1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Matai availabe for NZ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    I don't recall Skivvy playing tests for NZ in recent times, has he retired or just not selected? I like seeing our players recognized with rep honours and if NZ have 1 (let alone 2) centres better than him than I'll let Skivvy shoulder charge me.

Seriously what is up with Skivvy lately? He has just blossomed into the form centre of the game (behind Killer of course who is the King of Centres). The big plus has been his ability to put his winger away, which was lacking in years gone by. But his year and last he really has been superb at it.

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I think he was injured for last years anzac test. And in the world cup he nominated for Samoa but again pulled out with injury.

Not sure if he is "available" for the Kiwis this time around or not. Certainly in good form.

3. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Since he played junior footy in Queensland he actually is eligible for Queensland state of origin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Pretty sure he is Samoa only now

May be a big call here, but he is going that well he is outplaying Lyon so far this season

5. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    Yeh I actually would agree with that. Killer isn't playing bad, it's just not quite happening for him or the right sided attack.

The left sided attack just seems so fluid at the moment. Taufau could have scored 5 today!

6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Kearney hates him and Skivi is resigned to that part of footy being shut to him. They have plenty of centers, especially now that they've labeled Hiku as a center too. :cool:

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Easts will struggle to fill a team when the NZ team plays.
    Parra must be grateful there is no Fijian Test match this season!

8. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    It's a bye weekend isn't it?

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Skivvy has advised that he does not wish to be considered for selection in the same way as Jamie has excluded himself from SOO.

10. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    I hope Skivvy's nose / cheekbones are ok. ? There was alot of blood coming out yesterday and was thinking maybe it was a broken nose, or more than that ? Any further info anyone ?>

11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Fiji are playing Samoa the same weekend that Australia plays New Zealand and City/Country

12. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Very similar to the start of last year. We played almost exclusively to Matai's side in the early part of the season and it was the return of Gift from injury and it seemed all the ball went to the other side and then Killer was on fire at the backend of the season. Not sure if this year will follow the same pattern, but I would like to see a lot more even spread of the ball. We are one of the few teams who are dangerous going right to left and left to right.