Jake.! Jake.!! Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I hate to say it, but I would happily swap Cam Murray for Jake. What does Cam get paid these days?

All I know is that we really struggle when he's not playing. Perhaps he needs to be given a break in the game to stay fresh. Maybe then he wouldn't be laying over players so much and giving away 6 agains.
The sad fact is, as much as we want Jake to have the occasional breather it's just not possible, Jake and Croker defend our front door like no others can.

The sad fact is, as much as we want Jake to have the occasional breather it's just not possible, Jake and Croker defend our front door like no others can.
Then we ain’t winning $hit if we are willing to give up front row penetration and dummy half craft. In fact, we are playing to defend from the start and no belief we can win.

Jake to front row, given breaks each game, and told to prioritise his offload. It would do wonders for Jake and our team.

Who will do the tackling?

Lazy arse Kelma or any other of our lazy privileged bludgers that pretend to be forwards?
Croker the exception.

Jake will just have to play prop, middle, tackle his guts out and play 80mins.

Then we ain’t winning $hit if we are willing to give up front row penetration and dummy half craft. In fact, we are playing to defend from the start and no belief we can win.
Plus if where holding on to guys just because they can defend, whats that say about the rest of the side, thats how much of a mess where in

Lazy arse Kelma or any other of our lazy privileged bludgers that pretend to be forwards?
Croker the exception.
What are you talking about? He’ll be off for 20-30 mins each game. If we can’t cover the middle then we don’t deserve to compete. We need to balance this side (and especially the forwards) or just go into every game conceding we are less and are doing everything we can to try and defend. Loser mentality.

How many times did you hear this from Ash Klown last night and nearly every other week. I admire Jake and he's a heart and soul type every club needs but there's 3 things that must change with him.
1. We cannot continue to afford his $950K.
2. He is not a lock forward.
3. He shouldn't be playing 80min.
He's become a liability with his constant penalties and 6 agains. He doesn't offload, he doesn't break tackles, he's ineffective at setup of plays. All I saw last night was tackling , which he's the best at, and ineffective hitups. But tackling alone is not a $950K player.
Yeah, it was funny at the time, we all got excited on signing up Tom long term, but didn't notice the deal came with Jake as well, and at nearly the same price...mmm..

What are you talking about? He’ll be off for 20-30 mins each game. If we can’t cover the middle then we don’t deserve to compete. We need to balance this side (and especially the forwards) or just go into every game conceding we are less and are doing everything we can to try and defend. Loser mentality.

Tell me who is going to cover the middle and tackle their arses off while Jake is off?

Atm, I can't think of anyone. So yes, our team don't deserve to compete. Total lazy loser mentality from the other Manly forwards.

Get what you're sayin HK, but we've really painted ourselves in the corner with this delema and with no place to go.

Tell me who is going to cover the middle and tackle their arses off while Jake is off?

Atm, I can't think of anyone. So yes, our team don't deserve to compete. Total lazy loser mentality from the other Manly forwards.
If we keep expecting Jake to do it then we are not allowing the space for anything to grow into the role. We are reactive and not good enough to compete for the premiership in the current set up. Do you want to just go on flogging Frog and Jake in the middle to save our defensive deficiencies without giving any alternate plan a chance? Really?

This is not the way to build a premiership threat. We need to step outside the current parameters and start trying new things if we ever want to get beyond this mediocre hump

If we keep expecting Jake to do it then we are not allowing the space for anything to grow into the role. We are reactive and not good enough to compete for the premiership in the current set up. Do you want to just go on flogging Frog and Jake in the middle to save our defensive deficiencies without giving any alternate plan a chance? Really?

HK Eagle

You are not answering the question or providing a solution.

It is well and good to say Jake goes to prop and only plays 25 min at a time.

But you haven’t mentioned one current player than can take up the slack.

We don't have a Cameron Murray or a team of forwards like Penrith that can tackle all day and play attacking footy.

Does Manly have the wrong players or badly coached? I would think lumbering huge forwards at over 110kg like we have are probably not the right players.
Our smaller forwards seem too small and not dynamic enough.

20 to 30min in a NRL game is hell of a long time tbh.

We need to find others to step up and believe in them. Currently we have built an unhealthy dependency on Jake and Frog in defence.

20 to 30min in a NRL game is hell of a long time tbh.

The reality is we do not have a lock in the mold of Murray/Teo who are equally great at D & A and play 80 mins.

Perhaps Matterson junior can bring his brother ova from the eels - he seems to have it, but doesn't play 80 thou.

Croker the exception.

Jake will just have to play prop, middle, tackle his guts out and play 80mins.
Let “Lazy arse Kelma” step up and grow.he needs to be challenged and held accountable. We can’t keep hiding deficiencies and asking others to fill the gaps. Let these players fail and grow or farrk off

The reality is we do not have a lock in the mold of Murray/Teo who are equally great at D & A and play 80 mins.

Perhaps Matterson junior can bring his brother ova from the eels - he seems to have it, but doesn't play 80 thou.
And how is one ever going to develop out of this unhealthy dependency and expectation of Frog and Jake to cover???.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10