Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Humphries days at 7 are cut short as will play off the bench at 9
Definitely a look as a DCE exchange in 2 years time but 2024 a dummy half

Honest question here ,
Do you think Aloaioa has strung more than 2 good games in a row since coming here ?
Seem to recall that Aloiai had some solid consecutive games [ think about mid point ] in season 21 and playing with plenty of vigor
Then beset with some injury issues which seemed to be the trend ever since .
Had a couple of strong matches against the Storm and i think the Eels at the early stages of last season as a 13 before the injury woes struck again ,
Apparently could also be an injury concern right now for him but certainly hope nothing of a serious nature . Sipley and Bully probably better options at present just on performance factors and think that Alioai still has another season after this with his updated contract .
Can only hope of course that he can overcome the injuries and provide some decent value , like Shu , going to be a bit of a handicap until he can

Seem to recall that Aloiai had some solid consecutive games [ think about mid point ] in season 21 and playing with plenty of vigor
Had a couple of strong matches against the Storm and i think the Eels at the early stages of last season as a 13 before the injury woes struck again ,
Apparently could also be an injury concern right now for him but certainly hope nothing of a serious nature . Sipley and Bully probably better options at present just on performance factors and think that Alioai still has another season after this with his updated contract .
Can only hope of course that he can overcome the injuries and provide some decent value , like Shu , going to be a bit of a handicap until he can

Can you explain the updated contract? I thought this was his last year contracted to manly.

Can you explain the updated contract? I thought this was his last year contracted to manly.
No real idea .
Seemed to coincide with the better form he showed early on in 23 and can only assume that may have been an influence .
Have to be one of the most injury prone forwards in the comp however though the Shu is regretfully right up there as well.
Fair enough that can not help bad luck but does nothing for premiership prospects

Aloiai, outside of Jake, was clearly our best middle for a good stretch of 2021.

Fast play the ball and put in 100%. Haven't seen much of that since, unfortunately.

I’ve seen humprehys for a while in the lower grades, and not sold on his half performances against his peers. Think the trial showed Humphrey is a below average half but instead a 9 with some potential. It looks like he is far ahead of Gordy already… I think he is close to playing a support role this year… for what it’s worth, I’d think the young Beau Alexander is a perfect fit for DCE spot but he is still only 16..

Humphries has well and truly overtaken GCT in my pecking order.
The reality is GCKT is still some time away from being there physically to play big minutes in the middle.

Humphries looks ready now and can cover other positions.

Definitely was playing at a higher tempo than anyone else in the Broncos trial, he had the defence on the back foot with most of his touches.

He had a few errors from pushing plays. Seemed like a lot of them came from his team mates not matching his pace and intensity. His contact in defence was solid but needs a little work on his positioning/reads especially on the goal line.

Still a work in progress but great signs especially when he played hooker. Would've been nice to see him get trial minutes at hooker with a stronger lineup. He is at least neck and neck with Gordy as number 2 hooker and I think his versatility has him infront as the next up 14.

@manly al is right - Aloiai's contract was extended in July '22 for 2 years, being 2024-25. His original contract was to expire in 2023.

As for Humphreys, unless I'm mistaken his contract expires in 2024. He was very good again last night and one hopes the powers-that-be are working on him being re-signed sooner rather than later, or we'll lose him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8