1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't our alternate jersey up for renewal?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagles2win, Sep 28, 2012.

1. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Next season?

From memory this season was the 3rd year (NRL rules)

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Second, but I've heard its 2 years for alternates..

3. NFN2IT

NFN2IT Active Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    I think we need a new home jersey, not a big fan of the design. Last years home jersey was an awesome design

4. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    Agree, I'm not keen on the this years jersey. I would like to see them back off on the sponsorship, too big, I can hardly see the Manly emblem anymore. I like how the AFL do sponsership, a little on the jersey, a lot off field, interviews etc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I loved the Diabetes round jersey. Wouldn't mind seeing that more.

6. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I wish we could still buy the Diabetes jersey.. didn't buy it during the week of the game because.. well I'm an unemployed full-time student.. but family wanted to give me one for Christmas and now can't.. heard there are some at the outlet but haven't had the chance to drive from North-West Sydney over..

7. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    The only thing I don't like about this years home jersey is how Canberra and the Roosters have the same design. Its just lazy and unoriginal from the designers!

8. Nuttybott

Nuttybott Active Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 1
    I don't know about a "new" home jersey...every time a change is due, I keep hoping that we will go back to the "classic" Manly jersey. You know, the famous one with the twin sets of hoops that we wore between 1968 and 1992. That will always be the REAL Manly jersey for me.

And if we ever DO go back to that design, I would like to see it enshrined in the club's constitution as the Manly jersey FOREVER, so that it becomes as indelible a part of our club's identity as St George's red 'V' is to them, or Souths' red and green hoops are to the Rabbitohs...

9. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I'm of the opinion that we may have kept the 'classic' jersey (if you want to call it that - we did play in a jersey that resembles what we are playing in at the moment as in a chevron in our inception)

Love to see some of what the designers come up with for the alternate though.
    As long as it doesn't look like a french rugby union club jersey I'll be happy.

10. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    I think Illawarra just got a new home jersey? Lots of people in Sydney walking around in an unfamiliar red and white jersey. Wake up saints fans you missed the 8! God knows why they're out in force today of all days.

11. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    did they say sydney swans on them?

wait...that's what u meant wasn't it.

sheesh

look out...thread shall be moooooooved!

fight the power

12. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    @[globaleagle]

The "GO THE SWANS!" thread was moved to the "General Discussion" forum as it had no place in the "Rugby League" forum :p

Oh, at least I left a link for the thread in the League forum thread list for you :D

13. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Hang on, no wonder they had no idea about hornby and soward!

14. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    But I was talking about the saskatchewan (canada) rugby league team, the swans!

*cough*

All good! :D

cheers!

@[Jethro]