It’s official - refs are right, everyone else who watched the game was wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
In other refereeing talking points from the weekend, Sutton said the off-side ruling against Joel Thompson in Manly's match against Melbourne was correct, with the ball travelling forward off Trent Hodkinson to Thompson, who then played at the ball.

“So it was a correct decision to award a penalty to the Storm,” he said.

He also adjudged a pass leading up to a try to Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu as legal despite protests from Manly.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...in-awarding-roosters-try-20180716-p4zrsa.html

Got no problem with the offside , that was the correct ruling, just incredibly unlucky. I can accept the forward pass even though it annoys me that the linesman was right there and they just do nothing but I'm most pissed off about the obstruction, they have a hard n fast rule about stopping in the line, which the lead runner did. We have had many tries taken off us this year for that exact infringement

In other refereeing talking points from the weekend, Sutton said the off-side ruling against Joel Thompson in Manly's match against Melbourne was correct, with the ball travelling forward off Trent Hodkinson to Thompson, who then played at the ball.

“So it was a correct decision to award a penalty to the Storm,” he said.

He also adjudged a pass leading up to a try to Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu as legal despite protests from Manly.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...in-awarding-roosters-try-20180716-p4zrsa.html

Good news is we have signed Trent Robinson which will make a few happy

Yeah the stopping in the line one dumbfounded me. And the voice over at the ground from the wanker in the bunker clearly stated that the decoy runner went through the line untouched. Its just not true!! The decoy runner very clearly stopped IN the line.

One of the things that I’ve noticed (and it’s been going on for ages lol) is when you’re watching the game the camera focus is close enough that you cannot see if the defending team is off side or not. It’s a little irritating because you simply don’t know if it’s great line speed or a head start..

One of the things that I’ve noticed (and it’s been going on for ages lol) is when you’re watching the game the camera focus is close enough that you cannot see if the defending team is off side or not. It’s a little irritating because you simply don’t know if it’s great line speed or a head start..

... also noticed that .... it would be deliberate, and as instructed by the thought police ......

I’m still not convinced the ruling on the accidental off side was fair and just.

Off his hands and Thommo picked it up, penalty.

Off his head, to me a scrum, feed to the opposition.

Bloody tough way to lose a game you’d have to say!!
If this had happened to one of the NRL's favored teams the ruling would probably (... OK possibly) been the same, but I suspect the NRL would have also come out and recommended that the rule needed an overhaul appease their most important fans.

I’m still not convinced the ruling on the accidental off side was fair and just.

Off his hands and Thommo picked it up, penalty.

Off his head, to me a scrum, feed to the opposition.

Bloody tough way to lose a game you’d have to say!!

For it to be considered far or not fair, we need to ask a simple question.

What if the roles had been reversed- turbo goes up for the ball and it brushes the top of Scotts head and Hoffman picks up the ball?

Would it be penalty to Manly or

Scrum with Manly feed or

Play on?

Play on imo

It was pretty obvious on the weekend that when defending scrums the Storm defensive line was moving as soon as the ball was fed into the scrum. I didn’t see it penalised once. I honestly can’t say if the Manly players were jumping the gun as well but I suspect they would have been penalised if they did.

It is an absolute disgrace. I only expect much of the same, if not worse from here on in. This is war. If any of those in charge, (including those following corrupt orders or cheating of their own free will) ever happened to need my help in a life or death situation as i walked on by, i would politely say hello and wish them all the best as i continued my leisurely stroll whilst whistling Tina Turners song, casually glancing back to witness their suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope for one of the most controversial grand finals in history.
The odds are pretty fair that a monumental officiating screw up has an impact on the Grand Final result. Unfortunately, the script has already been written, and barring some sort of natural disaster, Scam and Billy will got the “fairytale” GF win, with Scam getting MOTM. The game will be steered their way in the same way that these games have been influenced all year, and there’s a half chance they may retire after they win it. You’re also talking Dally M’s for them both... Dally M hooker will be Scam, Fullback will be Studs Up, Halfback will be Thurston, and one of those three will be Dally M player of the year.

Throw ya house on it. But please, gamble responsibly!

They just keep on exposing how out of touch with the game they are. When the sandcastle they’ve built comes a tumbling on down, whoever gets the job of fixing the mess, will have one monumental pile of sh1t to wade through.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10