It’s official... Des can coach....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Bit tongue in cheek!!

on a serious not though great move by Des with the team line up for this week against the eels..
Most had the Shoe to 6 but if Des did do that I think it would have put the team out of balance and possibly put too much pressure on Shuster who may have over played his hand .. Cust at 6 means minimal changes to an inform side, Hes also playing well, .Saddler brings some angry man attitude against the eels pack, he can also go to 2nd row if cust goes to hooker covering for Croker With Shoe to 5/8, Suli can cover wing, Center and edge back row and has the body shape and foot speed to be a handful in the middle.. main point though minimal changes with lots of options.. I’m really keen to see shuster with some first grade confidence as he has now at 5/8 But hats off to Des.., you can coach! Who knew

Last edited:
Better to keep Josh in the back row for a range of reasons , probably only other option was Keppie on an edge and that would have disrupted a very effective prop interchange rotation right now , Not to say that Josh could not slot in well in the 6 role , just more of an advantage for team balance to stay in the back row and ongoing i would certainly expect also . Have to hope that Cade is on the improvement trajectory , has tended to take some wrong options against the better organized defences but think that he can measure up if the rest of the team are doing their jobs again and should benefit with Tom being in such good form at the back . Still an advocate of Walker as a 6 if Foz is not available but that won"t be happening in the short term and just have to have some faith that Cade can do a decent job on Sunday .interesting bench , think that Suli can make his presence felt if used properly in a type of game expected against the Eels .Saddler with some controlled aggression can do O K , as long as that is how he approaches the game

Zac has been playing back row in reggies and will be 2nd row rotation and forwards cover... we already have 4 props.
I think Des would prefer Keppie (played edge for a few weeks already), and Taupau (covered that left edge last week) before Saddler. Zac played 13 for reggies

Better to keep Josh in the back row for a range of reasons , probably only other option was Keppie on an edge and that would have disrupted a very effective prop interchange rotation right now , Not to say that Josh could not slot in well in the 6 role , just more of an advantage for team balance to stay in the back row and ongoing i would certainly expect also . Have to hope that Cade is on the improvement trajectory , has tended to take some wrong options against the better organized defences but think that he can measure up if the rest of the team are doing their jobs again and should benefit with Tom being in such good form at the back . Still an advocate of Walker as a 6 if Foz is not available but that won"t be happening in the short term and just have to have some faith that Cade can do a decent job on Sunday .interesting bench , think that Suli can make his presence felt if used properly in a type of game expected against the Eels .Saddler with some controlled aggression can do O K , as long as that is how he approaches the game
Cade did tremendously well at 6 in his debut season before he was injured (2019) - he'll be pumped for the opportunity. Schuster should definitely be kept as our starting 2nd rower, even if we have a fully fit roster. Turned out to be a masterstroke, as now we have a multi-pronged attack. Once Fainu/Lawton are fit and firing, and Turbo hopefully stays on the park, manly could turn out to be the NRL's attacking juggernaut! Still think Parker is the weak link (and even though he gets praise for his defence, I was not impressed with some of his reads this year, and his back-tracking against opposition set plays - a handy back-up at best)

Cade did tremendously well at 6 in his debut season before he was injured (2019) - he'll be pumped for the opportunity. Schuster should definitely be kept as our starting 2nd rower, even if we have a fully fit roster. Turned out to be a masterstroke, as now we have a multi-pronged attack. Once Fainu/Lawton are fit and firing, and Turbo hopefully stays on the park, manly could turn out to be the NRL's attacking juggernaut! Still think Parker is the weak link (and even though he gets praise for his defence, I was not impressed with some of his reads this year, and his back-tracking against opposition set plays - a handy back-up at best)
Brad actually seems to have reasonable games against the Eels , certainly hope that it is the case on Sunday . Eels have an emerging player at 6 also and fair chance that Cade can outplay him , well again certainly hope so

I'll guarantee Jakob Arthur is also thrilled to be up against Con rather than The Shoe.
Arthur would have gone through the juniors knowing how good The Shoe was/is.
I hope DESpicable's selection does pay dividends, but it's not what I would have done.

I'll guarantee Jakob Arthur is also thrilled to be up against Con rather than The Shoe.
Arthur would have gone through the juniors knowing how good The Shoe was/is.
I hope DESpicable's selection does pay dividends, but it's not what I would have done.

My sketchy memory tells me that the last full game Cust played was early last year at 5/8th .. and got man of the match ... only to inexplicably never play there again ... this return by Cust has been a long time coming and I hope he is fired up to make the most of it ..

The team being successful and looking balanced over the last month has resulted in few selections options available to Des this week. I am really pleased that the youngsters have been given an opportunity to impress and have made made a fist of it. The coach has noticed and his selections are rewarding their effort and success. We continue to learn during our life and careers regardless of our previous success. The moment you think you know it all is the moment you start falling behind. Past success alone is not enough to bring future success. So Des has had great success as a coach historically, and whilst he continues to learn and evolve he will stay at the top of the game. That's more like it Des!

Des does not panic. Compare him with Kevin Walters who drops and promotes people up and down like a bride’s nightie.

Sometimes players need time, pick and stick, like Croker who has surprised the hell out of me. He is solid these days but needed a few games at 9 first. Also Keppie a good case.

Des does not panic. Compare him with Kevin Walters who drops and promotes people up and down like a bride’s nightie.

Sometimes players need time, pick and stick, like Croker who has surprised the hell out of me. He is solid these days but needed a few games at 9 first. Also Keppie a good case.

Oh please. If it weren't for injuries Des would still be picking Suli at centre, Jorge on the wing, Sirro and Jetski as the 2nd rowers.
Des seems to be the only person that thinks Croker is better than Cust at hooker.

Only due to injuries does Manly have a better team, not through great team selections by Des..

My sketchy memory tells me that the last full game Cust played was early last year at 5/8th .. and got man of the match ... only to inexplicably never play there again ... this return by Cust has been a long time coming and I hope he is fired up to make the most of it ..
Getting MOTM seemed to be a poisoned chalice last year for some fringe players. Guacamole says Hi.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8