In my years of following league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
I've never seen a more stupid idea ever.

A U20's Origin, it reeks of desperation from the ARL to keep players to play for the Kangaroos and tying up player's to not play for either where they come from or heritage despite never really have an actual chance of playing for them.

All league fans should see through the this ploy.

In saying that origin actually evolves meaning that blokes that are eligible to play origin can play and go back and play for the other countries

Gotta be joking. The future is about playing top class football similar to the super 15 rugby. The nrl will be the lower tier comp. There will be more money in this with gate takings, sponsorship and tv rights. It is only a matter of time before we have a north and south island NZ in the origin creating a 4 way comp. I love the concept and think it will be good for league.

dowdz said:
Moondog said:
It's right up there with the indigenous-all stars game in the stupid idea stakes.

This is the winner for me.

Great game if you like injuries before the REAL games get on

Do a ****ing outreach round where you go to places with a high population of aboriginals,dont waste players time in a mickey mouse game

Do it in "Close the gap" round,it would be an instant hit and that **** game would forever be forgotten

Would suggest the indigenous population feel differently about the game

Forgot to mention had a mate who does work as part of it - the amount of work they did with indigenous kids is massive...and it has a huge impact (it is a whole week of activities not just the game)

Is it really much different to the NSW v Qld U18s they play now ?

Saw one of those last year, biff galore

eagles2win said:
I've never seen a more stupid idea ever.

A U20's Origin, it reeks of desperation from the ARL to keep players to play for the Kangaroos and tying up player's to not play for either where they come from or heritage despite never really have an actual chance of playing for them.

All league fans should see through the this ploy.

Who cares QLD`ers fu*n use New Zealanders, Papua New Guinean`s anyway plus New South Welshmen .

lsz said:

Forgot to mention had a mate who does work as part of it - the amount of work they did with indigenous kids is massive...and it has a huge impact (it is a whole week of activities not just the game)

I like how you ignored the point of the post,change it so the round is played in aboriginal areas for close the gap round,so much better

I seriously doubt the motive behind the concept is to keep players tied to the Kangaroos. Its just another showcase game they can sell for television. I love Origin and as Kiwi Eagles has said, the passion definitely exists in the junior games so I'd definitely watch it.

As for the All Star game, it does raise a lot of money for indigenious charities. Players who play in this game would normally be playing in another trial game so the risk of injury isn't any worse IMO.

lsz said:

And also the under 20's.

The Eagle said:
lsz said:

I like how you ignored the point of the post,change it so the round is played in aboriginal areas for close the gap round,so much better

You honestly think it is commercial possible to move games during the season for all clubs?

Where would the games be played? Are there enough grounds of NRL standard?
Which clubs would be happy to move their games unless their income was protected?

Nice idea in theory but not practical

DSM5 said:
Bring back reserve grade please. The U20s is Mickey Mouse touch.

Yep, I agree DSM...with all this talk about getting the crowds back it's got to be a winner for the NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8