Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
turbo playing busted (yet again) sucks, but it’s the complete uselessness around him that’s making us look as bad as we do..
I’ve been saying it for years.. and years.. and years now.:
We won’t win a comp with players like Harper, Parker, croker, paseka,Saab,alioai in the team…

And all anyone can ever say is
“But 2021 we almost made the gf… 2021 they looked great, 2021 this, 2021 that..
Facts are.. 2020 we were garbage, 2021 tom played to a level we will never , ever see from him again, 2022 we played garbage, 2023 will likely go the same way as 2020, and 2022…
this roster needs an overhaul.. it’s long overdue… and thinking weekes, koula and schuster are going to magically fix all the issues we have is crazy..
But.. what do I know.. only been arguing the same s&@t for the last 4 years…

Im of the opinion that the coverage surrounding his rehab , would have put more pressure on him mentally. It was a stupid ploy for the club to make a documentary out of his rehab.
It was a Justin Pascoe-like move. Maybe Jussy. has been providing some strategic guidance to the inmates at the Entre of Sexcellence?

Last edited:
He's a shadow of his former self. I don't think he will ever live up to 2021 standards.
Why would you let him play if he's not fully fit? He was a liability out there last night as were the other 12 or so players. Every time he runs the ball I'm expecting him to injure himself.

Does he? When have you seen him play for BWSE? And when have you seen a proper hooker play for Manly in firsts.
I remember a team going alright with Brendan Elliot at fullback with manase fainu at hooker in 2019 and a couple of centres with some decent pace like Dylan Walker and Bryan Kelly.

Don't throw the baby out with the hath water, the fish rots from the head, and unfortunately in modern rugby league that's hooker - something we haven't addressed since manase got stabby and des thought he could paper over our centres.
Did i say that Weekes had played for BWSE? Or did I say he looks better than those in that BWSE backline? And yes, he does, thanks for asking.

Last edited:
And all the Croker lovers get validated every time they turn on the TV and hear an 'expert' say something about him like "he adds so much to this manly team with his defence".

They're literally grasping at anything to say. And that's their job.

He is the seventeenth best hooker in the game. Look what happened to the dolphins when Marshal King came back.

Penrith have players running onto the advantage line because their hooker's bring them on and make the defence make decisions.
Croker is concentrating on making a ball catchable.which is what happens when you spend your youth in Canberra with that surname playing the sexiest position, 5/8, on the field and never having to bend your back to pick up a ball. Yeah he can tackle and yeah he came back from adversity big ****ing deal. Francis Nganou had to cross the Sahra in the back of a Hilux with thirty people with his one hand hold cramping for thirty-six hours watching women throw their babies off because the cramping was too much to hear (you let go you fall you die)throw himself over Twelve metre high razor wire fence with a horde of other immigrants eleven failed times to get into Spain, eat his meagre money made from shovelling salt from the age of ten and then pick it out of his crap when border guards looted his illegal refugee camps, then finally swim to Spain on a blow up boat while other people dropped off and drowned. Then he was imprisoned for three months before sleeping on the streets in France for a year and learning to fight, but Froggy had an NRL contract and recovery and surgery paid for and came back from a couple of reco's so we shouldn't pension him off to a well paying comfortable gig in England and let a clearly better player take his spot.

Water weed dune hair?
That, my friend, is a quality rant. Had my wife in stitches when I read it out aloud. And we now know who Francis Ngannou is.

Did i say that Weekes had played for BWSE? Or did I say he looks better than those in that BWSE backline? And yes, he does, thanks for asking.
Settle down pet! Did I say you wrote that you had seen Weekes play for Blacktown? I enquired as to whether you had because you stated Kaeo Weekes looks better than anyone playing in the Blacktown worker's backline and to make such a comparison lead me to the assumption that a comparison had been made upon your primary stated variable, in the hypothesis YOU posited for discussion in this public forum.

Finish your weet bix kid, you'll play better with others on a full stomach.

That, my friend, is a quality rant. Had my wife in stitches when I read it out aloud. And we now know who Francis Ngannou is.
Nicest guy you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.

This is a good YouTube doc if you've got twenty odd minutes on an Easter Sunday. It's incredible what editors can do now with freely available footage.

Francis has left the UFC over union concerns like medical concerns and heal care the UFC won't commit to because they're shonky pricks who pay something like 18 percent revenue back as fighter salary. NBA and NFL is closer to fifty percent. Not sure what NRL is. Anyway he's about to get a hundred mill for his next fight. Not bad for someone who only found out who Mike Tyson was ten years ago via you tube and that you could make money fighting instead of shovelling sand.

If these NRL players think they have overcome adversity they need to look at some of the Brazilians who come out of the favellas or the freaking dagestanis. I know it's all relative but sometimes I get sick of NRL players in this country talking about how hard they do it.

Last edited:
turbo playing busted (yet again) sucks, but it’s the complete uselessness around him that’s making us look as bad as we do..
I’ve been saying it for years.. and years.. and years now.:
We won’t win a comp with players like Harper, Parker, croker, paseka,Saab,alioai in the team…

And all anyone can ever say is
“But 2021 we almost made the gf… 2021 they looked great, 2021 this, 2021 that..
Facts are.. 2020 we were garbage, 2021 tom played to a level we will never , ever see from him again, 2022 we played garbage, 2023 will likely go the same way as 2020, and 2022…
this roster needs an overhaul.. it’s long overdue… and thinking weekes, koula and schuster are going to magically fix all the issues we have is crazy..
But.. what do I know.. only been arguing the same s&@t for the last 4 years…
Mate we keep re-signing these plodders. Parker, Harper, Croker, Keppie, Aloha, Boyle. FMD not one of them should've been re-signed.

Trbojevic
Saab
Koula injured ???
Parker???..should be Myers but he is not in the 30
Garrick
Schuster maybe tom porcelain 2.0 in the making L Fainu seems to be injured a fair bit to so ???
Dce???..Should be J Humphreys
J Trbojevic time is running out
Croker???..should be Gordo T
Paseka
Olakau’atu
Tuilagi
???

Weekes
Aloiai
S Fainu
Bullemor

To many question marks to be a successful team..fix these ongoing issues along with problems with our depth then we will be heading in a better direction but until then more stress to come

Remember not so long ago when we had Dylan Walker and Bryan Kelly in the centres and worried about Kelly's defence. That was a problem to have.

Hardly the worst performed Manly player last night and hopefully if not a serious type injury , of course he can bounce back . Enough good touches in the opening rounds to show that he still has the class , No idea how or when his injury problem occurred , totally frustrating but just have to move on and to anticipate some improvement ongoing ,

Seems a bit harsh on D C E and Keppie in some sentiments here . Without some of D C E "s i st half 's covering efforts , Panthers probably would have got 2 more tries . Definitely did not lack commitment . Keppie 's good go forward and involvement in his stints was one of the bright spots. . Really miss Koula especially in defence and Schuster would have added more even with that 27 % i st half possession

Seems a bit harsh on D C E and Keppie in some sentiments here . Without some of D C E "s i st half 's covering efforts , Panthers probably would have got 2 more tries . Definitely did not lack commitment . Keppie 's good go forward and involvement in his stints was one of the bright spots. . Really miss Koula especially in defence and Schuster would have added more even with that 27 % i st half possession

Agree. Everyone on here may have different options on DCE. But I’d much prefer people like him and Jake. Who sometimes try to hard.

Than the other option.

Depending on fitness, perhaps Woods is promoted to the bench, along with Condon (who looks like another Davey type) and they drop Kelma and Louise Tuilagi?

Move Turbo on? Yeah No. No. No.

Is the real question here should the club continue to allow Turbo to take the field when he can't run? Paps isn't back taking tackles.

Is fullback now the most important position on the field these days? Can a team afford to have a bloke that can only jog playing that spot?

Toby certainly put some case forward yesterday. He is that dominant on field director in reserves, yelling at forwards and where he wants them.

When's the last time you seen that on field director in the top grade?

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14