1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It would be good if----

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Apr 7, 2005.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    It would be good if both Manly and Canberra win this weekend. It would set up a top of the table clash at Brookie next weekend which should pack the joint to the rafters.

Heres hoping. :D

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Great call. Both teams will have to play well.

Brings back memories of 95!!!

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    yup that would be the second top of the table clash for manly this year

4. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    The club really needs good crowds to turn up all year to get the financial muslce/stability required to match the top teams.

If we can average say 15000 per against last years crowds whcih average I reckon about 10,000 that is an additional 5000 by say $15 per person over 12 matches. You do the sums it is a lot of money and would make the bottom line a lot healthier.

5. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    You may have missed it but Media put out a release to say that the Sharks game Gate receipts were the best for ages. It seems that less Freebies have been given out to schools, kids etc and therefore the number of paying spectators was very high.

It would be good to average 15000 every home game. Considering that Hobbits never leave the Shire (Sharks) and Melbourne have 10 supporters in total, the two home crowds have been quite good.

Considering that Canberra fans are unlikely to travel the Souths game could be very big if they get a win or two and we are still doing well!

6. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Im a Manly fan in Canberra, and me, my bro his g/f and my sis have already got tickets!

Its going to be sweet!

Do you reckon it is going to be packed, whats a good time to get there?

7. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Get in before 2 pm. Better between 1 and 1.30 pm. Then you get to see PL which ends around 2 pm. The hill is my favourite spot but bring your sunscreen and hat if it is sunny. Parking is hard to find if you don't know the spots to go to. Great to have you down at Brookie ads! :clap:

8. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    when you think about it, we have played sharks/melb and then Raiders, none of which have a big travelling fan base, dont be suprised that if we keep winning that the rabbits game is the biggest crowd thus far, It would be awesome to play a Parra or tigers at home around now! Tigers would be a cracker with the publicity they are also getting atm.

9. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    We play the Tigers in about 4/5 weeks, if both teams keep winning watch out they will be hanging off the trees.

I will be buying my ticket very early next week, I don't want to get caught in any queues.

10. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1

Thanks! We havent been to a game at Brookie in over 6 years so it will be awesome, it will bring back some good memories!

Yeah we want to see PL so i guess we will get their earlyish! Any tips on where to park?

11. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    long held secret.

Depends on whether you mind a walk or not

12. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1

Nah the walk is half the fun.... I think from memory we used to park down near maccas? but i havent been to those parts for over 5 years!

13. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    The two best options Ads are:

1/ if you get there early enough (say around midday) you should be able to park in the car aprk across the road from the Leagues Club, or in the streets near it (eg near Maccas).

2/ If you are getting after 1:30 I would go to Warringah Mall and Park in there. You would more than likely drive right past it if you are coming from Canberra. It is probably a 10 minutes walk to the game. Parking is free on Sundays

14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Depends if you want to leave early. If not you can park in any street near the ground. They fill up about 1:30

15. Manly4Ever

Manly4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey don't give away my secret parking spot.

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    what - any street. Right around the corner from somewhere lane.

17. Manly4Ever

Manly4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    far too specific Fluffy!!

18. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    try victor road, the factories or warringah road, but i was rather annoyed at my space being taken last time

19. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    Why would you want to leave early, when you can go to the club after the game for a few sherberts and watch the post match presentation - great if we win.

20. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    because some of us live a fair way away and need to work the next day