1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kane Lawton

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wombatgc, Nov 14, 2014.

1. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,477 / 42
    Just saw him up at Bunnings Burleigh while getting some turf. I know he has left the club, but good to see still wearing his Manly gear and only good things to say about the club. Had to keep moving as it seemed like every female( and a cpl blokes?)?were mysteriously interested in turf all of a sudden! Lol

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I see Matt Srama was sacked from the Gold Coast this week. I wonder where he'll bob up at.

3. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,784 / 58
    can never forget his big flexing in the team photo!

afaik.....he and his lady friend are doing some fitness web/blog/elephant thingie?

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Srama is good. He'll probably end up with the Faders. They need more spark in their big lumbering pack.

5. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 2
    Very unlucky with injuries, shame we never got to see him at all really

6. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Yes I think you are right, though I got distracted by his lady friends swimwear Instagram page

7. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    Good luck with yr turf staying green this week end #DamnHot

• Like Like x 2
  8. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    We just finished laying new turf on our front yard. BIG heat expected in the next few days.

Here's a quick tip for a successful job. Lay fresh topsoil first and give it a water. Then sprinkle a good layer of Munns Superstart over the area you're going to lay the new turf. Leave a gap of about 2 inches all around each roll of turf and fill with spare topsoil. (this will grow in no time :))

Water with a seasol solution first once, then water well twice a day and you'll have a beautiful lawn in no time.

Just like Kayne Lawnton. lol

9. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,784 / 58
  10. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,477 / 42
    Hey Moz, why the gaps in the turf?

11. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I'm not sure what your sun is like there, but here, it's pretty intense in the summer months. The gap is a trick an old turf farmer from Biloela gave me once.

1. You save money by not having to buy so many slabs of turf, especially if doing a big area.
    2. It helps with the overall irrigating of the turf while it establishes and encourages growth.

I didn't believe him at first, but it seems to work well. We hit 39deg here today. The new turf (Sir Walter, laid at 7.30am) is right in the middle of our yard and it's looking green and healthy.

It works here, that's for sure. We did the back yard last year with great success. Old timers know what they're talking about. :)

• Like Like x 1