James Maloney & his thought's on our roster quality

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Anyone read the article from James Maloney about not wanting to come to Manly when we approached him because he thought our roster was questionable.

I'm sure everyone will hammer Maloney for saying it, but it is, what it is. This is how players in the market view us, whether we like it, agree or disagree with it as much as we like.

And FROM that point, we have lost Matai, Lyon, (Stewart potentially), Mateo, Symonds, Buhrer & a lot of depth, and gained Blake Green, Akuila Uate, and some reserve graders.

**** !

14947715_812724515537263_1550236094559524628_n.jpg

So the writing was on the wall for Toovey well before we thought, given Barrett was in talks with Maloney while DCE was still milking every penny.

Either that of Maloney is completely full of ****.

I'm at a point with this club mate, where I wouldn't put anything past them. I'm hazy with dates & things.

Also, what gain would Maloney have from saying that. He was just being honest it sounded.

"As it stands" we have holes at centre, backrow & frontrow (if you go by actual announced signings rather than rumours), and it looks like players like Mathew Wright, Brayden Wiliame, Shaune Lane and some other reserve grade props (unsure - maybe Meehan?) might get a start fulltime.

Cronulla have won a premiership, and are still loading up on depth. He made the right choice.

Looking ( at this early stage) like another mediocre year, and with Snake & Skivvy still on the books maybe what we have is all we'll have.

I was more confident a week ago but with Matagi gone to the Squeals and Whare unlikely being released due to the Mansour injury it seems we are placing our bets firmly on Curtis Sirronen ( and even he's not 100% sure).

Can't see Barrett making the grade with what looks like a bits and pieces side other than 4 or 5 decent players.

The knives will be out for him by May, and he probably can't do a damn thing about it.

Looking ( at this early stage) like another mediocre year, and with Snake & Skivvy still on the books maybe what we have is all we'll have.

I was more confident a week ago but with Matagi gone to the Squeals and Whare unlikely being released due to the Mansour injury it seems we are placing our bets firmly on Curtis Sirronen ( and even he's not 100% sure).

Can't see Barrett making the grade with what looks like a bits and pieces side other than 4 or 5 decent players.

The knives will be out for him by May, and he probably can't do a damn
thing about it.

Feel sorry for him to be honest, because he DOES seem like a great bloke, easily accessable & quite intelligent. He took the reigns of a sinking ship unfortunately.

Imagine having Fulton, Peters, Penn & the rest of those cronies at your back all day, every day. Now he has a ****en headmaster to deal with on top of that, who has absolutely 0 Rugby League experience.

Another moronic decision. Person instituted who will toe the party line, try and gain local sponsorship, but not rock the Peter Peters boat.

Feel sorry for him to be honest, because he DOES seem like a great bloke, easily accessable & quite intelligent. He took the reigns of a sinking ship unfortunately.

Imagine having Fulton, Peters, Penn & the rest of those cronies at your back all day, every day. Now he has a ****en headmaster to deal with on top of that, who has absolutely 0 Rugby League experience.

Another moronic decision. Person instituted who will toe the party line, try and gain local sponsorship, but not rock the Peter Peters boat.

I'm really confused as to what their endgame might be??

Drive the club to its knees for what purpose!

The knives will be out for him by May, and he probably can't do a damn thing about it.
If the Titans coach can make the 8 with his 2016 roster then Barrett if he is good enough will make the 8 with the players he has . No excuses from me . Ship up ship out .

Last edited:
If the Titans coach can make the 8 with his 2016 roster then Barrett if he is good enough will make the 8 with the players he has . No excuses form me . Ship up ship out .

They did add Hurrell, Peats and Hayne (and now Proctor). NRL's money goes a long way. Kind of makes me wish we went bust, and Annersley took over. Sure as **** would do a better job than Penn / Fulton.

We added Wright & Winterstein

They did add Hurrell, Peats and Hayne (and now Proctor). NRL's money goes a long way. Kind of makes me wish we went bust, and Annersley took over. Sure as **** would do a better job than Penn / Fulton.

We added Wright & Winterstein
The Titans were every ones specials for the wooden spoon in 2016 for good reason . They also had club turmoil and injuries to their key play maker and many other players .
Their coach defied the wooden spoon odds and made the top 8 .
Injury free our coach if he is good enough will give the premiership a shake . No excuses from me .

The Titans were every ones specials for the wooden spoon in 2016 for good reason . They also had club turmoil and injuries to their key play maker and many other players .
Their coach defied the wooden spoon odds and made the top 8 .
Injury free our coach if he is good enough will give the premiership a shake . No excuses from me .
With our current squad, no additions, top 8? @BOZO?

This article should be more about the roosters losing him than what club he chooses to go to.

On a positive note it was out of manly and Cronulla 14 other teams didn't feature in the discussion!

You can see it now
Next May if we are 2/5 and dogs are going poorly Bozo will get what he ultimately wants Des back coaching us.

Unless there is a dramatic shift in terms of quality signings over the next few months in the off season , which I think will not happen due to us having the squad already locked in for 2017, TB will be lucky to last the year I think.

We are going to finish anywhere from 9th-13th next year.

TB will take over dragons coaching gig in the near future and he will have success there , you just wait and see!!

What! as if missing out on matagi will all of a sudden make us completely miss the eight. More signings will come, one thing for certain is that bozo wouldn't keep M. Wright in the backline, a centre will be on the way, panthers have Mansour (injured), peachy, dwz, hiku, moylan, whare and waqa blake so one of them has got to give.. with Moylan, Peachy and Mansour staying for certain we've got to be targetting the other 3, one will give in.

And of course he'd have questioned our squad, we had just released 14 or however many first and fringe first graders. Not like he was saying that we had signed **** players or anything along those lines it'd just be a dodgy club to move to at that point in time, now we've got a core group of players ready to begin the uprise once more

Last edited by a moderator:
When manly approached Maloney...DCE was leaving and walker, Tapau etc hadn't signed! I'd argue if Maloney was with us this year we would have made the 8!
Maloney had a superstar backline with speed to burn. And a tough forward pack with a superstar hooker leading them around. Manly had none of that. Maloney would be anywhere if he stayed at manly.

Agree, realistically, with what we have now I can't see us going any better than this in 2017 ..... 2018 is the year we will start the rise again. The Barrett experiment will be gone for sure, cap space on Snake and Matai and other duds we have should free up some dollars for some real players and not the imaginary ones in @Turbo's teams .......

Last edited:
Our club is far from perfect but you need to get a grip. A decent halves combo from the beginning of the year would have easily resulted in us winning more wins. Sure the sharks backline had more spark to it but so would have ours with Turbo and Walker having another decent half running things. We had no continuity throughout the year not only because of injury but also because we never really figured out who our 6 and 9 were! We would have finished 8th or at least much closer to it. Agree to disagree with you once again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8