Interest Rate Rise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Today marks the 12th straight interest rate rise for Australia, and in particular it will effect mostly those with a mortgage. I notice a flurry of posts looking to stick a knife where anything negative about the new government is in the press. Face the facts. Johnny and his mob completely and utterly made a total mess of the economy with their fiscal policies over the last three years.

Gigantic tax breaks to those on the top dollars has seen a huge increase in discretionary spending from this group with  a resultant $600 Billion National Accountant Deficit. Sorry, Kevin isn't responsible after 100 days. It stems back to irresponsible policies over a long time from the group that promised they knew how to run the shop.

Stop bleating and realise that the most fiscally responsible of the two parties now has the reigns. All they need to do is by some miracle clean up the mess and the legacy that the Howard government has left us.

:p

Kevvie disagrees with you MB

Rate hike is my responsibility: Rudd

KEVIN Rudd says he "takes responsibility" for today's interest rate rise as he hinted at pension reforms to boost national savings.

"We take responsibility for the management of the economy,'' Mr Rudd said.

"I am prime minister of the country, I take responsibility for the good news and the bad news and this is bad news.''

Kevvie has also said that he will deliver the $31b worth of tax cuts he promised pre election. 

This will only fuel inflation further leading to more interest rate increases.  If he delivers the tax cuts then he is just as F**ked as the previous government.

yeah he takes responsibility because he is a good leader and doesn't run from anything. The reality is though that despite what he says as a good leader, the Howard government is responsible for the situation we are in.

They thought they could win everyone over by flashing the cash and making people hold the illusion that they had money they didn't.

Good riddance. Rudd will ride this out clean it up and all is good. This has been a positive and strong start to their leadership and for the first time in a long time I feel like I am being represented by my government rather than being part of a dictatorship.

Whether you are a Liberal or a Labor voter, you have to respect Kevin Rudd and his leadership thus far

Wrong Dan, we dont HAVE TO do any such thing. The jury is still well and truly out on KRudd still, until he actually does something tangible I am holding my judgement. I sincerely hope you are correct in the long term, but as yet he has done nothing.

And Please don't hold Kyoto and the apology up as tangible things, it is politics by symbolism and of that he is an absolute expert.

I realise he hasnt had the chance to fix anything yet, and hopefully he will start doing somethign soon, other than appointing yet another committee to look at something.

Fro link said:
Wrong Dan, we dont HAVE TO do any such thing. The jury is still well and truly out on KRudd still, until he actually does something tangible I am holding my judgement. I sincerely hope you are correct in the long term, but as yet he has done nothing.

And Please don't hold Kyoto and the apology up as tangible things, it is politics by symbolism and of that he is an absolute expert.

I realise he hasnt had the chance to fix anything yet, and hopefully he will start doing somethign soon, other than appointing yet another committee to look at something.

Sometimes Fro, you read too much into things.

I meant in reference to him sticking thus far to his election promises, something that has not really been much of a trend in the past.
They did their homework in regards to national sentiment and current culture and have played to it pretty well.

You have to respect a politician that pretty strongly has stuck to what was promised, i know that they are pushing to rush their promises out of the way so they can get down to the business of actually running a government, but it sure is a breath of fresh air from Little "lie through my teeth" Johnny

Dan link said:
Whether you are a Liberal or a Labor voter, you have to respect Kevin Rudd and his leadership thus far

How was I reading too much into it?

I respect people who earn that respect, and thus far he hasn't. I am not saying he won't.

But yes it is a little different to the previous Govt.

When was Howard ever magnamonious?

Quite interesting to see the approval ratings despite the rate rises.  Seems the bulk of the population are able to see beyong the empty posturing on knuckleheads like Piers Ackerman.

Too bad Byso hasn't twigged yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10