Josh Aloiai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
His season so far has been much like Manly's - up and down (but with more down than up).

Needs to get that consistency back in his game that he had a couple of seasons ago.

We would be a much better team for it.

Sometimes wonder if he's not as hungry for success at Manly as he once was...
Doesn't seem he's been that enthusiastic ever since the Pride jersey saga.

There was a discussion tonight on 360 as to whether Luai will/won't/should play this week having dislocated his shoulder 3-4 weeks ago. Woodsie commented that Aloiai dislocated his shoulder earlier in the year, came back and then dislocated it again. This necessitated him to have a shoulder reconstruction and during the surgery they found a 'whole lot more damage' than anticipated.

Let's hope it's fixed once and for all...and while he's at it, gets his troublesome knee fixed as well. Then hopefully plays in 2024 as our forwards leader like he did in early 2022.

There was a discussion tonight on 360 as to whether Luai will/won't/should play this week having dislocated his shoulder 3-4 weeks ago. Woodsie commented that Aloiai dislocated his shoulder earlier in the year, came back and then dislocated it again. This necessitated him to have a shoulder reconstruction and during the surgery they found a 'whole lot more damage' than anticipated.

Let's hope it's fixed once and for all...and while he's at it, gets his troublesome knee fixed as well. Then hopefully plays in 2024 as our forwards leader like he did in early 2022.
He has led with his mouth , never on the field .

Think we all know what Aloiai is capable of, we only saw glimpses of his raw aggression in the Storm game and the game where he popped his shoulder after scoring that match defining try. Would love to see the old Josh A tearing it up the middle for us once again in 2024.

Just makes one wonder again how it would be that viable to have Alioia in a prop rotation if Jake and Lodge are in contention there and the form of Paseka , Bulemor and Sipley holds up .
Doesn 't just seem to be an injury factor inhibiting his game playing value but regularly seems to have a problem with general stamina as well . Not unlike Tuilagi .
Certainly turned it on in that ist game against the Storm this season but so many ordinary to very average games as the norm . No doubt his injury prone situation has not helped with the inconsistency aspect but obviously taking up a fair chunk of the cap and the resulting problems then in terms of overall team competitiveness to do well in the comp
Really can not see him being the answer to the 13 dilemma also. .
Unfortunately and in the practical sense , hard to see any other club being prepared to take on his full contract value or Manly prepared to cover a high level of freight .
Best short term situation would be if he could somehow produce some tearaway and solid type form on a regular basis but would be a bit pessimistic on that prospect

Just makes one wonder again how it would be that viable to have Alioia in a prop rotation if Jake and Lodge are in contention there and the form of Paseka , Bulemor and Sipley holds up .
Doesn 't just seem to be an injury factor inhibiting his game playing value but regularly seems to have a problem with general stamina as well . Not unlike Tuilagi .
Certainly turned it on in that ist game against the Storm this season but so many ordinary to very average games as the norm . No doubt his injury prone situation has not helped with the inconsistency aspect but obviously taking up a fair chunk of the cap and the resulting problems then in terms of overall team competitiveness to do well in the comp
Unfortunately and in the practical sense , hard to see any other club being prepared to take on his full contract value or Manly prepared to cover a high level of freight .
Best short term situation would be if he could somehow produce some tearaway and solid type form on a regular basis but would be a bit pessimistic on that prospect
Bit of a gloomy assessment Al, lets see how Aloiai goes in the pre season leading up to the Los Vegas opener, then we can all sit in judgment.

Flanno should take Aloai over to St George with him. They are in dire need of some experienced props, and what better than for Aloai to provide that experience. Win / Win for everyone around.
I just can't see how he fits into our rotation. He doesn't have that x factor nor the productivity to have a spot in the top 30 imo. He would also be more likely to get more game time with the Dragons.

Flanno should take Aloai over to St George with him. They are in dire need of some experienced props, and what better than for Aloai to provide that experience. Win / Win for everyone around.
I just can't see how he fits into our rotation. He doesn't have that x factor nor the productivity to have a spot in the top 30 imo.
Wouldn 't be a bad option and maybe doable if he was not on some considerable money .
Got by without him for a good part of the season and can "t be discounted but must be some doubt again and even if he can regain some decent match fitness if he could provide as good an input as say Bully and Sipley with their recent form .
Keppie could be a different proposition .
Keep on overlooking Woodsy for some reason , good guy and tries to put in but to stay or try and match the front runners , really need a bit more then his present form level .

Wouldn 't be a bad option and maybe doable if he was not on some considerable money .
Got by without him for a good part of the season and can "t be discounted but must be some doubt again and even if he can regain some decent match fitness if he could provide as good an input as say Bully and Sipley with their recent form .
Keppie could be a different proposition .
Keep on overlooking Woodsy for some reason , good guy and tries to put in but to stay or try and match the front runners , really need a bit more then his present form level .
Alternatively Toby Rudolf is off contract at the end of the next season. He'd be a great buy. Aloai has a long road back into the rotation. Sipps / Bully / Lodge / Paseka are playing really well and putting in work.

Alternatively Toby Rudolf is off contract at the end of the next season. He'd be a great buy. Aloai has a long road back into the rotation. Sipps / Bully / Lodge / Paseka are playing really well and putting in work.

Toby is bi. Aloiai and his bunch of bible bashers will not play with such a rainbow person.

BTW, agree pretty good player.

Full strength, I think I'm going:

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. UTILITY
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

Leaves: Croker, Sipley, James, B. Trbojevic, Woods as depth players (which is a huge step-up on last seasons depth) - we are getting MUCH deeper in talent here.

I reckon we have no choice but to hope that Aloiai comes good. No other club would take him off our hands, so we are stuck with him regardless. He has shown glimpses of good form over his time with us, so fingers crossed he can stay healthy and contribute to the team.
Only other option would be to pay a significant portion of his salary for him to leave. Hopefully we can build the depth for him to take the time to get his body 100%. IMO he can still do a job for us if he isn't playing busted.

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. UTILITY
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

Leaves: Croker, Sipley, James, B. Trbojevic, Woods as depth players (which is a huge step-up on last seasons depth) - we are getting MUCH deeper in talent here.
I know we all want GCKT to be our star hooker - but i really cant see him passing Croker next year. GCKT is still a year or two away from being physically up to handling the middle on defence full time

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. UTILITY
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

Paseka
GCKT
Sipley
Ola
Bully
Jake
Res: Croker, Schuster, Aloiai, Lodge
Also: Brbo, Keppie (if he says), James, Twal (if he comes), Woods (if he stays),

I reckon we have no choice but to hope that Aloiai comes good. No other club would take him off our hands, so we are stuck with him regardless. He has shown glimpses of good form over his time with us, so fingers crossed he can stay healthy and contribute to the team.
Maybe the West Tigers can take him back and maybe give him back his lawn mower gig at Concord oval.

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. UTILITY
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

Croker will be 9 Gckt will be 14

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8