1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Kelly & Communication (positive thread)

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ryan, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    Well, as you are all aware, I constantly bang on about connectivity, communication, approachability so on and so forth. Well, while a criticise, I have to be fair, and compliment as well when it is warranted. Joe took time out of his day to write me.

I told Joe I would share with you, so I hope it's ok for me to cut and paste his e-mail here:

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your email.

The passion of Sea Eagles supporters is unquestioned and this is what makes this club great. We all need to stick together through thick and thin and I am overwhelmingly confident that we will have great days ahead both on and off the field.

I thank you for your support of the club in the past as well with respect to how you have assisted on a number of fronts.

Let's start off on a new footing and develop a positive dialogue. I always welcome constructive feedback.

Please don't hesitate to say hello if you see me at Brookie.

Kind regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    I did delete some personal stuff to be honest as that wasn't really relevant to this.

So I thank Joe, for his time. It was really, really appreciated.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Well done Joe, and well done Ryan for giving credit where its due.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Was that all the stuff about how you wanted to be BFF's haha;)

But good to see. Let's try to turn a corner with the mindset here even if 2/3's of the squad is busted. We have Sunday football at Brookie coming up. Doesn't get any better than that!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 31
    Great post mate, hopefully now he has heard the concerns and issues you and many others have at the moment, those channels of communication can remain open. It can only be a positive to have a good relationship with the supporter base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. marcjohnpsg

marcjohnpsg Active Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 25
    Ryan I am shocked but pleased.

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    That's a good start. One of the worst feelings is to be ignored, so let's hope we can improve communications with those in charge of the club and they listen to our concerns. Some of us have good ideas and the club would be foolish to resist tapping into our skills, when appropriate.
    Without passionate fans the club wouldn't survive.
    Without the Manly Sea Eagles we'd have a *h*tload more time on our hands to do something productive!
    We need each other.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,080 / 38
    Where's my letter dammit. I'm important too. But seriously, I actually find this a little off-putting. The CEO is now for open dialogue and communication with Ryan - what about the other 13,000 odd members who get drip-fed yada. The only time I get an email is when they want to flog something. How about telling all of us what makes him so overwhelmingly positive about the future? Actually, I couldn't care less about the communication - just win some bloody games. And get Arko back. Whatever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Speaking of which - anyone find it funny they're all of a sudden offering 25% off the ISC stuff? Most of it being blob riddled..?

Anyway I'll wait till the season is over and pick it up for $20 thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Since you guys are BFFs can you ask him if he has got any word on Chelseas signings this transfer window?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Clever Clever x 1
  11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    Yeah, he says Drogba, Lampard, GuĂ°johnsen, Robben, Terry, Cech, Cole & Huth all coming back to cover the Nate Myles type of role.

Hope that helps ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,600 / 63
    Did he mention your worm eating ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 40
    Very good @Ryan, at least you have broken through well done.

It is very important to look after your stakeholders/members/fans in any business/community based organisation etc. Because while you may not be able to control what happens outside your business (re media, rumours, weather etc) you can control how you communicate and interact with people..............!

14. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,749 / 258
    I know a few of you long term members will remember this but I brokered a deal whereby Graham Lowe and also Grant Mayer agreed to answer questions from the then MWSE forum.

It wasn't " live" you submitted a question , about 15 were selected and answered fairly honestly.

@Ryan considering you are besties you may like to float that idea to him.

Now , there are pitfalls, neither CEO agreed to answer questions about recruitment ( and I didn't blame them) nor any particular contentious issue of the day, but otherwise fairly open discussion.

It was working really well and then ZtH closed down the forum ( mainly due to this Q & A which he didn't like nor control).

I think it's would be a great coup for @Dan and worth pursuing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TerryRandall

Ratings:
    +2,080 / 38
    I imagine most of the things we like to rant about - mr plod, selection puzzles, player recruitment, betting scandals, biased NRL match scheduling etc etc will be either off limits or illicit responses couched in legal/PC mumbo jumbo, so I personally don't see a lot of value. I'd rather rant anonymously and rhetorically :). From my experience, calls for greater fan "engagement" rise in direct and inverse proportion to the number of games lost. Just win some games and no one will give a rats.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,783 / 100
    O how the mighty have fallen.

Our once proud CEO now charged with the odious chore of communicating with (not you personally @Ryan) the irrelevant masses.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,647 / 74
    Was it romantic ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Slide

Slide Active Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 2
    Can you get Joe to give you a YART?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    The club needs and let's hope it is learnfroming from there mistakes. Out of interest @Ryan how many vented emails had you sent before you got a reply?

20. TerryRandall

Ratings:
    +2,080 / 38
    Can drogba play in the centres?