luck with yr turf staying green this week end #DamnHot

We just finished laying new turf on our front yard. BIG heat expected in the next few days.

Here's a quick tip for a successful job. Lay fresh topsoil first and give it a water. Then sprinkle a good layer of Munns Superstart over the area you're going to lay the new turf. Leave a gap of about 2 inches all around each roll of turf and fill with spare topsoil. (this will grow in no time :))

Water with a seasol solution first once, then water well twice a day and you'll have a beautiful lawn in no time.

Just like Kayne Lawnton. lol

wombatgc said:
mozgrame said:
Leave a gap of about 2 inches all around each roll of turf (this will grow in no time :))

Hey Moz, why the gaps in the turf?

I'm not sure what your sun is like there, but here, it's pretty intense in the summer months. The gap is a trick an old turf farmer from Biloela gave me once.

1. You save money by not having to buy so many slabs of turf, especially if doing a big area.
2. It helps with the overall irrigating of the turf while it establishes and encourages growth.

I didn't believe him at first, but it seems to work well. We hit 39deg here today. The new turf (Sir Walter, laid at 7.30am) is right in the middle of our yard and it's looking green and healthy.

It works here, that's for sure. We did the back yard last year with great success. Old timers know what they're talking about. :)

MANLY SEA EAGLES forward Karl Lawton is still eyeing a move to Super League, despite a transfer to London Broncos falling through.

Lawton had been linked with a move to the newly-promoted Super League club despite being under contract with Manly.

However, that move to the capital side has fallen through, with Lawton’s agent, Chris Orr, telling League Express exclusively why that happened.

“He was already on a contract at Manly but wanted to go to Super League for the next three years. We agreed the terms and then the contract didn’t come through,” Orr told League Express.

Orr revealed that Lawton is still seeking a move to the northern hemisphere: “We are still looking, if anyone has an opportunity we are open to that.”

Lawton, 28, can play as hooker or in the back-row and has made 35 appearances for the Sea Eagles in his three seasons at the club so far.

Prior to that, the Australian began his career with the Gold Coast Titans, debuting back in 2016 before moving on to pastures new with the New Zealand Warriors.

There, Lawton made 33 appearances before moving to Manly ahead of the 2021 NRL season.

London, meanwhile, have signed Sadiq Adebiyi (Keighley Cougars), Gideon Boafo (Newcastle Thunder), Jack Campagnolo (Souths Logan Magpies), Rhys Kennedy (Hull KR), James Meadows (Batley Bulldogs), Hakim Miloudi (Limoux), Josh Rourke (Batley Bulldogs) and Robbie Storey (Keighley Cougars) in a busy off-season so far.

Are all three The Law Man
1706173272591.png

MANLY SEA EAGLES forward Karl Lawton is still eyeing a move to Super League, despite a transfer to London Broncos falling through.

Lawton had been linked with a move to the newly-promoted Super League club despite being under contract with Manly.

However, that move to the capital side has fallen through, with Lawton’s agent, Chris Orr, telling League Express exclusively why that happened.

“He was already on a contract at Manly but wanted to go to Super League for the next three years. We agreed the terms and then the contract didn’t come through,” Orr told League Express.

Orr revealed that Lawton is still seeking a move to the northern hemisphere: “We are still looking, if anyone has an opportunity we are open to that.”

Lawton, 28, can play as hooker or in the back-row and has made 35 appearances for the Sea Eagles in his three seasons at the club so far.

Prior to that, the Australian began his career with the Gold Coast Titans, debuting back in 2016 before moving on to pastures new with the New Zealand Warriors.

There, Lawton made 33 appearances before moving to Manly ahead of the 2021 NRL season.

London, meanwhile, have signed Sadiq Adebiyi (Keighley Cougars), Gideon Boafo (Newcastle Thunder), Jack Campagnolo (Souths Logan Magpies), Rhys Kennedy (Hull KR), James Meadows (Batley Bulldogs), Hakim Miloudi (Limoux), Josh Rourke (Batley Bulldogs) and Robbie Storey (Keighley Cougars) in a busy off-season so far.
Well, being the selfish person that I am, I want the ESL to drop off, and for Lawton to remain at Manly.

Good all round footy player and competitive outlook but just for Manly 's overall situation now , probably a better outcome for Karl to take up that S L option .
Have Gordie and Humphries to cover the 9 role and to compliment Froggy ,
Schuster , Burbo and now looks like Parker to cover back row with naturally main asset there Haumole . Bully to cover back row as well if ever required .
Unfortunately quite injury prone over the past couple of seasons as well , Hope for his sake to turn this unhelpful situation around but again , already available and more then capable players at 9 and edge at present , Sure from his own calculation also , better to move on

He’s under contract at Manly and he’s a good player … but he’s not likely to get a 3 year deal here so ESL makes best sense for him.
Agree...but he's got to actually get a 3-year deal in the ESL. I guess, with his history, that's why those clubs are baulking at such a deal. That's good for us imo as his experience could be handy for back-up (especially if he stays uninjured🤞)

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8