1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interchange

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    It's been bugging me in the last few hours that Tooves is a top coach but for some reason he doesn't seem to interchange players right
    Last nite the 1st replacement was Kite went off and Buhrer on
    Why replace a big bopper with a small bloke (no offence to Buhrer )
    Really should have put Gower or Rose on
    We seemed to lose a bit of go forward then
    Also later with the game in the balance Choc comes off as well

I think Tooves relies too much on his 1-13 and not enough on his other big guys sitting there

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
  3. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I was hoping Gower might have 15 minutes at the end to maybe get some 2nd phase ball away but not to be. Will Buhrer be in the 17 next year?

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    Agree. There is no use having 17 players when one only plays for three minutes.

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I agree to certain extent. As for will Buhrer be in the 17 next year, of course he will be, he is class.

6. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    Prop rotation was always going to hurt us. With a fit Ritchie, Joe and Georgey in great form we would have been able to maintain the early momentum.

It was a brave effort. It isnt like the interchange strategy was any different to throughout the year.

7. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    You've got to have 17 guys running hard over 80 minutes, if you are using only 16 you are not taking full advantage of the numbers.

8. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Thought Rose came on for Kite? Did BJ come off in the first half? I thought Buhrer came on for Horo.

As I won't watch the match again, I'm relying on memory.

9. sweetest g

sweetest g Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    dear darren you have no idear about the game. go get todays paper look at his stats and his player ratings but more importantly watch the game again before you say silly things like that
    [hr]
    Buhrer was yhe best of our bench

10. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I mean will we look at another mobile option in 2014? With Chee Kam, Jake T and Sao possibly stepping up into the bench will Hiku play that role?

11. God

God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 10
    I thought if the game plan was to use gower as little as we did it was silly not to take Hiku in as cover for Brett who came in under an injury cloud and needed to be replaced in that second half as he obviously had hamstring issues and couldn't run freely, the use and make up of the bench has made little sense - we carry too many second rowers.

12. sweetest g

sweetest g Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    To even suggest will buhrer be part of our 17 next year is just a dumb thing to say

13. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    I thought it was poor. Gower, Symonds, Rose barely played, while Buhrer played front rower's type minutes.