I've had enough!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: I've f*cking had enough!

cliffylyons said:
Everyone on this website is out to behead Des and his team. You sit behind our keyboards with your head in the sand pretending like nothing is wrong. No f*cking team loses 7 officials and players to come after a grandfinal without something happening in the board room.

The board is killing our beloved club, I don't care what any of you sheep say, I support Des for what he done.
ok

Mates, when casting stones, one must first look at the financial books. In other words like any decent administrator would say, 'look to the money'. It's all very well to win the games, but when the auditors come sniffing around that's when the ****e hits the fan, so to speak. Nothing is as it seems to the uninformed. We see posters look at the two GF wins and say it's all rosey in the garden. However the contractual arrangements and the cap decisions made by the influential one, are something that should, and did worry those administrators at the top. Decisions were made, changes initiated, roles enunciated, noses out of joint, end of story.

or should I have said 'end of marriage'.

DSM5 said:
Mates, when casting stones, one must first look at the financial books. In other words like any decent administrator would say, 'look to the money'. It's all very well to win the games, but when the auditors come sniffing around that's when the ****e hits the fan, so to speak. Nothing is as it seems to the uninformed. We see posters look at the two GF wins and say it's all rosey in the garden. However the contractual arrangements and the cap decisions made by the influential one, are something that should, and did worry those administrators at the top. Decisions were made, changes initiated, roles enunciated, noses out of joint, end of story.

This is a very serious accusation you're making, so put up or shut up. Do you have proof that Hasler was trying to rort the salary cap (because this is what you're insinuating)?

Does it occur to you that for a long time players have stayed at Manly for less than elsewhere because of things like lifestyle and loyalty. As we know Des is not going for more money to Belmore, so why is he going and why are those loyal to him following?

DSM put up or shut up

That is one of the biggest if not biggest accusations thrown around here (well since the club was going to move to the central coast)

lsz said:
DSM put up or shut up

That is one of the biggest if not biggest accusations thrown around here (well since the club was going to move to the central coast)

Another acusation he throws around willy nilly without a scrap of evidence.

Matabele said:
DSM5 said:

This is a very serious accusation you're making, so put up or shut up. Do you have proof that Hasler was trying to rort the salary cap (because this is what you're insinuating)?

Does it occur to you that for a long time players have stayed at Manly for less than elsewhere because of things like lifestyle and loyalty. As we know Des is not going for more money to Belmore, so why is he going and why are those loyal to him following?

He might be insinuating that, but I took it that Des was the one organising the players contracts and was basically hamstringing the club in terms of how they could negotiate players contracts going forward. ie guys like Foran, DCE, and even young Hoppa. We may have been compromised because Des might organised players he was particularly close to exceptionally good deals. Not necessarily payments outside the cap, just that Des was doing the administrators job at the club and them only finding out about how much player X was on when Des brought in the newly signed contract?????? Maybe???

Just wow

What ever happened to the days when we all used to preach that Manly never lost a player they wanted to keep? The curse on any player that let the club?

By the logic put forward that was due to Des - the very same person who then caused issues??

Masked Eagle said:
Matabele said:
DSM5 said:

He might be insinuating that, but I took it that Des was the one organising the players contracts and was basically hamstringing the club in terms of how they could negotiate players contracts going forward. ie guys like Foran, DCE, and even young Hoppa. We may have been compromised because Des might organised players he was particularly close to exceptionally good deals. Not necessarily payments outside the cap, just that Des was doing the administrators job at the club and them only finding out about how much player X was on when Des brought in the newly signed contract?????? Maybe???

Thats how I have read it aswell. (bolded bit)

Matas nowhere did I state that Des was attempting to rort the salary cap. That's in your imagination, and I resent your insinuation that I said so. What needs to be said though is that just hooking into Bob Reilly and Perry is not the answer, as you constantly do. You're faith in Des shouldn't blind you to the fact that he has controlled the selection, purchasing and contracting of players. Sure we've done well, but one can't continue to run the club this way. It is a club by the way and not a personal fiefdom. There are financial constraints as well as the cap to contend with.

Again, this is hearsay that Des was arranging contracts. And it makes a mockery of the same people getting on here whingeing and moaning about Lowe's pen.

Once again there is a lack of proof for these insinuations. Are we really being led to believe that Hasler doing all the front office stuff on top of coaching? If so it only puts more gloss on his Herculean efforts to win 2 Premierships whilst also running the club.

Far more likely is that such things were a collaborative effort between coach (close to players) and GM (the one with the calculator presumably). It worked with Mayer, might have worked with Lowe. Was it working with Perry? If not, then he now has a huge target on his back (Perry that is) because he has antagonized one of the most successful coaches of the modern era and the fruits of his labours may not be very tasty over the next few years.

One thing that is not in doubt, up until Des departure he didn;t seem to have an acrimonious relationship with the one who ultimately had to write the cheques.

Here again we have the man love for a long departed to rugby union CEO, Mayer, and man-hate for our new one Perry. And Lowe wandering around in in the middle there somewhere. Actually I never had it in for Lowe, as you did. I thought he brought a calming influence to the club after Mayer split. I would suspect that Perry also didn't do anything without the approval of the man who writes the cheques. Anyway, unlike your good self, Matas, I see a rosey future for the club, and many gf wins with Toovs at the helm, ably supported by a competent CEO.

DSM5 said:
Here again we have the man love for a long departed to rugby union CEO, Mayer, and man-hate for our new one Perry. And Lowe wandering around in in the middle there somewhere. Actually I never had it in for Lowe, as you did. I thought he brought a calming influence to the club after Mayer split. I would suspect that Perry also didn't do anything without the approval of the man who writes the cheques. Anyway, unlike your good self, Matas, I see a rosey future for the club, and many gf wins with Toovs at the helm, ably supported by a competent CEO.

Mayer actually went to AFL. I was never that big a fan of his to be honest.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6