Inglis Tactic (take note)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Inglis has lost all benefit of the doubt in these tackles for mine.

He has suddenly become a lopsided coin, falling onto his head repeatedly. It's as if he's deliberately diving.

I remember Alan Thompson when tripped from behind could intentionally shoulder roll rather falling face down like everyone else did. He repeatedly used this to return to his feet almost immediately and keep running. If Thompson could do this at full pace, how much easier from a standing start in the struggle of a wrestle to plummet head first into the ground?

Inglis was trained at the Storm after all.

He does it everytime he gets dominated in a tackle when he is still on his feet. Seems to only happen to him. The NRL have to take a closer look at it.

He also seems to have his arms up very early in the "spear tackles" ready to protect his head and soften his landing. It's definitely a tactic, I suspected so after the Inu tackle and I'm convinced now.

Also te physics of the tackles just look wrong. In a legitimate spear the tackled player tends to flip over after a considerable amount of lifting o the legs, almost like watching someone lift and flip a plank of wood. Inglis's torso always seems to rotate much faster before his legs have even been lifted all that high.

Seriously watch any other spear tackle you can find a video of and compare it to one of Inglis' recent efforts.

Its the same roll over you use when faling or jumping of a surfboard to avoid spearing your head into sand bars

I say if he wants to purposely do it then someone drive his head into the ground full tilt so we don't have to see this garbage anymore. Amazing how argurably the hardest guy to tackle in the game, who swats players off him like flies seems so helpless in these spear tackles. It's like he weighs 20 pounds and wouldn't hurt a fly lol. Some may think what I said is harsh but it's reality. If he is actually manufacturing these spear tackles then he deserves to be injured. With the refereeing and shoulder tackle law absolutely making the game a joke last thing we need is players trying to coerce penalties from dangerous tackles. Not only is it unfair to players suspended but it's stupid behavior that can turns people off watching the game. I hope he stops doing it if he actually is because eventually he will get hurt. You play with fire you get burnt. Just as long as it's another team that does it to him lol.

The second one he simply rolled onto his shoulder.

Looked at the ref......

then stayed down.

Ritchie should not get any weeks for that one.

Jax24 said:
I say if he wants to purposely do it then someone drive his head into the ground full tilt so we don't have to see this garbage anymore. Amazing how argurably the hardest guy to tackle in the game, who swats players off him like flies seems so helpless in these spear tackles. It's like he weighs 20 pounds and wouldn't hurt a fly lol. Some may think what I said is harsh but it's reality. If he is actually manufacturing these spear tackles then he deserves to be injured. With the refereeing and shoulder tackle law absolutely making the game a joke last thing we need is players trying to coerce penalties from dangerous tackles. Not only is it unfair to players suspended but it's stupid behavior that can turns people off watching the game. I hope he stops doing it if he actually is because eventually he will get hurt. You play with fire you get burnt. Just as long as it's another team that does it to him lol.

Ingliss has just signed with the Western Sydney Wanderers.

Richie Fa'aoso said -

''..You can't go high on the big lad because you end up in row 13. You just go for the legs and hit them. He's landed on his head so I have to look at my tech. He seems to be always going on his head, though, maybe because he's got a good tech of finding it.''

It seems the fans are not the only ones with the same thinking. Richie is also a little suspicious of how Inglis keeps landing on his head.

--

I hope he does himself a serious injury one week during a game, or even better - at training so no opposing player has to cop a suspension for it (unless they play for the storm, then I don't care...)

I don't want him to break his neck or get paralysed or anything, but any kind of injury serious enough to teach him a lesson about this would do just fine.

Utility Player said:
Could come down to high centre of gravity, big up top with skinny legs a fast Jason King if you will.
Might be this, might be he's deliberately leaping at the ground … but why are players lifting the legs so high anyway? If the legs are going up what can you expect but that the body goes down?

At the judiciary there should be a 'roll the tape' moment where everyone can see how frequently this has happened this season.

Look out Inglis is about to become a protected species.....NSW State of Origin doctor Nathan Gibbs has warned the NRL to protect Greg Inglis at all costs, with fears the South Sydney superstar could end up in a wheelchair.

Inglis looked battered and bruised at the Rabbitohs' recovery session at Clovelly on Saturday. He has been on the receiving end of four dangerous throw tackles in just six weeks - including three suspect hits against Manly on Friday night.

The Rabbitohs have no doubt their champion fullback is being targeted.

Gibbs on Saturday joined Souths players, including Sam Burgess and Nathan Merritt, calling for protection for Inglis. Gibbs claimed the Rabbitohs fullback was lucky not to be a paraplegic.

Manly forward Richard Fa'aoso is facing a ban for two separate tackles on Inglis that saw him put on report.

Inglis also appeared to be placed in a dangerous position in another tackle by Jason King that was not penalised.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
… but why are players lifting the legs so high anyway? If the legs are going up what can you expect but that the body goes down?

It may not be intentional. Think about it. If you are used to putting in a certain amount of effort to move a certain amount of weight and suddenly that weight becomes drastically less (i.e. Ingliss jumping up and diving for the ground), your arms will continue on up like you were still lifting the original amount of weight (and as such it would appear to be lifting his legs up high). Something similar to this happened to me a number of years ago when I was still in the RAAF when I was helping with the rearranging of computer monitors within an office area. I had been swapping a 21 inch CRT monitor from one desk on one side of the room to a desk on the other and then immediately after putting that monitor down at it's new location, I picked up the smaller 14 inch CRT monitor with basically the same amount of effort and I nearly threw the thing through the roof.

Love your applied physics note Jethro.;)

In future, Manly Players need to calculate how full of sh*t their opponent is, and adjust the pivot point of the tackle accordingly :p

How ludicrous is the Media hysteria about a key Player being a target :huh:

They are the focus of every competitive endeavour surely.
"Kill the body and the head will die. - Smokin' Joe Frazier"

What's transparent and lies in the gutter?

A Souths coach/player/supporter/Ray Hadley/Phil Rothfield with the **** kicked out of him/her.

Qld's Sunday Mail has poor little Greg hysteria on the back page. Must be such a hardship being a 6"5, 120kg, enormously paid, former cap cheating football player who also has a talent for acrobatic tumbling. Might send this guy a donation as my heart is bleeding for him.
:p

[attachment=503]

Just looked closely at the reply on this and Inglis head is down to knee height before his foot is lifted in these tackles.

in the first one his foot is on the ground until Inglis is well below knee height the rises sharply as he hits the ground - there is no manly player touching that leg only the other one.

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    5.4 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8