Juniors Results

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Looks like Cust and Blake Andrews will not be playing today for the Flegg side,Tarrant to the bench and Fenn to start...will need a big team effort today.

Just mindless trivia...The young Blacktown local Roland Podesta playing on the wing for the Ball side,he came into the side in round 4 and in 6 games has scored 2 tries and kicked 38/40 conversions at a 95% success rate.Hope his general play continues to develop because he can kick them from everywhere...

Just mindless trivia...The young Blacktown local Roland Podesta playing on the wing for the Ball side,he came into the side in round 4 and in 6 games has scored 2 tries and kicked 38/40 conversions at a 95% success rate.Hope his general play continues to develop because he can kick them from everywhere...

Any relation to Tony Podesta, the tennis player and now coach?

Flegg side lost 22-14 to Eels today,not a bad effort and Eels are about middle of ladder.Tepu-Smith came in to replace Tarrant who was out injured...

Guys can always drop out before the match,but the Matthews side named is almost full strength.Wilson at 7,Koula at 1,Brown at 2,have all been named to play and Weekes is named to start at 6.Apart from Tonga the prop the side is almost at full strength.The Ball side gets Trbojevic back in the second row and Schuster is named at 11 this week again,Hardcastle the lock is back on the bench (but whether he plays....),apart from Hopoate the side is about as good as it gets.Flegg side named is same as last week,Tarrant is named at 18 but whether he plays or not and who would drop out....Cust is not listed to play again.

Last edited:
Guys can always drop out before the match,but the Matthews side named is almost full strength.Wilson at 7,Koula at 1,Brown at 2,have all been named to play and Weekes is named to start at 6.Apart from Tonga the prop the side is almost at full strength.The Ball side gets Trbojevic back in the second row and Schuster is named at 11 this week again,Hardcastle the lock is back on the bench (but whether he plays....),apart from Hopoate the side is about as good as it gets.Flegg side named is same as last week,Tarrant is named at 18 but whether he plays or not and who would drop out....Cust is not listed to play again.

What happened to Cust - All i can think of was he was named in a few NRL side yarts

Cust has torn ligaments in his ankles, Olakau'atu has stress fractures and is gone for the year, ditto Andrews.

Tevita Funa has been tearing it up at fullback for the Flegg side and really impressing in his new role. Scored a bunch of tries and set up a heap for his outside men. He has also been made Captain in the absence of Cust, whose form was well down before injury struck.

We really need to cut the Flegg side some flack at the moment because they are absolutely decimated with injury...wingers will be playing back-row this week.

Get out to Brookie early this Saturday to see the SG Ball side take on the Raiders.

Is there a reason why we have been decimated by injuries and yet Illawarra hasn't had one injury (in first grade. I don't know about their lower grades)?
Is it all just bad luck or perhaps our training is different to theirs?

Is there a reason why we have been decimated by injuries and yet Illawarra hasn't had one injury (in first grade. I don't know about their lower grades)?
Is it all just bad luck or perhaps our training is different to theirs?
I would think a combination but Sironen has been very injury prone since coming into FG, Tanginoa has already had a couple of serious knee injuries in the past and Tom is notorious for ankle issues. Those three guys are ticking time bombs. Dylan Walker's was a freak accident that turned very ugly...

Every athlete is different and the make up of their bones and muscles is a variable that comes into play every time they take the field.

Taufua, Turbo, and Sironen have suffered injuries both last year and this year...Josh Dugan is always injured regardless of what club he plays at. I tend to think all the NRL Clubs have pretty structured and well mapped out training programs, but some players are just injury prone and we seem to have our share of them...outside of that, it's usually bad luck with accidents in tackles with legs getting caught under heavy defenders etc.

I would think a combination but Sironen has been very injury prone since coming into FG, Tanginoa has already had a couple of serious knee injuries in the past and Tom is notorious for ankle issues. Those three guys are ticking time bombs. Dylan Walker's was a freak accident that turned very ugly...

Every athlete is different and the make up of their bones and muscles is a variable that comes into play every time they take the field.

Taufua, Turbo, and Sironen have suffered injuries both last year and this year...Josh Dugan is always injured regardless of what club he plays at. I tend to think all the NRL Clubs have pretty structured and well mapped out training programs, but some players are just injury prone and we seem to have our share of them...outside of that, it's usually bad luck with accidents in tackles with legs getting caught under heavy defenders etc.
Barrett would put it down to bad luck. But I must say that we have had a bad run of injuries over the past few years which has definitely affected our consistency.

Cust has torn ligaments in his ankles, Olakau'atu has stress fractures and is gone for the year, ditto Andrews.

Tevita Funa has been tearing it up at fullback for the Flegg side and really impressing in his new role. Scored a bunch of tries and set up a heap for his outside men. He has also been made Captain in the absence of Cust, whose form was well down before injury struck.

We really need to cut the Flegg side some flack at the moment because they are absolutely decimated with injury...wingers will be playing back-row this week.

Get out to Brookie early this Saturday to see the SG Ball side take on the Raiders.
Great to see Funa making a fist of the fullback role,hope he gets a shot there in ISP next year.(the centre spots might have a lot of competition)Interesting to see Tarrant named at lock,(beefing up the pack?)Nicholson a centre/fullback is named in the second row but I am not sure why Kiao is not having a run there(plays more like a backrower).Not quite wingers in the backrow as 3 backrowers are named on the bench,and Main,Tarrant are starting in backrow...But yeah,they have a lot more injuries than anyone would like to see.Good to see Hammond and Menzies named on the bench but whether they get a run is wait and see I guess....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10