Inspirational - the making of Keppie, Cust and Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

NYEagle

Bencher
I just finished watching the game having blocked it out due to a family function.

Key observation: Newcastle and their penny pinching forwards don't have a fraction of the heart, guts, spirit and toughness of this Manly team. Sure they stole a couple of two points wins but they can get stuffed, they are bunch of nothings in my eyes.

So proud of this team. Absolutely bashed them tonight, and it was only a touch of bad luck (as usual) and inexperience that cost them in the end.

Some observations:

1. The making of Keppie tonight. This kid will beneefit massively from this, and will be a monster in years to come.
  2. Cust was inspirational with his courage and will just as much grow as a player that Manly will benefit from in the future. Tough as teak.
  3. Paseka an absolute beast. Just wait until he is back with Marty and AFB - teams are gonna get smashed.
  4. DCE - what can I say - amazing - just lifted all over the park - what a champion. Pity about his kicking game though, the obvious key moment was giving away the 7 tackle set with 8 minutes to go. It just makes no damn sense kicking it high in that situation. Manly had them gassed and had to pin them within their 10 with a grubber. Oh well, story of the year 2020 that got away.
  5. Jurbo - pure Manly, pure heart, pure class.

If any negatives:

Suli is just not being used right. He will be a superstar if he finds the right way to play, but we wait.
Garrick - just so many errors :( - probably the difference today.

Anyway, I just wanted to say this was an inspirational performance, and this team should be so proud. It wasn't about winning or losing when it comes to that judgement.

Good to hear "Too Late Tommy" will be back against Souths next week. But it is too late. It's not about making the finals any more, it's now about giving the current players more experience so that with a couple of key buys we can give 2021 a big shake.

Proud to be a Manly fan.

NYEagle

I just finished watching the game having blocked it out due to a family function.

Key observation: Newcastle and their penny pinching forwards don't have a fraction of the heart, guts, spirit and toughness of this Manly team. Sure they stole a couple of two points wins but they can get stuffed, they are bunch of nothings in my eyes.

So proud of this team. Absolutely bashed them tonight, and it was only a touch of bad luck (as usual) and inexperience that cost them in the end.

Some observations:

1. The making of Keppie tonight. This kid will beneefit massively from this, and will be a monster in years to come.
  2. Cust was inspirational with his courage and will just as much grow as a player that Manly will benefit from in the future. Tough as teak.
  3. Paseka an absolute beast. Just wait until he is back with Marty and AFB - teams are gonna get smashed.
  4. DCE - what can I say - amazing - just lifted all over the park - what a champion. Pity about his kicking game though, the obvious key moment was giving away the 7 tackle set with 8 minutes to go. It just makes no damn sense kicking it high in that situation. Manly had them gassed and had to pin them within their 10 with a grubber. Oh well, story of the year 2020 that got away.

If any negatives:

Suli is just not being used right. He will be a superstar if he finds the right way to play, but we wait.

Anyway, I just wanted to say this was an inspirational performance, and this team should be so proud. It wasn't about winning or losing when it comes to that judgement.

Good to hear "Too Late Tommy" will be back against Souths next week. But it is too late. It's not about making the finals any more, it's now about giving the current players more experience so that with a couple of key buys we can give 2021 a big shake.

Proud to be a Manly fan.

NYEagle
Ah have to burst your bubble tommy turbo not back for another 2 weeks

On Paseka. I’d just read the humbling story of his upbringing posted by @Mitch on another thread just before the game. I just knew no AFB, no Marty, Paseka is going to go all out. And he did. Not just the big runs, the sleight of hand pass to put Croker over, too a try saving grass cutting tackle on Mitchell Pearce. That was his best game by far. Hopefully Des gives him plenty of game time when the other two come back.

I would rather have the team that 'got bashed' but won twice personally...
Our guys are used to losing atm unfortunately and to me they spent large portions of the 2nd half waiting for it to happen...
Effort was strong but they certainly didnt outplay the Knights in any way, shape or form...

Our best players in this game were Keppie, Paseka and Cust, all young players who are thriving. Todays game was so winnable and we did not win because our discipline with and without the ball and the game management of our halves cost us dearly.

I want to see more youth in the team. We have weaknesses in our back 3 and some geniune speed would not go a miss and some height as we have to start being a threat when start our sets and also we need our halves to consistently getting the kicking game right.

When you see Penrith and Storm play their halves put up kicks at the end of the set that really challenge the fullback who has to deal with them, there are no freebies and the ball is really earnt. We pretty much surrender the ball and the opposition back 3 are not under much pressure. I want to see that change for next season and no better time like the present to give guys like Funa a chance and let them develop.

What must be addressed is our weakness at 9 and we need to make a call on Fainu once we know about his legal proceedings, we cannot afford to go a whole season if his court case drags on. It is urgent that this gaping hole at 9 is dealt with!

Thanks for this post. I thought there were lots of positives too and a few players being undeservedly targeted.

I thought it was Jakes best game in a month. Paseka and Keppie are finally developing into that punch we need when our gun forwards come off the field. If we can get all 4 firing no one will stop us.

Garrick seems frustrated to me. He isn’t getting much ball from his inside men at the moment and his specialty isn’t hit ups. When he got moved to fullback he seemed to be trying too hard which lead to errors, especially with those kicks. I back him to come good, he’s obviously working hard off the field on his game and kicking and he has the ability to benefit from some confidence if the team can get a few wins.

We really need to fix the service from dummy half if we are going to get more rhythm in attack, momentum in the forwards and cut out the errors.

Some observations:

If any negatives:

Proud to be a Manly fan.

NYEagle
Each to their own but are you honestly happy with that performance, to give up a 12 point lead for 1, then the same old crap dished out week by week give away penalties and drop the ball seriously its that predictable, as soon as 1 makes a error or gives away a penalty the rest of the team except a few players follow suit, bad luck refs are all excuses for another poor performance, this was their chance to push into top 8 and they serve out another loss that we could of and should of won, stand out players for me were paseka keppie cust

This is now 2 weeks in a row where the young guns have been our best.

Ola and Funa last week.
Paseka, Cust and Keppie this week.

I would say that these blokes certainly have what it takes to be very very good 1st grade players.

Paseka seems to be the only one out of the lot that has been given consistent game time this year.

Cust has been in and out, and inexplicably dropped after a MOTM performance.
Ola benched after a MOTM performance...and if we are honest would have been dropped except for injuries.
Keppie in and out of the side
Funa in and out, should be playing centre anyway.

I think overly conservative selection policy is our biggest issue. This is not unexpected with Des, but fustrating all the same. Please Des, let's play these young guys for the rest of the year now.

Each to their own but are you honestly happy with that performance, to give up a 12 point lead for 1, then the same old crap dished out week by week give away penalties and drop the ball seriously its that predictable, as soon as 1 makes a error or gives away a penalty the rest of the team except a few players follow suit, bad luck refs are all excuses for another poor performance, this was their chance to push into top 8 and they serve out another loss that we could of and should of won, stand out players for me were paseka keppie cust
...but they tried @Kez so there's that...

I would rather have the team that 'got bashed' but won twice personally...
Our guys are used to losing atm unfortunately and to me they spent large portions of the 2nd half waiting for it to happen...
Effort was strong but they certainly didnt outplay the Knights in any way, shape or form...
Bull$hit....they outplayed the Knights most of the match & had them except for a few silly errors & an 11 - 3 penalty assist to the Knights!

A very disappointing season. I was looking forward to seeing Hoppa and Schuster debut for Manly but that's not going to happen. I was looking forward to seeing Turbo win the Dally M and the boys in the finals but thats not going to happen. Injuries, bad refereeing decisions and poor selections - the same old song playing over and over again. I am however grateful for the effort the boys produced on Sunday. I am waiting for some one to snap their fingers and this curse of conservatism to be broken.

Was even thinking just after about 20 minutes into yesterday"s game that trying to tie down Paseka after next season should be a serious priority . Always had some wraps on him but went to another level yesterday and just like Haumole probably could be used to better effect just a bit wider in the ruck area and especially close to the opposition try line . Keppie can only get better , Cust does not lack any ticker and should be able to develop his game even more . Not too sure if wing is the best fit for Funa , runs a good line and a bit to work on in defence but probably centre , also considering that he had some stints at full back for Manly 20 's . Suli and young Hoppa could be the best available centres for Manly going forward but Hoppa "s future at Manly is another matter all together of course .

Bull$hit....they outplayed the Knights most of the match & had them except for a few silly errors & an 11 - 3 penalty assist to the Knights!
Each their own but there was no point of that game that I thought we had the Knights covered...
There was only one team on the park that looked dangerous with ball-in-hand and it was not us...
As I said the effort was good but saying we outplayed them is taking a rose-colored view imo..

What must be addressed is our weakness at 9 and we need to make a call on Fainu once we know about his legal proceedings, we cannot afford to go a whole season if his court case drags on. It is urgent that this gaping hole at 9 is dealt with!
Agreed, but we look much better when Levi is on the field. It's just a pity he gets so little game time for a starting hooker. Not sure if he can't play more than 25 minutes or if it's Dessie's choice.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8