1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intercept Tries

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Class of 96, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Class of 96

Class of 96 Active Member

Pottsville
    Ratings:
    +115 / 4
    Is it just me that thinks we concede more intercept tries than any other team when kicking across field to the right-side tryline in late tackle count attacking moves. Seems to being happening too often this season. Perhaps the kicks need to be accompanied by a sliding right-side attack for cover when Lyon and Wolfie are committing to the kick and the pill spills.

2. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    yeah, just you i think mate?

3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,834 / 103
    Agreed. We have been hurt several times this season.

I also get nerous when the bomb goes up to Jorge's wing.

4. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    most teams have players that easily out jump our players, I don't know why we insist on kicking across field bombs, 9 times out of 10 the result goes against us

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We need Izzy to coach Manly in AFL skills ASAP :p

6. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    I wouldn't say we concede more than any other team, it depends who you're kicking for - eg if it's a kick intended for Snake it stands to reason that we'll have no-one back in cover so if the opposition get a clean pick-up we can be found wanting. But that kind of goes for most other teams too.

7. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Defending opposition kicks has improved big time with Taufua now leaving the ground & getting more protection- obviously addressed at training.
    That sensational try with the Titans winger flying high & twisting to score should never, ever happen. Unsure how defensive teams are not letting the attacking jumper get the ball & smash him in mid air which is totally legal when defending. The odd freakish Inglis/Lyon try will still be scored but majority should be handled better imo.
    Back to the point those runaways are frustrating, recall Cronulla & now Titans let back into the match on the back of these 10 - 12 point plays.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Class of 96

Class of 96 Active Member

Pottsville
    Ratings:
    +115 / 4
    Think the chooks may have also scored against us in similar circumstances. Also recall it happening too often last year. Aside from the Tits and Tigs, it has also been a case of surrendering massive field position on many occasions.

9. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Should just go for the field goal at all times

Get the point and ball back for another set of 6.

10. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    This is what makes rugby yawnion SO Exciting...