1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how well is Matai playing this year

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dee Why Eagle, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Dee Why Eagle

Dee Why Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331 / 4
    I've never been his biggest fan, but was asking the rhetorical question during the Parra game,
    "Just how well is Matai playing this year"?
    And that was before his final try! Have never seen him playing better!

• Like Like x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We need a team of Matais - then no more worries :idea:

We have seen him play better, but today he stood up and got real busy amongst a group of flat Team mates :angel:

Killer likes Matai's effort :D
    [attachment=764]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jax24

Jax24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0
    Skivi has been outstanding so far this year. You really see how good he can be when injuries ain't affecting him. I have always loved Matai because of his aggressive nature and never back down attitude. It may get him in trouble sometimes, but as a team mate you know the guy has your back. If your going to war he is a guy you want by your side. On top of that the guy is just a quality footballer and two way player. Finger crossed he can remain healthy this season.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    The guy's a legend and incredibly important to our team. Opposition supporters hate him with irrational passion, which is pretty much the ultimate compliment.

5. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    I rarely get out to games, but a special effort for my youngest boy who turned 7 today.

He got to see his all- time faiv, Matai, put in one of his best.

Happy smiles, all around :)

• Like Like x 6
  6. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    hes always this good. Hes just got getting alot of meat pies lately.

7. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    He started last year off the same way, but when Glenn Stewart returned to the side his touches of the ball halved. The key to unleashing the best backline in the comp is spreading the opportunities, not just targeting supposed weaknesses but using our strengths.

8. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    His form has been solid as a rock as it was last season.

I think the new law in relation to the should charge has made Stevie change his game and hes much more disciplined.

He is still our best dummy half runner and always gives 100 percent even when injured.

9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,357 / 111
    Time and space. That's all he needs. Given time znd space he bears every centre every time.
    [hr]
    And.
    Beats.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,534 / 135
    He is one of the most underrated players in the game and always has been; Ray Warren thinks so and loves him!

Skivvy is one of my favourite players and pound for pound is probably the toughest mongrel in the competition!

11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    And no judiciary appearances for a while. Touch wood.

12. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    Steve had a superb game today. He was all over Hoppa. Without him we would have lost the game.

I think the best thing that has happened for him is the introduction of the no shoulder charge rule. This has allowed him to focus on his attack and ball and all tackles.

I know this is a big call but I'm predicting Steve to not get suspended this year!

13. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    One of Matai's finest moments was the
    6th September '10, when he whacked Michael Ennis.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    He has been sensational for so long it easy to forget how tough and competitive he is. Onya Stevie, love your work!

15. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,700 / 27
    The best thing is the lack of rubbish in his game this year and last. Just tough uncompromising footy. And how often do we see ourselves in trouble in our 20 or 30 and the ball goes left to Skivvy and he eats up 10 to 15metres?

Killer and Stevie are 1 and 2 for centres.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,412 / 35
    He has been crucial to our left side for years. His potency in attack makes him one of the best centres in rugby league.

His biggest assets are his aggression and defence. Whenever required he keeps up and puts the big hit on, fires up the team and changes momentum.

Skivvy is a fantastic player, its a shame the NRL portrays him as dirty player.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,534 / 135
    My main man Matai!

18. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Matai has been that good for years, he consistently makes breaks up the left hand side of the field and his dummy half runs are invaluable, will be even better when his wingman Taufua is back :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,908 / 27
    Agree with all of the above. A one club player who took a pay cut to stay an Eagle. Hope he goes on to get life membership...in fact give it to him now !

• Like Like x 3
  20. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I can't remember the last time he had a bad game, but in the last 12 months he has taken it to a whole new level. Must be 2V's coaching that he's responding to.