James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My mail is Roberts is a grade A tool so it's a no from me.

Very happy with centre pairing Walker and Kelly. See no need for a change.

Only wish Walks could lure his good mate Aaron Grey here as he's ridiculously talented... but perhaps no room for him.

In regard to Kevin ward 777"s references to Mark from Brisbane - I could not have said it or expressed it any better .

One must weigh up the liability he would be to the team/club vs the speed he would bring (the only positive attribute over Kelly, as Turbo1 said).

Give Kelly an off season of weights/strengthening & sprint training. Then he will be so much better next year.

Roberts is a serial muppet. I get the feeling he wont rehabilitate any time soon.....give me Kelly any day of the week.

Big yes from me!

He is one of my favourite players and you cannot coach his speed. It would be nice to have the fastest backline in the competition again.

Walker Turbo Roberts = LETHAL WEAPON backline
100 metre Danger Men .
One line break and its .....
CATCH US IF YOU CAN !!!
CATCH US IF YOU CAN !!!
CATCH US IF YOU CAN !!!

Last edited:
Cant defend. Kelly is in his rookie year. Not on much money. Will only get better and better imo. If i would of chased any outside back it would of been Gagai. Proven origin performer and can play any position in the backline including cover for full back. Good pick up by souths.

We should go all out for a player like Boyd Cordner next year or a similar good edge back rower. Need another good prop with lawrence moving on.

Cant defend. Kelly is in his rookie year. Not on much money. Will only get better and better imo. If i would of chased any outside back it would of been Gagai. Proven origin performer and can play any position in the backline including cover for full back. Good pick up by souths.

We should go all out for a player like Boyd Cordner next year or a similar good edge back rower. Need another good prop with lawrence moving on.
We are also a bit thin for outside backs with ****SPEED****
Roberts is a game breaker . One line break and its a try !!!

Last edited:
We are also a bit thin for outside backs with ****SPEED****
Roberts is a game breaker . One line break and its a try !!!
Turbo is one of the top 10 fastest in the game as is Uate and Walker is very quick, Kelly is quick enough and has good footwork and acceleration over 40 m, DCE is the fastest halfback in the game. Our teams speed is fine.

Turbo is one of the top 10 fastest in the game as is Uate and Walker is very quick, Kelly is quick enough and has good footwork and acceleration over 40 m, DCE is the fastest halfback in the game. Our teams speed is fine.
Fact 1
We lack depth with backs with Genuine S-P-E-E-D
Fact 2
One line break and its all over red rover . Its a try !!!
Fact 3
Speed is the Demon that terrorizes the opposition

giphy.gif

Every time I see him he reminds me of Moe from the Simpsons.
I'm happy to give Kels another shot next year, some issues in defence this year but will be better for the experience ... and don't forget he is only 21.

giphy.gif

Every time I see him he reminds me of Moe from the Simpsons.
I'm happy to give Kels another shot next year, some issues in defence this year but will be better for the experience ... and don't forget he is only 21.
Kelly is only 21 . You are right
Roberts is 24 this year
Roberts started his NRL career back in 2011 at the age of 18 .
Have a look at the effort and speed of an 18 year old rookie on this clip .....

When these contentious debates pop up I try and put my Manly prejudice aside and ask myself a couple of questions....

If I was a centre and the coach told me James Roberts has pulled out with injury and Brian Kelly will be stepping in, how would I feel?

and...

I'm Wayne Bennett and Manly have offered a player swap; Kelly for Roberts, how would I feel?

I'm a relieved footballer and thanks but we'll keep James.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12