James Segeyaro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
For him to get Lawton and now Segeyaro. Not sure he rates him all that highly. Just few options available.

I admire Croker for what he's done. It's not his position. He's had some decent games but it's just such a crucial position. Today's game.. you look at Grant Cook Korosau Brailey Mahoney etc. All the top dummy halves just know when to run.. which options to take and just control the game. We lack it. You either have speed.. good running game.. basically stir the team around.

His defence and work rate has been quite good. But he won't be Dessies long term 9 in my opinion. Hopefully Fainu is back next season.. if not I think we need to start shopping for one.
I never suggested Croker was the long term choice no.9, but for Des to re-sign him,keep him in that spot and not bother going after another no.9 says two things-1) Des rates Croker and 2)Fainu is who they believe is their choice,charges pending.

I never suggested Croker was the long term choice no.9, but for Des to re-sign him,keep him in that spot and not bother going after another no.9 says two things-1) Des rates Croker and 2)Fainu is who they believe is their choice,charges pending.
you forgot point 3:
manly didn't have any room in the cap to chase another rake

you forgot point 3:
manly didn't have any room in the cap to chase another rake
Probably closer to the truth than points 1&2 but if they thought they desperately needed a 9,they would of moved heaven and earth to get one.Obviously they didn’t think the Fainu situation would drag on this long

So with Foran moving on after this season & Walker off to the Warriors, who will be our bench utility next season (assuming Schuster goes to 5/8th)?

If Manase is cleared, after enough games to regain match fitness, moves to Hooker & Croker to #14?

If Manase isn't cleared - or is cleared but can't regain fitness & form:

- Croker stays at Hooker & Lawton to #14 with Segeyaro as back up?

- we go to market for a Hooker?

I always thought we needed a "proper" dummy half and that we would struggle with Croker there. And even after he played pretty well last year, I still wasn't convinced. I figured he'd reached his ceiling. But he's actually impressed me more this year than he did last year. He's starting to pick his times to run and his defence in the middle has been incredibly solid. Yes, we could use a second dummy half to add some spark - which was always the way Des's teams used to operate - and I can see Segeyaro fulfilling that role while Lawton is suspended. But I can't see Froggy's position being in any jeopardy right now.

So with Foran moving on after this season & Walker off to the Warriors, who will be our bench utility next season (assuming Schuster goes to 5/8th)?

If Manase is cleared, after enough games to regain match fitness, moves to Hooker & Croker to #14?

If Manase isn't cleared - or is cleared but can't regain fitness & form:

- Croker stays at Hooker & Lawton to #14 with Segeyaro as back up?

- we go to market for a Hooker?

Excluding Manase I could see Weekes joining a bench with Lawton and two props

We need every defensive minute that frog, jake and davey bring to balance out paseka, marty, sipley and co and there limited ability laterally and aerobically when under the pump, which we often are

While we also need some spark around the ruck, it would have to be pretty good to offset crokers all round contribution. He is getting better monthly and is a starter

We have ball players everywhere, we need better play the balls, and to play off them faster , rather than having jake trundle around the middle when we do get on a roll. For an attack focussed side we let these moments around the middle lapse far too often

In the right team , balanced and with a style suited to all its players and not just a few, croker can be a very good 9 moving forward despite his teething problems

Defensively only jake pips him , and defence is where we struggle for all kinds of varied reasons. His kicking game is really good but not used enough. Would love to see him do more kicking close to the line. He is a crafty little bugger who is tough as nails and would benefit long term with extra responsibility

For his pay rate, his spine contribution is close to the best value in the game. Well he and foran by far

Last edited:
Probably closer to the truth than points 1&2 but if they thought they desperately needed a 9,they would of moved heaven and earth to get one.Obviously they didn’t think the Fainu situation would drag on this long
Despite the lack of cap room we still went and got Lawton and Segeyaro. Im not sure if Segeyaro can play 80 regardless. So my original point being moot.

I watched the workers game last weekend and I saw enough in half an hour of what a creative 9 can offer to a team than I have seen all season from our incumbent ones. I would like to see him on the bench and alternate with Froggy as I believe this could be a good solution until we find out what is happening with Fainu. Segeyaro also covers the halves so it might be a good idea.

Despite the lack of cap room we still went and got Lawton and Segeyaro. Im not sure if Segeyaro can play 80 regardless. So my original point being moot.
still got some time to fill the squad, maybe august from memory but we have to fill the 30 sometime

I'm conflicted .. part of me says I don't want the numbnut playing for us .. and the footy part of me says we aren't running the Brookvale Academy for young Gentlemen.
thats the conundrum with a lot of players. i suppose its wether they fit into the team culture or more importantly have the ability to upset it. nearly everyone of us were wankers in our twenties but like to believe we got it together as we aged. its not a one size fits all approach and des will decide on if its a gamble on culture or just fitness and ability

he is on train and trial for for about 25k for the season from here. not a lot of downside if he has something to offer other than taking a spot in the 30. he could be back in blactown in a heartbeat but i reckon he wants more out of his second coming.

I read somewhere that Humphreys is playing 7 in NSW Cup this week, but the team sheet is not listed on NSWRL. Maybe he is being considered as an option during Origin?
The obvious is Foz to 7 Shoe to 6, we have depth in the second row, but anything could happen between now and then, good to have options in any case and it’s good to see young guys getting their shot.

I read somewhere that Humphreys is playing 7 in NSW Cup this week, but the team sheet is not listed on NSWRL. Maybe he is being considered as an option during Origin?
I suspect,like Segeyaro,Des is getting a few lined up for depth or just in case during that time because the Origin crew will only miss one game due to Origin but Des may choose to rest some like last year.Foran and Schuster played in the halves last year and depending on the injury status of those two,you’d expect them to do the same again this year

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10