Is Jaxson Paulo a starter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hot tip.... don't be suprised if Young Hoppa is playing first grade before seasons end.. either on the wing or at centre
He's killing it at centre in NSW cup.. and he can defend..
Your old enough if your good enough and he looks good.
Definitely think he is a talent, does the simple things very well and looks classy.

He looks a similar build to Turbo at that age, when you think of the players that are currently in front of him in Talua, Ray & Paulo they are not as easy on the eye as Hoppa.

His current form and skill set has him in front of those three for me.

I would honestly hate to be an NRL winger.

You're expected to be faster than everyone else and score 10 tries a game (and you're considered out of form if you haven't scored in 3 or 4 games). You're expected to take early tackle count hit ups and you're expected to have the skills of an AFL player when catching a high kick. And on the flip side if any tries are scored down your side, its often the winger who gets the blame, the whole blame and nothing but the blame, especially from the fans.

I'm glad I was a front rower in my younger days. We just had to hit up and tackle lol.

Personally I'm not a fan of his body language. I know they've been some very cool cats who were also stars but he just doesn't look invested to me. The reality is a winger these days needs either elite speed or strength - ideally both. Jaxson appears to have neither in spades. Surely we can do better. To be a genuine top 4 team consistently your wingers need to be guns. Go Manly

Personally I'm not a fan of his body language. I know they've been some very cool cats who were also stars but he just doesn't look invested to me. The reality is a winger these days needs either elite speed or strength - ideally both. Jaxson appears to have neither in spades. Surely we can do better. To be a genuine top 4 team consistently your wingers need to be guns. Go Manly

He honestly looks like he spends the hours before the game smoking a Dutchie.

Looks are deceptive though. I don't think the defence was all down to him on our right side while he has (since and including in Vegas) come up with some good runs infield that have resulted in tries.

I was a little a little suprised at 1 moment in Sundays game
Manly had their left edge in tatters and Garrick had just made that run burning them down that wing
Anyways a few minutes later Manly shift to get another overlap and Garrick feeds Paulo the ball with no one in front of him
He was approx 10 metres in with plenty of space and I was thinking "cya later" , but he didn't back himself at all and just cut back in like a winger who is on the slower side....maybe seen it wrong but I just wanna see him use his speed as he is known as a pretty quick player
Maybe being harsh or maybe just playing it safe but have seen a few times now where he has room but cuts in very early

I was a little a little suprised at 1 moment in Sundays game
Manly had their left edge in tatters and Garrick had just made that run burning them down that wing
Anyways a few minutes later Manly shift to get another overlap and Garrick feeds Paulo the ball with no one in front of him
He was approx 10 metres in with plenty of space and I was thinking "cya later" , but he didn't back himself at all and just cut back in like a winger who is on the slower side....maybe seen it wrong but I just wanna see him use his speed as he is known as a pretty quick player
Maybe being harsh or maybe just playing it safe but have seen a few times now where he has room but cuts in very early
Yeah I saw that but actually thought he was covered and came in rather than getting bundled into touch. Thought it was touch n go and Jacko took the conservative route.

Yeah I saw that but actually thought he was covered and came in rather than getting bundled into touch. Thought it was touch n go and Jacko took the conservative route.
Your probably right, I was pretty excited at the time and expectations were maybe a tad high.....I think your assessment is the in the "reality " of how it played out
Another part pi""ed me off, we were red hot on attack 10m out and Paulo done well to stay in and was held.
The Eels bloke then shoved him out obviously after the tackle was completed and I think here's an obvious penalty....but they gave the Eels a scrum 🤬
Anyways I gotta move on, we learned a hard lesson and I think this teams got the attitude to bounce back

Your probably right, I was pretty excited at the time and expectations were maybe a tad high.....I think your assessment is the in the "reality " of how it played out
Another part pi""ed me off, we were red hot on attack 10m out and Paulo done well to stay in and was held.
The Eels bloke then shoved him out obviously after the tackle was completed and I think here's an obvious penalty....but they gave the Eels a scrum 🤬
Anyways I gotta move on, we learned a hard lesson and I think this teams got the attitude to bounce back
To be honest, I was livid with Jason on that one. I assume he played that for the penalty because he was pushed over way too easily and showed zero urgency to stay in.

He honestly looks like he spends the hours before the game smoking a Dutchie.

Looks are deceptive though. I don't think the defence was all down to him on our right side while he has (since and including in Vegas) come up with some good runs infield that have resulted in tries.
need to slip him some Pervitin before every match :eek:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8