Inexperienced coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
We are creatures of habit , we are not drilled to ice games ,

I’m sorry guys Barrett can’t coach

So disorganised when we are attacking their try line

When u drill the team properly it becomes second nature

An experienced coach would have us well in the top 8

Trent's down to 42.62 win% as a coach, and regressing. This places him 11 spots worse off than Nathan Brown all time. That's 153/292 coaches ever.

Geoff Toovey was the 42nd best coach ever (results wise) 58.1% win record
Des Hasler was the 41st best coach ever (results wise) 58.2 win record

We are creatures of habit , we are not drilled to ice games ,

I’m sorry guys Barrett can’t coach

So disorganised when we are attacking their try line

When u drill the team properly it becomes second nature

An experienced coach would have us well in the top 8

Complete nonsense.

Trent's down to 42.62 win% as a coach, and regressing. This places him 11 spots worse off than Nathan Brown all time. That's 153/292 coaches ever.

Geoff Toovey was the 42nd best coach ever (results wise) 58.1% win record
Des Hasler was the 41st best coach ever (results wise) 58.2 win record
Hey he's only half a percent behind Fittler (our future Origin savior) he can't be that bad then.:think: :wait:

Look it’s pretty simple.

Our greatest strengths are our go forward props when they think run not pass and TT DCE working tired defenders around the ruck.When we do this we control the ball and win.

Our biggest weakness is ball control due to Hail Marys which results in lack of possession and penalties.When we do this we lose.

Indiscipline, failure to ice games,the same mistakes each week are the hallmarks of badly coached sides. They simply do not have the capacity to function under pressure because the basic structures do not exist. The hallmark of the filthy storm over the years is that each player has his role and that role is determined by the talent they have... but each and every one of them over the years knows what is expected of them as an individual under pressure. Compare this to two of the most talented players in the comp, the Trobjevics. Adversity becomes frustration becomes bad body language and we lose. Exceptional talent with no coach instilled foundations.

I think we have utilised our strengths about 3 or 4 times this year.The rest of the time we look like headless chooks. If we have had a game plan this year I’d like the Barrett defenders to outline it.Chip and Chase always refers to that lazy unders pass to a forward going nowhere when we are in the red zone.I do not think there is a better example of a badly coached side. Lazy wasted plays that occur week in week out without change.We are embarrassing in the red zone.There is no other word for it.

Simple fact is we wilt under pressure and lose our structure and composure when the blowtorch comes on.Injuries may in some cases excuse losses , what they don’t excuse is losing in a haphazard and rudderless way.Each player in a 30 man squad should know his role when called on. If you are going to lose at least lose with a plan to utilise the troops you have at your disposal.

That is down to coaching. Always has been and always will be. Because one thing I do know ... there is some super footballers in this side.

Last edited:
Exactly what I have been saying all year ..... Cowboys have a ****thouse coach ..... a good coach would have a team with all that talent in the top 8 ... damn inexperienced coaches!!!

Doesn't the coach know that all he has to say is don't drop the ball and don't give away a penalty and it magically happens !!!!

Look it’s pretty simple.

Our greatest strengths are our go forward props when they think run not pass and TT DCE working tired defenders around the ruck.When we do this we control the ball and win.

Our biggest weakness is ball control due to Hail Marys which results in lack of possession and penalties.When we do this we lose.

Indiscipline, failure to ice games,the same mistakes each week are the hallmarks of badly coached sides. They simply do not have the capacity to function under pressure because the basic structures do not exist. The hallmark of the filthy storm over the years is that each player has his role and that role is determined by the talent they have... but each and every one of them over the years knows what is expected of them as an individual under pressure. Compare this to two of the most talented players in the comp, the Trobjevics. Adversity becomes frustration becomes bad body language and we lose. Exceptional talent with no coach instilled foundations.

I think we have utilised our strengths about 3 or 4 times this year.The rest of the time we look like headless chooks. If we have had a game plan this year I’d like the Barrett defenders to outline it.Chip and Chase always refers to that lazy unders pass to a forward going nowhere when we are in the red zone.I do not think there is a better example of a badly coached side. Lazy wasted plays that occur week in week out without change.We are embarrassing in the red zone.There is no other word for it.

Simple fact is we wilt under pressure and lose our structure and composure when the blowtorch comes on.Injuries may in some cases excuse losses , what they don’t excuse is losing in a haphazard and rudderless way.Each player in a 30 man squad should know his role when called on. If you are going to lose at least lose with a plan to utilise the troops you have at your disposal.

That is down to coaching. Always has been and always will be. Because one thing I do know ... there is some super footballers in this side.
Wow what an awesome summation of why we are in the sht. There's no other reason. This rubbish will continue until TB goes to school on how to be a professional coach.

4 from 12 Woodsie after one of the easiest draws of any side with a lot more top sides to come. Season gone in May.Are you suggesting we don’t play like headless chooks in the main? Really ?At least 3 games butchered through absolute inability to play smart at the death.Knights twice, Titans, Parra twice, Canberra twice Yep. So so tough

You keep saying we have a great roster right down to man 30 yet your excuse for our chaotic play is not the coach but players who can’t execute his orders .Which one is it? I’m afraid you can’t have it both ways because we DONT win enough football games.And if it is the players then God help us because we ain’t getting any new ones in a hurry.

4 from 12. Hard facts. All the excuses in the world doesn’t change the fact that 2018 is over for the Eagles.

Last edited:
Exactly what I have been saying all year ..... Cowboys have a ****thouse coach ..... a good coach would have a team with all that talent in the top 8 ... damn inexperienced coaches!!!

Doesn't the coach know that all he has to say is don't drop the ball and don't give away a penalty and it magically happens !!!!

Mal Meninga is also the greatest coach of all time.

His record is amazing! Lucky he was there to drill into Cronk, Thurston and Smith how to ice those games.

4 from 12 Woodsie after one of the easiest draws of any side with a lot more top sides to come. Season gone in May.Are you suggesting we don’t play like headless chooks in the main? Really ?At least 3 games butchered through absolute inability to play smart at the death.

You keep saying we have a great roster right down to man 30 yet your excuse for our chaotic play is not the coach but players who can’t execute his orders .Which one is it? I’m afraid you can’t have it both ways because we DONT win enough football games.And if it is the players then God help us because we ain’t getting any new ones in a hurry.

4 from 12. Hard facts. All the excuses in the world doesn’t change the fact that 2018 is over for the Eagles.

You are correct ... we are not going well ... but I have been around too long to think there is only one reason, or that any coach is a god ....

I have read on this site 30 different posters give 20 different reasons why we lost on Friday ..... not one of them had much to do with a coach .....

And I haven't made excuses ... you have .... your excuse is Barrett ... according to some we would win every game if he practised defending the line , practised getting repeat sets, had sprint training, practised field goals . told them to play smarter , taught them to catch ... told them not to give away penalties ...

Every time we let in a try it is because we do something wrong ..... it is never because the 13 players on the other team did something right ...... and even though we are the worst coached team in the comp , and even a litany of errors, we still had that game won with 5 mins to go .... yes DCE should have closed it out ... he didn't ... but then again 13 Raiders players did their best to stop him ...

Anyway ... I never mentioned Manly .... you have to agree Paul Green is a shiitthouse coach ??

Mal Meninga is also the greatest coach of all time.

His record is amazing! Lucky he was there to drill into Cronk, Thurston and Smith how to ice those games.
This just proves my point. When you don’t have the greatest team in history and have salary cap constraints like all teams you need coaches who can get the most out of 25 or so players who are NOT in the class of Smith Cronk etc That’s what good coaches do. Get their players to play to their potential. Most on here say we have good players. Last week we had endless posts about how good how players are , how the newcomers have stepped up .Well wtf is the problem then ? Can’t have it both ways.

And for the record I like our roster . Top 8 every time if they play to their strengths.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8