In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes it's a poor recipe and, like with the piddling long-serving player allowances, the NRL will soon get to fixing this, well, er.. that is, right after Manly has been sufficiently destabilised, at least.

The marquee player dispensation stuff is worst, it completely destroys the level playing field the cap apparently creates

@Dan I beg to differ mate.

He could have easily bypassed the need to " go public", despite the fact it may have been the media / manager setting this up, so easily he could have said " this isn't going to look any good ".

But nope , he did it, flaunted it, and it was all " a part of the plan ".

There are SO SO many other ways he could have played this out, why the need to flaunt yourself at other clubs??

The answer, ALL part of the plan .

You can defend him until the cows come home but will not change my opinion one iota , it screams of " I don't give a ****".

And guess what??

Neither do I !!

@Dan I beg to differ mate.

He could have easily bypassed the need to " go public", despite the fact it may have been the media / manager setting this up, so easily he could have said " this isn't going to look any good ".

But nope , he did it, flaunted it, and it was all " a part of the plan ".

There are SO SO many other ways he could have played this out, why the need to flaunt yourself at other clubs??

The answer, ALL part of the plan .

You can defend him until the cows come home but will not change my opinion one iota , it screams of " I don't give a ****".

And guess what??

Neither do I !!

How though mark?

How does he tour the facilities and hear them out without going there?

How much worse would it have looked had he turned on his heel and fled with media there

How though mark?

How does he tour the facilities and hear them out without going there?

How much worse would it have looked had he turned on his heel and fled with media there

@Dan Mate, how easy to to a video of the facilities and have a video hookup with all the board, you of all people know the alternatives are endless .

Just admit it was ALL part of the process , to probably pressure Manly.

And I just hope it fails!!

@Dan I'm on the National Board of a past service organisation. We recent conducted on Zoom, a meeting where we looked at some conference facilities in Coffs Harbour, reviewed and looked at a meeting room in Geelong, plus conducted a meeting with 9 members spread from one end if Australia to the other.

Sure it's not a 6 million dollar deal BUT all from the comfort ( and privacy ) of my own home.

Cherry had loads of other options to conduct this " auction", he and his team chose the public one!!

And as far as I'm concerned he's sullied his reputation as a result , if you can't see this then sorry we will have to agree to disagree !!

@Dan Mate, how easy to to a video of the facilities and have a video hookup with all the board, you of all people know the alternatives are endless .

Just admit it was ALL part of the process , to probably pressure Manly.

And I just hope it fails!!

A video is not the same. Even in my job I want to go and look at a place and an office before taking a job.

Same reason I fly all over Europe to show solutions rather than do it via video.

I understand that the process is upsetting as fans but give the guy some credit he has to go and see these places not just a video of them that just isn't realistic, and won't give you the vibe

I think you are being unbrlievey harsh on the guy.
The only thing that I would see as sullying his reputation is if he signs with another club.

A video is not the same. Even in my job I want to go and look at a place and an office before taking a job.

Same reason I fly all over Europe to show solutions rather than do it via video.

I understand that the process is upsetting as fans but give the guy some credit he has to go and see these places not just a video of them that just isn't realistic, and won't give you the vibe

Then do this in private , at night , without leaking to the press first.

Let's agree on one thing at least , he, or his manager, are playing the game!!

And that's what sticks in my craw.

What is 2 see? The ground? The Gym? Trophy cabinet checking out the prestigious amco cup victory of 1979

Last edited:
Don't worry about it Dan, some fans are starting to crack under the relentless pressure applied by News Ltd and supporters of all rival clubs.

I don't blame them, they are only human, but I have to say, I expect the Manly Sea Eagles to have a very strong season. Correction, 'another' very strong season.

What is 2 see? The ground? The Gym?
Rehab facilities, training facilities, administration, you don't get a feel for an environment from a video. Walking into a sea eagles session would be massively different from walking into a sharks one, all that matters when there are several million dollars at stake.

The poor guy is getting lunched because he is trying to make a decision for his future

Then do this in private , at night , without leaking to the press first.

Let's agree on one thing at least , he, or his manager, are playing the game!!

And that's what sticks in my craw.
Again how do you tour facilities at night and get a feel for it? How do you stop the press from being there.

None of those things are realistic or DCE's fault.

Honestly if I were him and read all this rubbish on here I would just says stuff it and take the biggest vaj offer.

You want him to show loyalty but knife him at every turn.

I am intelligent enough and reasonable enough and also know most of you well enough to comprehend that you are displaying symptoms of hurt and pride rather than actually being upset at the kid, but he doesn't have that same benefit of 20/20

Rehab facilities, training facilities, administration, you don't get a feel for an environment from a video. Walking into a sea eagles session would be massively different from walking into a sharks one, all that matters when there are several million dollars at stake.

The poor guy is getting lunched because he is trying to make a decision for his future
They have a big swamp around their ground that stinks to high heaven. We have cleaner and better swamps, cases in point curl curl lagoon, dee why lagoon, narrabeen lakes.

When did the player decide he needed all this? We have signed a heap of players I don't remember for instance Ian Roberts, Martin Bella, Cliff Lyons can name more but pointless none of them that I know of needed 2 know any off that. Players need 2 know they will be paid (sharks don't have a great record) and who the coach will be. Players these day's get way ahead of themselves.

For me Dan's earlier point re the media interest in DCE is key.

Does anyone honestly think that there was the same level of interest in Glenn Stewart? The story was in the manly "implosion" not the player. Even Foz, a softly spoken kiwi, does not compre (in terms of media interest) to DCE

You could argue that there are some steps they DCE and his manager cold have taken however the media interest, however, especially in the 24 hour news cycle of today, I am not sure there is much more they could have done

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8