Jorge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Would love to see Des convert Jorge into an impact bench player.

10-15 minutes of Jorge off the bench (playing on the edges) in the back stage of halves could boost our attack and defence.

He would also provide injury cover for outside backs (and is too slow for full-time wing these days).

This bench below has high impact and injury-cover versatility:

14. Cust
15. Marty
16. Sipley
17. Jorge

Would love to see Des convert Jorge into an impact bench player.

10-15 minutes of Jorge off the bench (playing on the edges) in the back stage of halves could boost our attack and defence.

He would also provide injury cover for outside backs (and is too slow for full-time wing these days).

This bench below has high impact and injury-cover versatility:

14. Cust
15. Marty
16. Sipley
17. Jorge
I personally think a minimum of 3 forwards on the bench is essential in todays high speed game...

They burn out so quickly that holes appear everywhere otherwise... jmo...

I love Horhay but he's not going to make the transition to the forwards IMO. I'm not sure what impact he will provide - he doesn't ball play and he isn't particularly noted for his footwork ? what value do people see him adding to an edge ? Sure he is a good finisher on the wing, but I don't see that attribute converting into sufficient impact that it warrants weakening the bench by having a 20-30 minute "impact player" that provides limited impact. He can't cover any other backline position other than wing so his utility value is limited too. He sure as hell isn't going to cut it in the middle, the guy has the slowest play the ball in the league with his hop skip jump technique

Having said that I want to see him back on a wing though, smashing out those yards from our end. Does he get a start over Saab ?? I'm not sure that Saabs height and speed have reaped that many rewards apart from the scrum kick try last week - which has now lost it's surprise value.

'm not sure that Saabs height and speed have reaped that many rewards apart from the scrum kick try last week - which has now lost it's surprise value.
I agree about Jorge.
However the Saab scrum kick should have a lasting impact. All future opponents will have to be mindful of the possibility, meaning the fullback will need to keep one eye on Saab's side... ideally giving an extra metre or 2 for Turbo to cause some damage (looking at it as optimistically as possible) :)

As much as I respect Jorge and his contributions to the club...we need to move on from him in terms of a first grade player. I echo the sentiments above, of him hopefully still being involved in the club.
^^^^^
Ditto

Those who have ever bagged this guy need to give yourself an uppercut or 3. For sure he has limitations nowadays but has had a stellar career with us.

Was the competition's and our top try-scorer several times. ALWAYS gave everything, scored MANY tries nobody else would have then and was never on huge money.
A better club man you will not find.

He will go down as one of my all-time favourites... and that puts him in very esteemed company.
An absolute champion that should be revered.

Last edited:
I hesitantly agree with you all. Probably because I just regaled myself of him on ‘the fan’ last year. The guy who gave him a nickname, is the bloke I would love to see at Manly.
‘This is for you Jorge.....

The Juke Box - always full of hits.

lol. I hadn't heard that one before.

Somehow I don't see Garrick or Saab doing those...yet.

The Juke Box - always full of hits.

lol. I hadn't heard that one before.

Somehow I don't see Garrick or Saab doing those...yet.
You reckon Jorge doesn’t remind Walker of that hit for lols. Probably why Dylan goes home and slaps the missus, and chucks all the cutlery around.

Those who have ever bagged this guy need to give yourself an uppercut or 3. For sure he has limitations nowadays but has had a stellar career with us.

Was the competition's and our top try-scorer several times. ALWAYS gave everything, scored MANY tries nobody else would have then and was never on huge money.
A better club man you will not find.

He will go down as one of my all-time favourites... and that puts him in very esteemed company.
An absolute champion that should be revered.
Agree 110%

BUT his days are done he was already at the end of his career and this extremely serious injury effectively ends it .

I'm not saying Saab has been brilliant and maybe I am just being overly optimistic but you can see he has the ability + speed. If we were creating space on the edges ( which I know we seem pathologically incapable of this year ) or offering anything in attack he would be very dangerous. We are using him terribly. The poor bloke is basically being used as a hitup merchant from bad field position to get smashed and in 3 on 2 tackling drills against big bodies.

Yes I know Saab's hitups from dummy half are not great. And Jorge would be much better in this area but where else other than that 1 clanger big hit twice a year ?? not in a foot race, not under a high ball, not finishing off a line break ( these days ).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8