Is Tom's best position fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Turbo could have learnt an absolute truck load from Snake last year when he was still under contract and earning big money from MWSE. Imagine Snake as his personal tutor coming into Narrabeen a few times per week to run through positional plays, defensive reads, attacking lines etc. Instead all this knowledge walked out the door in 2016 and Turbo has stagnated.

Iv been a fan of Tom since day one, but the more I see the more he looks like a centre to me. And a good one.

We have a fair few backs off contract, id be purchasing a fb and shifting him.
The reality is that we're paying Tom around 8-900, 000 a season, which is money for an elite fullback, if we shift him to centre we still need a classy fullback which will cost almost as much, centres cost around half the money.

“His defense is below average and his positional play hasn't improved in 3 seasons” not criticism! Please to see you backing away from these ridiculous comments.

Not backing away from those comments. Hardly putting the boot in and pretty strong reaction from turbo1 for such a minor observation. Still one of our best 3 players but his game has stagnated defensively especially with his positioning on kicks. We are exposed there time and again year after year since Snake left.

Not backing away from those comments. Hardly putting the boot in and pretty strong reaction from turbo1 for such a minor observation. Still one of our best 3 players but his game has stagnated defensively especially with his positioning on kicks. We are exposed there time and again year after year since Snake left.
Tom is only 21, When Snake left he in his 30s stop comparing the pair.

Tom is only 21, When Snake left he in his 30s stop comparing the pair.

Yes stop comparing our last 2 fullbacks. Makes sense. Nothing in common! Why would anyone in their right mind compare them?

Why the arbitrary age selection though?

Here's a comparison:

In his 4th season Snake was 22 and made a GF. He was already a major talent defensively.

Turbo is in his 4th season and is 21 and won't go anywhere near a GF for many many years, unless the Roosters poach him.

Yes stop comparing our last 2 fullbacks. Makes sense. Nothing in common! Why would anyone in their right mind compare them?

Why the arbitrary age selection though?

Here's a comparison:

In his 4th season Snake was 22 and made a GF. He was already a major talent defensively.

Turbo is in his 4th season and is 21 and won't go anywhere near a GF for many many years, unless the Roosters poach him.
This is a dumb comparison and i dont wish to continue debating this when one player is in a rebuild team while the other sat in an established team full of legends.

turbo.jpg

Going against the grain of "we are ****e" posts for a minute. Is Turbo even really a fullback? His defense is below average and his positional play hasn't improved in 3 seasons. I'm starting to wonder if it's not even his best position.
Tom is a great fullback . Andrew Johns has said he is on of the best he has seen . We all have seen Tom at his dynamic best . Tom is such a great player with all the natural attributes that he can play well at any position .
When a team is struggling players also catch the struggling virus and its up to DR Barrett to give the players and our team roster a boost and get them going again .

Poor Tommy did have a shocker and sadly it just wasn't his day. He needs to work on his mental strength and learn to recover from errors quickly and get his head back into the game. Sadly our spine is missing a first grade 5/8 and Tommy doesn't have the luxury of just running holes he is trying too hard trying to create opportunities for others. I wish we had Maloney but we don't. We do however have Hastings but whilst TB is making the decisions it looks he won't play. TB might not be making the decisions for as long as he might like.

Fullback is the only position that allows the opportunity for 90% of Tom's attacking raids ..... he needs to be able to chime in on the left, on the right and up the middle off Jake or Api.

No other position gives him this freedom of movement in attack. Move him to centre and you will eliminate 66% of his attack.

Until he takes up his predestined position of 2nd row, we will need to just settle for a less than perfect defensive fullback.

he really should have thrown himself in front of Niguama instead of the belly slap not sure he has the physique for that aspect of last defender ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10