1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake T picking up Scott and smashing him...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Ok not a lot to get excited about tonight, but what about when Jakes T picked up Matt Scott and smashed him into the ground? Jake is a machine, some of his hits tonight were again inspirational, it's just unfortunate not too many others lifted.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Young Jake I think will be our V/C soon as he is a born leader, his tackling technique is really sound, when he tackles around the boots it reminds me of the great Igor. Out of the ashes of this season we have a real gem on our hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Once he is replaced around the 20 minute mark each week Manly lose control of the ruck area and invariably the floodgates open. He continues to be the dominant forward regardless of who the opposition is.

This wasn't as noticeable when Mason was coming off the bench to replace him. Willie holds his own ground, but Burgess and Starling do very little that is positive for our momentum and control of the ruck.

I don't think our recruiting for 2016 addresses this issue, especially if Mason is not re-signed. A few long years coming our way unless Leary and Myles are prepared to put their shoulders to the wheel every week.

The loss of BJ hasn't helped.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    I doubt there is a better front-on tackler than Jake in the NRL. He is awesome, and the only shining light from last night's less than stellar performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    The cows scored 14 points before Jake came off and the final 6 when he was back on, the floodgates were open well and truly when he was on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1