It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

double hoops

First Grader
Welcome back DES. All is not forgiven, just yet. But thank #uck Ur not CartWrong, and boy oh boy I'm happy to have a Manly Man, who understands, back at the helm.

Bit excited now for the year ahead.

Can't wait to see the pre season photos , wow are we going to have some in for a shock.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
It is great to see him back but I hope we don't have our expectations too high for the first year. …. on second thoughts where's the trophy cupboard.

D

Deleted member 26876

Dessy’s back
back again
yes he’s back
tell a friend

images

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Des Hasler to sign as coach of Manly Sea Eagles
DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
23 minutes ago
Subscriber only
A DETERMINATION to bring back relentless discipline and a steely edge — plus a person with Sea Eagles DNA — will compel Manly to formally announce Des Hasler as the club’s new head coach as early as Monday.

The Daily Telegraph has been told Hasler has agreed to a three-year deal and will turn up for work at the club’s Narrabeen headquarters on Monday.

No official contracts have been signed but the deal is done, minus a few minor details which, if not finalised on Monday, will only delay the announcement by 24 hours.

It will be stunning homecoming for Hasler, one of Manly’s favourite sons as a player and coach.

It is understood Hasler, does not want outgoing coach Trent Barrett at the club next season as either an assistant or under-20s coach as the Sea Eagles look to avoid paying out their disgruntled coach before he serves out his 12 months notice after resigning last July.

Manly’s owners and senior officials agree Hasler will instil a strict discipline at the club — and even bring a fear factor for the playing roster.

f0babf5ccbf5ba663e793e21be64642d

Coach Des Hasler celebrates the 2011 premiership with Manly Sea Eagles.
KENT: Why Manly and Des need each other

EXCLUSIVE: Foran marries ‘love of life’

“Des is a hard core professional. He does have a fear factor about him,” one source said.

“Look at senior coaches like Wayne Bennett, Trent Robinson and Craig Bellamy. They’re feared to some degree by their players. Des has a dominant and respected personality.”

A Sea Eagles fan forum held earlier this month at Manly Leagues Club highlighted what fans wanted — a Manly person back in charge.

Manly’s eight titles have all been under coaches who have represented the Sea Eagles as players — Hasler (2008, 2011), Bob Fulton (1987, 1996), Ron Willey (1972, 1973) and Frank Stanton (1976, 1978).

84c7c8e3a81d2cbe640627edfacd2207

Captain Jamie Lyon (L) and coach Des Hasler (R) with fans after victory in the 2011 NRL grand final.
Sea Eagles assistant coach John Cartwright has a deal at the club until 2020 and it’s believed Hasler will work with him. But there is also speculation Canberra are interested in Cartwright, who is great mates with Raiders head coach Ricky Stuart.

Hasler is well aware of Manly’s modest training facilities, having used them when winning NRL premierships in 2008 and 2011.

It is understood Hasler and Manly co-owner Scott Penn have been in dialogue for around three weeks.

At one point during his previous reign at Brookvale between 2004 and 2011, Hasler guided Manly to three grand finals in five seasons.

Hasler, 57, also has a strong supporter in Fulton, a Manly Immortal.

de30fc9c06c7059fa313c45ef7c83fed

Des Hasler is back with the Sea Eagles.
“There won’t be any need for wholesale changes,” said another club source. “It will be business as usual. The sooner Des’s deal is announced, the better.”

Hasler, who still lives on Sydney’s northern beaches, will start placing his own imprint on the squad this week.

Cartwright was well in the running for the top job but has missed out. Manly officials claim signing former South Sydney coach Michael Maguire “wouldn’t have worked out”, despite him turning down the job.

The Sea Eagles know Hasler’s unique character and Hasler knows Manly’s rich history and DNA.

Back in 2004, Hasler built the then struggling Sea Eagles into a premiership-winning club and he now has the challenge of repeating that achievement at the same club 15 years later.

Penn and Hasler were unavailable for comment.

Thank you for that great news article @Wombat64
This says it all .....
Bring back relentless discipline and a steely edge — plus a person with Sea Eagles DNA
This was very much lacking under Trent as he turned our fortress into a Gladstone whore house

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
NRL .COM

Manly Sea Eagles set to announce the return of Des Hasler
THE Manly Sea Eagles have reportedly found their replacement for Trent Barrett in a move that will see a favourite son return.

MANLY have returned to the past in a bid to move forward with two-time premiership coach Des Hasler to take over the reigns of the club.

First reported by The Daily Telegraph, Hasler has agreed to a three-year deal that will see him remain with the Sea Eagles through the 2021 season.

Only last week reports of Hasler’s return were made with his manager, George Mimis, in deep negotiations for his return.

Hasler reportedly had issues with the owners of the Sea Eagles, the Penn family, but these have also been worked out according to reports.

The Sea Eagles coaching job has been in the headlines after Trent Barrett fell out with the club over infrastructure and support issues and gave 12-months notice in July.

Hasler led Manly to their last two NRL premierships in 2011 and 2008.

Des Hasler signed, sealed and delivered for his second stint as @SeaEagles Head Coach. One part of the @NRL coaching merry go round sorted, who will be next? @FOXSportsNews #NRL

— Tim Robinson (@timrobinsonfox) October 21, 2018
Breaking: The Daily Telegraph has been told Hasler has agreed to a three-year deal and will turn up for work at the club’s Narrabeen headquarters on Monday. #NRL #RugbyLeague

— James Cheeseman (@shaggy84329) October 21, 2018

The long process of finding a Barrett replacement has seen plenty of names thrown up as possibilities, but the return of a favourite son was the ideal move.

Channel 7 had also reported that Daly Cherry-Evans would seek a release from the club if Neil Henry was appointed coach after he appeared on the shortlist alongside John Cartwright, Jason Taylor and Hasler.

But when news began to filter that the position was going to Hasler, [URL='https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-said-hed-be-keen-to-see-des-hasler-coach-at-manly-again/news-story/62cef37fdc30e2ef096bc1ea29b188f4']Cherry-Evans praised the coach and welcomed his return

“Tim Sheens gave me an Aussie jersey, Mal Meninga a Queensland (jersey) and Des Hasler at club,” Cherry-Evans said. “So those three coaches are people that I’ll never forget.

“If I was to link up with my first-ever first-grade coach, I’d be all for it.”

It’s often said that Manly needs a coach ingrained in the Manly culture to thrive and Cherry-Evans described Hasler as one of the architects of the Manly siege mentality.

“Everyone hates Manly so our backs are against the wall and we love playing that style of footy and living with that mentality,” Cherry-Evans said.

“Obviously Des was a big part of that. If he gets the opportunity to come back, I’m sure he’ll pick up where he left off.”
[/URL]

If you do not mind me asking , Which i st grade Brisbane club [ club 's ? ] did you play for in your footy career there. Pre Bronco "s days i presume .
Hi - sorry I only just saw this - I was a Redcliffe junior - Qld High schools rep - played A grade for Redcliffe, Wests and Norths. Certainly was not talented but could and would tackle anything that moved - was a 78kg wringing wet lock back in the day lol.

I think Shane its the way you debate, that determines its value. If it gets personal, its a waste of time. But if it sticks to the issue, debating can be effective because it challenges your perspective on things and opens your mind to other points of view. Having your opinion challenged (not aggressively or personally but based on evidence available) assists us all in refining our points of view.

For example its the principle behind peer assessment in scientific proposals and is a necessary tool to ensure that what is being proposed can be sufficiently validated. I like to 'debate' an issue because that's how I learn to develop a richer opinion.

There are no absolutes (except maybe in mathematics) so all knowledge is incremental and based on considering other points of view and having your own opinion challenged. You shouldn't fear being challenged. Rather thrive in it to learn more.

But then that's just my opinion. Please challenge it.
Thanks for the input - but no thanks - no need to challenge your view.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Des, you broke our hearts in October 2011 and the mess that you left! Now please redeem yourself and give us your expertise and stabilise our club that badly needs some discipline and structure.

The circumstances of 2011 made many of us including me angry with what you did and how you were seduced by that slimeball Greenturd!!!

I am prepared to forgive as a lot of time has gone by and we are in a desperate state right now.

Dear owners, please pay out Barrett so we get a clean break, the dysfunction has to end NOW!!!

manly al

First Grader
Hi - sorry I only just saw this - I was a Redcliffe junior - Qld High schools rep - played A grade for Redcliffe, Wests and Norths. Certainly was not talented but could and would tackle anything that moved - was a 78kg wringing wet lock back in the day lol.
Thanks for the response , i used to follow the Brisbane i st grade club scene , particularly pre Bronco days and good to see that you had the opportunity to play in an era there where the comp was still of a fairly high and competitive standard . Actually was a quite keen supporter of the Wests Panthers , my second favorite League team after Manly and used to watch all of the televised Brizy league games back in the day , so no doubt would have seen you go around occasionally . Didn "t actually play in the Brisbane comp my self but played for many years in the local club comp around Mackay and in the old N Q inter city rep scene and played with and against numerous previous or past Brisbane comp i st grade and rep players and no doubt also quite a few of your ex team mates and opponents back in the day who ventured north for whatever reason to play footy . It can be a small world sometimes ..Hard working and good cover defending locks were of real good value to their respective sides back in the day and you seem to have fitted that classification . And what a great junior nursery the Redcliffe Dolphins have had and continue to have .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14